2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

And Wall creates a sht load of 3's for his wings....in a bad offense with mediocre talent. Had Trevor ariza shooting the blood out of the ball and got paid. Martell Webster had a career year too from 3 with Wall. This is done by Wall's passing instincts. Outside of shooting....there isn't anything Kyle Lowry does better than John wall.

20/10/5 with Randy Whitman, that roster, and offense. 35% on 3?

Dude isn't rondo out there.

From dead spin comments section:

My friend who is a lawyer said immediately upon reading that she would have advised him to say no he didn’t know either until they explicitly defined what they meant by it in this context. She said it sounds awful on the surface, but in a trial the meaning of a word isn’t set in stone to a jury and both sides try to use it to their advantage so if you are on the defense you let them define it first. Sounds about right. It is skeezy, but a good lawyer can always make it a bit more so.

I think I would agree. Every question is a loaded question for a defendant. There is a legal definition of consent for every state, I wouldn’t want to answer that. I’d want the plaintiffs attorney to establish that, and go from there. The wrong answer here, can be used later.

It looks ******, and everything else about Rose looks ****** here. But I wouldn’t doubt his lawyer advised him on that answer.

And as a Bulls fan, SO GLAD that guy is gone.

Sometimes, you don’t think of every question. I’ve never defended a case like this but you even good lawyers don’t necessarily know a definitional question like that would be asked. There should have been an objection and a request for clarification or just tell him not to answer because he is here to provide facts. His definition of consent is not an issue in the case. It is what he actually DID and, in a criminal case, thought.

This. There is so much grey area with what is considered “consent” these days. It differs from state to state. Obviously no means no, but what if she’d had a few drinks? And things went from there?

Both sides have been trying to sway public opinion and smear the other. Jane does team has been selectively leaking portions of Rose's deposition, which is not supposed to be available to the public, to make him look bad. But something like this doesn't really matter in determining what actually happened the night of the incident.

Yea I mean you can tell rose is dumb af as soon as you hear him speak. But they're trying to make it seem like he can't comprehend a woman not wanting to have sex with him. The interview she put out is... interesting and completely contradicts some of the evidence and text messages from the case

The day of the party (August 26, 2013) you initiated contact with Rose and sent him some sexually explicit text messages. You then told him that you were going to buy a sex belt and bring it to his house that night.

However, during your deposition, you admitted to lying in those text messages, particularly about the purchasing of the sex belt, which you already owned. What prompted you to send those texts?

I started out sending him a picture and then he took the lead from that part. I was responding the way I thought he would want me to respond. He knew that’s not normally how I respond. This time I was actually telling him things that I thought he would want to hear.
I was using similar words that he uses, his slang. I started using that, so that chain of messages is completely different from how we used to communicate and my prior messages to him.

It was all about trying to find a connection again, and I felt that was what he wanted to hear basically.

“This time I was actually telling him things that I thought he would want to hear.”

When he said to Skype him again or send him a video, because I told him I’d be in the shower, I said my phone wasn’t working and my computer wasn’t working. That was a lie. At that time I was like, he’s going to know I’m lying, that’s what I was thinking in my head, because this has happened before, I’ve told him the computer isn’t working, the phone isn’t working.

He asked me for the videos, I think, four times. I was lying that things weren’t working — I’d think he’d want to hear things, but I still wasn’t going to send him a video of myself touching myself naked. And he never received anything from me like that.

So with the sex belt, he asked me to surprise him with something, and I immediately thought I would bring a belt and that would make him just happy and interested. I knew the belt was [in my apartment] … [it] was just a gift because my friend was promoting the belt and he was promoting them at the event and he just went ahead and gave me one and gave everyone else in the event one. Mine was literally hanging on a hanger in my room with the tags on and everything, so I was like — oh, I’ll give it to him as a gift. I didn’t want him to know that it was already here. So that’s where that came from. And when I took it over to his house, I was really nervous. I didn’t even give it to him.

He knew I was that same girl. I could see him, he was looking at me like, he knew I’m super shy. I didn’t bring the belt out; I just hid the belt in the bathroom when I went to use the restroom and it just stayed there.

Last edited:
Lowry has been doing this for 3-4 years, but he kept getting nicked up which slows him down.

And Wall creates a sht load of 3's for his wings....in a bad offense with mediocre talent. Had Trevor ariza shooting the blood out of the ball and got paid. Martell Webster had a career year too from 3 with Wall. This is done by Wall's passing instincts. Outside of shooting....there isn't anything Kyle Lowry does better than John wall.

Add him having a dirt old Rasaul Butler looking like a marksman again 2 years ago!

Lowry is always hurt by April/May. Always.

His playoff stats are embarrassing because he's ALWAYS hurt when the games are played.

Can't trust him. Give me Wall over him 10/10 times.

Last edited:

And for all of that, the offense stays terrible. Some blame goes to Witman but zero goes to Wall? Okay.

You say shooting like it's some small thing, when it has a huge impact at the PG position. He;s a way way more efficient scorer than wall, and a better paint finisher. Lowry is also a better rebounder.

Both elite PG defenders, but Walla has the edge on D because he can guard multiple positions.

and never mind the fact that Dwayne Casey been running the ISO ball clogged toilet offense for a minute, when did he become Mike D'antoni? :lol:

The Raptors best lineup was Lowry, Cory Joseph, Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross and Bismack Biyombo, they smashed teams with it, 16 point net rating. :lol:

So forgive me if I'm not persuaded by the no talent, bad coaching = Wall is better.

Last edited:
Mike Conley or John Wall? 
nerd.gif

Going to NY and Boston from october 11 for 2 weeks. Already got myself tickets for the Knicks vs Celtics preseason game at MSG.

Suggestions everybody??

Last edited:
I'm appalled that we have devoted pages to legitimizing an obvious get rich quick scheme smh. I detest rapists and I won't even delve into what I think should happen to them. But I also hate blatant liars who make a mockery of the legal system (not that it isn't already a joke on its own but I digress), and don't have enough integrity to make it on their own so they attempt to sully someone else's reputation.
cosign. going thru it right now actually. long story short, a 30mph both at fault fender bender has turned into a 6 figure injury lawsuit full of lies. lady went to get checked out on the day of the accident, and complained of a headache and anxiety. hired a lawyer, 5 days later, 5 days after that went to 4 different doctors complaining of headaches, anxiety, constant neck pain, back pain, sleeplessness, irritability, spinal misalignment, chest pain, and knee pain. the papers say, she was missing so many days at walmart to go to the doctor, that they had to let her go. as a result she lost her independence, and then also had to send her youngest child away to family to be taken care of for the time being. and for all of that, they want our insurance company to foot the bill for medical for the rest of her life totaling over 6 figures.

all of this... for a 30mph fender bender. #justice

Sports Illustrated's Top 100 NBA Players for 2016-17 is finished...

20. DeAndre Jordan
19. Klay Thompson
18. Al Horford
17. John Wall
16. Jimmy Butler
15. Paul Milsap
14. Kyle Lowry
13. Draymond Green
12. DeMarcus Cousins
11. LaMarcus Aldridge
10. Blake Griffin
9. Paul George
8. Anthony Davis
7. James Harden
6. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russell Westbrook
4. Chris Paul
3. Stephen Curry
2. Kevin Durant
1. LeBron James

Full list and reasoning: http://www.si.com/nba/2016/09/12/nba-top-100-player-rankings

Hold on.

John Wall is better than Klay Thompson!?

Draymond Green is better than Jimmy Butler? John Wall? & Klay Thompson!?

Al Horford is a top 20 player in the world?!

Who's in control of hiring writers at Sports Illustrated? Nah seriously.... I need their name and contact information. What kind of foolishness....

Back
Top Bottom