2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If Memphis is healthy then I'd place OKC comfortably behind them.

After that, they can certainly be better than Portland, Utah, Dallas, etc.

Although I'm concerned as to what they'll do for the 10-13 mins where Russ will be on the bench.
nope not dallas mayne everything else

That Kanter contract still sucks and no one was running at OKC to take it off their hands when they were gunning for FAs. Even with the cap jump.

That Kanter contract still sucks and no one was running at OKC to take it off their hands when they were gunning for FAs. Even with the cap jump.
free agent.. horford was the only free agent we were connected to

Mosgov is damn near making the same amount. That contract is fine, especially given his production .

Last edited:
you said it..

3-4 teams

5-6 players on those teams

BTW, I said the 5th or 6th best player. Not 5-6 players better :lol: . When you start talking about the 4th or 5th best player on those teams, then multiple factors come into play. Like I don't see any value in having Adams in Memphis because he's not a need unless we brought him off the bench. The same can be said for LAC and Utah.

The reason why I don't want to do it because when you start listing players that don't play the same position, you have to factor in what value that player holds on their particular team. Once you get outside of the top 3 players on the teams I listed, then you start talking about mainly role player potential and what those guys offer compared to what Adams offer.

Last edited:
Im not falling for this Utah hype. At all

A team that won 41 games last year....with 3 (Gobert, Favors, Burke/) of their best players missing significant time....AND they just upgraded their weakes position.

45-48 wins for the Jazz if healthy. Book it.

If you're comparing contracts to Mozgov or Noah's contract, every contract in the history of the league looks great...

I'm comparing it relative to what you actually get for the money you pay. You said even with the new cap it's an overpay which is false.

Utah is scary. My only concern is their offense, but I've seen with my own eyes as a Grizz fan that talent, a bad offense and excellent defense can be a 50+ win team.

you said it..

3-4 teams

5-6 players on those teams
BTW, I said the 5th or 6th best player. Not 5-6 players better
laugh.gif
. When you start talking about the 4th or 5th best player on those teams, then multiple factors come into play. Like I don't see any value in having Adams in Memphis because he's not a need unless we brought him off the bench. The same can be said for LAC and Utah.

The reason why I don't want to do it because when you start listing players that don't play the same position, you have to factor in what value that player holds on their particular team. Once you get outside of the top 3 players on the teams I listed, then you start talking about mainly role player potential and what those guys offer compared to what Adams offer.
harden was the 3rd best player on the thunder team that went to the finals and came off the bench..

manu was incredibly important to spurs, again came of the bench.. and far from their 6th "best" player

you used the word "best".. "value" is a different story

depending on who the warriors are playing, then the value of certain players obviously becomes very debatable (like iggy's value vs the cavs when they won the championship)

just name the players

I don't know. I can see it both ways for OKC.

I don't think they'll be all that or anything, and their roster has some serious issues from a construction standpoint, but as Mamba alluded to, this isn't the 14'-15' west where it was like 48 games necessary to break into the playoffs.

In my eyes, The Warriors, Clippers, and maybe the Spurs (I have serious reservations about them, but they're the spurs so, I guess...) are the clear top 3 out west. Beyond that, it's lowkey wideopen. A Cluster****. Memphis would be that 4th team, but the more I sit on Memphis the more I don't believe in them either as being significantly better than say Utah or something. 

Utah, Memphis, Portland, OKC, Dallas, Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans, I mean what is the separation between all of these teams coming into the 16-17 season? I get the Utah hype, and I can see it...but I could also see them as being a fringe playoff team again as well. 

Last edited:
I'm comparing it relative to what you actually get for the money you pay. You said even with the new cap it's an overpay which is false.

You can compare it to whatever. Still not a good contract for a guy that can't start full time. Probably can't finish games either. If he improves, cool. But OKC's been trying to move him with no takers.

3 yr/54 mil left

You can compare it to whatever. Still not a good contract for a guy that can't start full time. Probably can't finish games either. If he improves, cool. But OKC's been trying to move him with no takers.

3 yr/54 mil left
the only discussions had were preliminary, because it was predicated on signing horford

Last edited:
A team that won 41 games last year....with 3 (Gobert, Favors, Burke/) of their best players missing significant time....AND they just upgraded their weakes position.

45-48 wins for the Jazz if healthy. Book it.

I feel you on that but the rest of the West kinda upgraded too. My sleepers are Houston and Memphis (if these teams stay healthy).

For some reason I think Harden is out for blood and respect this upcoming season.

I feel you on that but the rest of the West kinda upgraded too. My sleepers are Houston and Memphis (if these teams stay healthy).

For some reason I think Harden is out for blood and respect this upcoming season.
Huh?  Other than the Warriors, Grizzles, Jazz, and Trailblazers, which teams really got better in the West?  Most teams took a step back and the Grizzles and Trailblazers additions aren't really going to move the needle much.

Last edited:
Every year that goes by reminds me that we're a year closer to being boo boo. It's a good thing this is our year.

Dray's sc is hilarious :rofl:,spends most of his time roasting his USA teammates :lol:

How has dude gone from being one of my least favorite players in the league to being the most bearable one on the Dubs in the space of a month? :rofl:

Huh?  Other than the Warriors, Grizzles, Jazz, and Trailblazers, which teams really got better in the West?  Most teams took a step back and the Grizzles and Trailblazers additions aren't really going to move the needle much.

I have the biggest bone to pick with you because you think the Grizz adding a shooter/playmaker is not going to move the needle (as a healthy squad). Not to mention all of their players returning from injury :lol: . Its one thing to think they're not going to be healthy reach will result in a decline, but some think a healthy team still isn't that good and didn't get better.

Oh well. I guess that's why we play the games.

this russ press conference :smokin
you'd think he brought home a title with this crowd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom