2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

which is funny considering the primary reason the thunder beat the grizz last time in the playoffs

Yea getting Zbo suspended and taking the lowly Grizz to 7 games with KD, Russ, Ibaka and the superhero Reggie Jackson :lol:

This is just like when OKC made that trade to move Reggie and people start hyping up Kyle Singler saying OKC got excellent value back in a big man that's a liability defensively and perimeter player that can barely crack the rotation

Last edited:

i think ilyasova gets moved at some point, there are 5 other people who can play the 4 spot for the thunder: kanter, Roberson, sabonis, mcgary and huetis

the thunder have the following players 24 or younger (and yet people are jumping to conclusions on them and the team):

24: kanter, dipo, Roberson, mcgary and huestis

23: adams and abrines

21: payne

20: sabonis
Age doesn't matter when we are discussing next season. This is not a long term outlook. If we were talking long term, then maybe OKC would be in a better position if their younger guys continue to get better. The very reason why you mentioned their age is the same reason why I don't think they're just going to come in ready to be a top 5 team in the West
laugh.gif
you mean younger players improving from one season to the next as they get older doesn't matter?

like for example payne no longer being a rookie.. kanter getting his first playoff experience.. ditto Roberson, who was glued to bench his rookie year

how old was marc gasol when he got to Memphis again? ditto zbo?

which is funny considering the primary reason the thunder beat the grizz last time in the playoffs

i think they should spot start at the 4.. assuming abrines can be somewhat close to player that he was for Barcelona, I'd lock in russ-dipo-abrines and adams

then if the team is smaller go with Roberson.. team is bigger then go with kanter, who still gets heavy mins

I need to get up to speed with Abrines. Zero knowledge about him. YOu like?

Yea getting Zbo suspended and taking the lowly Grizz to 7 games with KD, Russ, Ibaka and the superhero Reggie Jackson
laugh.gif
blame scotty for that going 7.. if he actually played adams instead of letting yall take advantage of the walking dead that was Kendrick "i run like i wear combat boots" perkins

I was thinking 20 and 10 :x

I think Adams is going to be able to get off a little more offensively so that's where the 16 comes in. 14 and 11 for Adams next season. Kanter def in the top 10 in PER again next season though.

20 and 10 isn't that far fetched for Kanter. That's practically what he put up when he first got to OKC. I just don't think he'll get the minutes to pull it off.

you mean younger players improving from one season to the next as they get older doesn't matter?

like for example payne no longer being a rookie.. kanter getting his first playoff experience.. ditto Roberson, who was glued to bench his rookie year

how old was marc gasol when he got to Memphis again? ditto zbo?

Are you really expecting a difference in Kanter and Roberson? From my understanding, after 3 seasons, it's pretty telling as to what a NBA player will become. I just don't see this drastic improvement from the role players. The reason I do see improvement from Adams is potentially due to usage increase and he'll take more shots.

Oladipo is heading into his 4th year and he's about to adjust to playing next to Westbrook. That in itself can limit his production. Assuming EVERY young player in the rotation will get better is unrealistic. Not only get better, but make a bigger impact than what's anticipated by most.

What is your non-Westbrook lineup during the 15 minutes he'll be off the court or if he misses time? How do you expect the team to play without Russ on the court against other playoff level teams?

Last edited:
You realize how difficult it is do put up these numbers? Kanter aint gonna do that man come on :lol:

i do. But on this team, it isnt unreasonable. He just always seems to get easy buckets. And with more playing time, his numbers will get close to that.

13 and 8 in 21 minutes last year. And during his first season in OKC, he was getting 19 and 11 in 31 minutes.

20 and 10 isn't nuts at all.

I was thinking 20 and 10 :x

I think Adams is going to be able to get off a little more offensively so that's where the 16 comes in. 14 and 11 for Adams next season. Kanter def in the top 10 in PER again next season though.

racist adams should be able to provide offensive numbers similar to deandre jordan who put up 10+ pts. has a nice litlle inside gm and can hit some FTs. just run to the rim and finish. should be able to put 15/10

Last edited:
racist adams should be able to provide offensive numbers similar to deandre jordan who put up 10+ pts. has a nice litlle inside gm and can hit some FTs. just run to the rim and finish. should be able to put 15/10

:lol: at racist adams

I can see some numbers around 14 and 9 for Adams. Hopefully, he's able to keep his foul rate down and refrain from all of the techs.

:lol: at racist adams

I can see some numbers around 14 and 9 for Adams. Hopefully, he's able to keep his foul rate down and refrain from all of the techs.

my man andris biedrins put up a 10/10 season and had a couple 10/9, no reason why adams should not be able eat off easy buckets alone. unless, russ steals all the boards, adams should clean up with KD gone

Last edited:
4 seed barring injuries, 47-50 wins, 30/10/9. MVP.
These two things don't go together. 50 wins is like the bare minimum for MVP consideration, and usually you need a lot more than that. No player in the past 35 years has won MVP on a sub 50-win team.

What is your non-Westbrook lineup during the 15 minutes he'll be off the court or if he misses time? How do you expect the team to play without Russ on the court against other playoff level teams?
payne - dipo - abrines - kanter - adams

that's 1 possible lineup.. or: payne - dipo- abrines - Roberson - adams or kanter

not sure how many mins sabonis will get as a rookie

I was thinking 20 and 10
sick.gif
Enes Kanter has developed a 3 ball too. I can easily see him getting 18/10 a night. He was averaging 19 and 11 26 games with the Thunder when he got traded midseason

Last edited:

These two things don't go together. 50 wins is like the bare minimum for MVP consideration, and usually you need a lot more than that. No player in the past 35 years has won MVP on a sub 50-win team.
Good point. 

But to play devil's advocate 

Cavs will take it easy during the reg season so Lebron's stats will dip

Warriors win about 65 games and they spread the wealth around 

Russ gets insane stats and OKC hits the 50 win min and I think everyone in the media will give him a good story narrative about sticking it out.

Maybe Kanter has changed, but I still see him as that "empty stat" guy. He'll definitely put up that 18/10, but not have a major effect on the game itself. It would be smart to stagger his minutes to where he's playing without Russ on the floor. He's probably the only other offensive quality guy I trust in the halfcourt. Put him out there with a bunch of defenders and let him work.

His DBPM was -3.1 last season, down from -1.7 the year before that. His defense is so bad that his offensive output still doesn't outweigh it in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

IF they won 50, he would certainly have a great chance at winning the MVP. The GSW trio will cancel each other out. Voters would be wet for Russ if he willed them to 50 wins.

Maybe Kanter has changed, but I still see him as that "empty stat" guy.

this is exactly how i feel. When i say he could do 20 and 10, I'm not saying its going to look impressive

He's like lettuce. Taste good in a salad but there's no nutrition coming from it.

he's the king of empty stat, in my opinion

:lol:

OKC definitely making the playoffs barring injury to Russ.

"And this is why we play the games"
Very true, look what Portland did last year, I think they can at least do that.

It's gon be fun watching Westbrook this year. He bout to go in full 06 Kobe mode. :pimp:
:pimp:

this is exactly how i feel. When i say he could do 20 and 10, I'm not saying its going to look impressive

He's like lettuce. Taste good in a salad but there's no nutrition coming from it.

he's the king of empty stat, in my opinion
Yep much like Pau and Vucevic

Completely a myth, lettuce does have nutritional value. More than kale actually.

Last edited:
Completely a myth, lettuce does have nutritional value. More than kale actually.

Its extremely low. If anything, the benefits is it lettuce is a bulking food, so you get full with eating alot, which cuts calories.

Kale is just something people fool themselves into believing is great for you. A fad. I live in a city where its loved, but they are all phonies. Yoga and Kale. Can't stand them both.

Back
Top Bottom