2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Its all that dressing that people put in salads that takes away from the nutritional value of lettuce. Kale is good for you, just not the way people think it is.

Last edited:
its definitely the dressing. I can't eat a salad without some top notch dressing. By the time i'm done making a salad, I might as well have a two patty burger.

Crutons galore, chicken, eggs, sour cream, bacon bits, all of that

Why is the NBA app so late? :smh: :lol:

Just got an alert about Westbrook signing

Last edited:
It's difficult to use Harden's team as an example when Dwight still played 41 games and I think Ariza was a better role player than everyone else on OKC outside of Adams potentially.

It's just like people using OKC's 45 wins 2 seasons ago as to why Russ can carry them to a top 5 seed.

This is a much worse case scenario because there is no room for injuries on that team nor do they have a 2nd elite player to even play half of the games like those precious two teams had.

Exactly. Its gonna be a rude awakening for people.

I think the sleeper team is gonna be Memphis. All they have to hope is Parsons stays healthy and they good.

How many guys have gotten 20 and 10 over the past 5 years
Westbrook, John Wall, Chris Paul, Boogie, Dwight, Love, AD, Al Jefferson, David Lee, Blake Griffin, Vucevic

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure im missing quite a few more.

Bottom line is, we have a 34 game sample size from Kanter putting up 19 and 11 as a starter when he was the 2nd option. It's not out of the realm of possibility that at 24 years old, if given the same role that he could put up 20 and 10.

Last edited:
I just read all of what @bhzmafia14  said above..

how many teams in the west have 2 "elite" players?

warriors, spurs and clippers.. anyone else?

OKC will rt back in it if they can land a productive piece at the 3...hell rudy gay would be a nice temp fill in till next summer or if they could pry khris middleton from jkidd or hayward from jazz this team is solid 

Last edited:
I just read all of what @bhzmafia14
 said above..

If Memphis is healthy then I'd place OKC comfortably behind them.

After that, they can certainly be better than Portland, Utah, Dallas, etc.

Although I'm concerned as to what they'll do for the 10-13 mins where Russ will be on the bench.

Last edited:
 said above..

Its not as simple as that.

Its how good is OKC's other players in comparison to teams like LAC, Portland, Memphis, Utah and whoever else.

Sure, OKC has the best player overall amongst those squads, but OKC's 2nd best player may end up being the 5th/6th best player on any of these teams. 3 of those 4 teams I listed, OKC's 2nd best player wouldn't even start on those teams because their center is better.

I'm all for OKC doing well and making a run because I'm a Westbrook fan. But, I just don't think OKC is going to be THAT good going into next season. I have my reasonings and nothing in the past has shown me otherwise. I don't see them being good enough to consistently beat teams over .500, I questioned whether Russ can play a full year going beast mode every game without KD and also question their young group of role players.

I hope they prove me wrong because I'll like to see them do well, but I don't see it. I especially don't see it again good/great defensive teams. Utah will definitely give them trouble and if Memphis can get their defense back up to par with a healthy season, I don't see them touching them, either. You have to factor in not only KD leaving and the team adjusting to that, but also another big piece in Ibaka. To think its not going to be a transition phase in all that? Naw, its not going to be that easy

Last edited:
I'm not buying the Utah hype. It would not shock me at all if they're on the playoff bubble again this year.

Too much transition (losing 2 core guys) with a lot uncertainity surrounded by Westbrook. I'm just not going to simply insert them into a top 5 seed (healthy or not).

Quote:
Its how good is OKC's other players in comparison to teams like LAC, Portland, Memphis, Utah and whoever else.

Sure, OKC has the best player overall amongst those squads, but OKC's 2nd best player may end up being the 5th/6th best player on any of these teams. 3 of those 4 teams I listed, OKC's 2nd best player wouldn't even start on those teams because their center is better.
steven adams wouldn't start for Portland or Utah?

and name the 5/6 best players on these 3/4 teams you're referring too

Quote:

steven adams wouldn't start for Portland or Utah?

and name the 5/6 best players on these 3/4 teams you're referring too

I said 3 of 4 of those teams. So, Portland, he would start over Plums or Leonard. He's not starting over Favors and Gobert in Utah. He's not starting over Marc or Jordan either.

This naming players better than Adams thing is not going to go well because its going to turn into a player ranking thread. :lol:

Last edited:

said above..

Elite to me, means top 10. I feel like only the warriors fit the category of two or more elite players.
depending on the answer I was going ask for 'elite to be defined'.. but was willing to extend it to all-star level guys, which fits those 3

This naming players better than Adams thing is not going to go well because its going to turn into a player ranking thread.
laugh.gif
you said it..

3-4 teams

5-6 players on those teams

Back
Top Bottom