2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Russ is going to have 06 Bean esque usage numbers, outside of GS, SA, and the Clippers, their talent is on par with the rest of the west. Adams is going to be a monster, and we all know Kanter puts up numbers regardless of his defensive deficiencies. Not sure how Dipo is going to fit, but he can play. He has a much better cast than those bums Kobe dragged to 45 wins.

Last edited:
ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$$$$

Thought he was smarter than that when you got cities like Miami NYC CHI LA SFO DAL aint no FA trying to F with okc which mean FAs will look elsewhere and we know good and well OKC aint winning no chip *kanye shrug*

Russ is going to have 06 Bean esque usage numbers, outside of GS, SA, and the Clippers, their talent is on par with the rest of the west. Adams is going to be a monster, and we all know Kanter puts up numbers regardless of his defensive deficiencies. Not sure how Dipo is going to fit, but he can play. He has a much better cast than those bums Kobe dragged to 45 wins.

Their talent is not on par with the rest of the West :lol:

Kanter would struggle to start on most playoff teams because of his lack of defense. I love Adams just like the next guy, but if Steven Adams is your 2nd best player ....its going to be pretty tough.

On that 05-06 Lakers team, Odom was better than any player currently on the OKC roster and they pushed 45 wins. Then we're factoring in the entire roster staying healthy for an entire season, which is unrealistic in itself :lol: .

Outside of Westbrook and Adams to an extent for some teams with weak centers, I wouldn't take no one else on that roster as a starter on GSW, SAS, Utah, Memphis, LAC and probably even Portland.

Adams would be an easy replacement on Portland and Houston due to their center position being weak. Most playoff teams in the West have at least 3 (potentially 4) players better than OKC in their starting lieup.

Last edited:
He's giving OKC a chance while at the same time protecting himself and making it easier for a trade

I don't think he's not smart for this choice. OKC took a chance on him to draft him as high as they did and they enable him to shoot and play reckless

Their talent is not on par with the rest of the West
laugh.gif

Kanter would struggle to start on most playoff teams because of his lack of defense. I love Adams just like the next guy, but if Steven Adams is your 2nd best player ....its going to be pretty tough.

On that 05-06 Lakers team, Odom was better than any player currently on the OKC roster and they pushed 45 wins. Then we're factoring in the entire roster staying healthy for an entire season, which is unrealistic in itself
laugh.gif

Outside of Westbrook and Adams to an extent for some teams with weak centers, I wouldn't take no one else on that roster as a starter on GSW, SAS, Utah, Memphis, LAC and probably even Portland.

Adams would be an easy replacement on Portland and Houston due to their center position being weak.
I think Dipo is going to ball out this year with Russ but that's just a hunch from me

They're for damn sure better than Memphis.

boyyyyyy

I think Dipo is going to ball out this year with Russ but that's just a hunch from me

Maybe so, but I don't like the fit at all. Oladipo didn't fit well next to Payton and I don't anticipate him fitting that well with Russ. I like Oladipo more so as a ball dominant guard to get the most out of him. Unless he improves his 3 point shot, I see some spacing issues.

Last edited:
ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$$$$

Thought he was smarter than that when you got cities like Miami NYC CHI LA SFO DAL aint no FA trying to F with okc which mean FAs will look elsewhere and we know good and well OKC aint winning no chip *kanye shrug*

aint no other team outside of w's/cavs winning it and there's no way he is landing there. so winning a chip is really out of the questions
nothing wrong with getting paid and staying in a place he is familiar with. these guys can spend their summers elsewhere. am i surprised he is staying? absolutely.
days of playing in a big city and getting fame is over. guys can be stars anywhere with how global the nba is and how guys are marketed

Last edited:

:lol: your not serious with their talent is on par with the rest of the west

Your team has to be great overall to win in the playoffs. Regular season not so much. Utah has yet to put it together, Portland/Houston have stars close to Russ' level but their own issues as well. And Memphis is well Memphis. That's the competition. I believe in Russ and the type of blood running through his veins x the motivation to prove he can carry a team.

Ilyasova will be huge for them next year, need him to be knockdown to help with spacing.

I think Vic will shoot a little bit better as well since he's not playing with Payton who cannot shoot even shoot at all.

Last time he had to carry this team, blood and motivation only got them more vacation time

He had never been in that position before. He's a better player than he was the last half on 2015. All you non-believers will see soon enough.

Also, last time the West had a lot more depth than they do now. They had 45 wins which I expect them to get again this year which would place them in the playoffs pretty safely.

Also, last time the West had a lot more depth than they do now. They had 45 wins which I expect them to get again this year which would place them in the playoffs pretty safely.

This as well. There's 1 juggernaut in GS. 2 really good ones in LAC and SA and then the rest. OKC can def be the best of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom