2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

thats what the stars do though. Of course its money. But it would have been the same thing had he waited, correct? Thats my point. Players give teams interview just to be told how great they are. He said forget all that nonsense. I want to be here, lets get it done.
laugh.gif
 that's not what this is tho.

He simply delayed his free agent tour for these next 2 seasons when he'll stand to make more anyway. 

:lol:  that's not what this is tho.

He simply delayed his free agent tour for these next 2 seasons when he'll stand to make more anyway. 

i just realized they essentially got rid of this last year of his contract and this new deal began immediately. That does make it different.

So, do you think he'll do this when he can opt out one year later? I don't buy this

Not being swooned by the league should be celebrated? idk man

This move makes a trade more possible now

celebrated? Only if you're an OKC fan. They won't be hanging off a cliff for this season.

But i can respect what he did, even if it means he's getting more money.

It can be a little bit of both..

If Russ wanted out so badly, he wouldn't have signed the extension.. even if it meant giving up more money with his max contract. But he signed and gave OKC some relief and set himself up for more money down the line. 

Win-Win.

Although it crushes my insane dreams of Russ being in New York.

It can be a little bit of both..

If Russ wanted out so badly, he wouldn't have signed the extension.. even if it meant giving up more money with his max contract. But he signed and gave OKC some relief and set himself up for more money down the line. 

Win-Win.

Although it crushes my insane dreams of Russ being in New York.
Exactly

This is good for both sides. He's giving OKC a little more time to show him something

lets see him sign a long term ,4-5 year deal before we can say he really wants to be in okc , and thats rare and he dont care about winning as much as he cares about wanting  to be in okc. 

Last edited:
The NBA is close to deal with New Orleans officials to move the 2017 All-Star Game to the city, ESPN has confirmed. The game is scheduled to take place on Feb. 19, 2017. A formal announcement is expected to take place next week, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate, which first reported the story. – via ESPN

i am thoroughly perplexed by a majority of NT. yall are enamored by westbrook because he's "Alpha" yet when his hero ball/alpha style of play results in him taking ill-advised jumpers and going one on 5 in the playoffs it upsets you

i guess he's the alpha and the omega for okc

Last edited:

Blake taking a shot at Tennessee. Not looking good for BHZ :nerd:

i am thoroughly perplexed by a majority of NT. yall are enamored by westbrook because he's "Alpha" yet when his hero ball/alpha style of play results in him taking ill-advised jumpers and going one on 5 in the playoffs it upsets you

The people that buy into this alpha nonsense thoroughly enjoy those stupid *** shots Russ takes. It's the other group that criticizes him for those ridiculous shots.

Last edited:
i don't see a problem with that. He really seemed out the door just a few days ago.
people assumed that though..

cause to his credit, dude has kept quiet on all of this stuff going on.. the only seemingly reliable thing reported from sources supposedly close to him, was that he didn't want to be traded this year

My favorite Russ was the Russ from 2 seasons ago when Durant was injured. You knew he was gonna put on a show and rack up the Points, FGAs, rebounds, assists, and at the end you knew your team was still gonna rack up a W. It was win-win.

Long live the large lizard.

Last edited:
Russ is still leaving its just delayed a couple years until he gets the big big bucks. Now I get it.

My favorite Russ was the Russ from 2 seasons ago when Durant was injured. You knew he was gonna put on a show and rack up the Points, FGAs, rebounds, assists, and at the end you knew your team was still gonna rack up a W. It was win-win.

you going to love this upcoming season then. 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/04/russell-westbrook-new-contract-dinner-with-family/

i think we see a russ that will put up some eyepopping numbers this season. some nights will be :x but for the most part he is going to put up stats. think they can still be a 5-8 seed in the west.

as a w's fan, i still say the thunder had a good chance of knocking the w's off the upcoming yr if KD returned and it would have been a nice ongoing rivalry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom