2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

:pimp: Russ

Its really a win/win for both sides if Rus does decide he wants to be traded. OKC can still get quite the deal for him considering he'll be locked in an 2 years + the option. He sustained his value rather than going into the season with no real leverage if he didn't sign the extension. If Russ is traded, he can play out the 17-18 season and opt out after that if he's not happy.

It's a new era for the Thunder, a good time to change up their entire branding. Logo, Jersey, Mascot, court, the whole nine yards. They should do themselves a favor and try to differentiate themselves from Tide.

SOMETHING needs to change.

Another thing I wonder now is how OKC will play. Will they still be iso heavy with just Russ? Or are they going to play more team ball?

I really wasn't expecting him to sign the extension. He da real mvp. Hope they make noise in the playoffs like Portland did last year when they lost Aldridge. Russ for mvp. I'm gonna place a little bet on it if the odds are good

Russ gets my respek for this
It's a ONE yr extension w/ a pay raise :lol:

Dudes acting like he committed the next 6 years to OKC.

He just delayed his free agency by 1 offseason so that he can be a 10 yr vet when he signs his long-term deal.

They already had him for this year, now they have him for the year after, then he'll opt out when he's a 10 yr vet and can sign for baseball money.

If you like him/didn't like him this move shouldn't move the needle either way.

Last edited:
It's a new era for the Thunder, a good time to change up their entire branding. Logo, Jersey, Mascot, court, the whole nine yards. They should do themselves a favor and try to differentiate themselves from Tide.

SOMETHING needs to change.

Another thing I wonder now is how OKC will play. Will they still be iso heavy with just Russ? Or are they going to play more team ball?
The spacing is going to be a struggle with Adams, Roberson and Oldaipo next to him. They'll need to start Ilyasova or another small (Abrines? Singler?).

Last edited:
Looking forward to the presser later today and Durant's response when he gets asked about it.
F' Durant, F' draymond, F' the warriors as a team, organization and a MF' crew

and if you want to be down with the warriors, F' you too!

steph curry, F' you too!

all you MFers', f' you too!
think Durant knows that tupac had beef with jay-z?

I mean he is represented by roc nation.. and then you got the tattoo 

The spacing is going to be a struggle with Adams, Roberson and Oldaipo next to him. They'll need to start Ilyasova or another small (Abrines? Singler?).
granted we've never seen him play in the NBA, but might be best to start abrines at the 3 with IIyasova at the 4 or kanter

but they could play matchups and even start Roberson at the 4 on some nights

granted we've never seen him play in the NBA, but might be best to start abrines at the 3 with IIyasova at the 4 or kanter

If Abrines is the goods, I would start Roberson at PF.

Definitely not the scenario I envisioned since I thought Presti would pull that trade trigger before the season opener, but do y'all realize he's basically adding one year to his current deal? I think people hear the word "extension" and get it twisted. It's not some long-term commitment that takes him through all his prime years. It is, however, a move that makes sense for both sides in terms of how its structured. This is kind of like Harden's extension, but one year shorter.

OKC fans should definitely feel much better today and less skressed out though.

If Abrines is the goods, I would start Roberson at PF.
I definitely see him getting a ton of mins at both forward spots.. like kanter seeing mins at both PF and C

no clue what is going on with mitch (since he showed flashes 2 seasons ago and then the summer league following it, but then didn't do much of anything last season.. but he was good again in summer league).. and then there is sabonis (who hopefully comes along quickly, so kanter could be moved and open space for blake)

but would be good to have payne, Roberson and kanter as guys off the bench

Last edited:
Saw this coming a mile away.

Westbrook is the anti-KD in the public eye and he's also in the same space Kobe was in when Shaq left. I don't buy for a second that he DIDN'T want the chance to be the undisputed leader of not just any team, but this team. I'm expecting OKC to be this year's Blazers and unexpectedly land a top 4 seed. And of course the NBA is going to try to force that GSW/OKC rivalry for the years to come. Imagine the ratings if those 2 teams square off in the conference finals. Especially if they land Blake.

Russ gets my respek for this
It's a ONE yr extension w/ a pay raise
laugh.gif

Dudes acting like he committed the next 6 years to OKC.

He just delayed his free agency by 1 offseason so that he can be a 10 yr vet when he signs his long-term deal.

They already had him for this year, now they have him for the year after, then he'll opt out when he's a 10 yr vet and can sign for baseball money.

If you like him/didn't like him this move shouldn't move the needle either way.
**** I didn't see this 'til now.
laugh.gif
I kept reading everyone's responses and had the same thoughts.

Also, definitely agree w/ your last sentence. I have no clue why this news would drastically alter someone's opinion of Russ. That seems kind of silly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom