2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

extremely impressed Russ signed right now. My opinion on who he is changed completely.

statue being worked on right now by OKC

It shouldn't.. It was purely a financially smart move.

It's really only a 1 year extension.

What it does is bump up his salary in 2016-17 up $8.7mil from $17.8 to $26.5mil.

The second year he will earn about $28.48mil, which is about $2-3mil less than he would have gotten if he went into Free Agency next year as a 30% max

He then can opt out in 2018, and become eligible for 35% max deal, rather than the 30% max he could get in 2017.

So Russell by doing an extension, gets $5mil more dollars over the next 2 years, and places himself in a 35% max for FA as opposed to 30% max

I wouldn't go crowning him yet

Last edited:

What it does is bump up his salary in 2016-17 up $8.7mil from $17.8 to $26.5mil.

The second year he will earn about $28.48mil, which is about $2-3mil less than he would have gotten if he went into Free Agency next year as a 30% max

He then can opt out in 2018, and become eligible for 35% max deal, rather than the 30% max he could get in 2017.

So Russell by doing an extension, gets $5mil more dollars over the next 2 years, and places himself in a 35% max for FA as opposed to 30% max

Yeah it is more a benefit for Russ but he also is giving OKC more time to build around him so you gotta give him credit for that... and i know you aint throwing stones at him at all since i know you rock with the brodie... srs

Just because you have numbers that say it isn't a bad move doesn't mean you have any evidence of it being a purely financial decision.

So don't "uncrown him" either

Yeah it is more a benefit for Russ but he also is giving OKC more time to build around him so you gotta give him credit for that... and i know you aint throwing stones at him at all since i know you rock with the brodie... srs

Nah no shots at all to him.

It's the smartest play. He sets himself up for the most money he could make, and only sacrifices one year. OKC still a decent team, so there's no downside for staying 1 extra season.

You can say it benefits him financially, but A star like russ can make up the money in endorsements and shoe deal pretty easily. Still, really surprised he is staying in okc and not dragging it out.

They erecting his statue first

Last edited:

Good breakdown.

They're gonna make a ninja turtle statue. Let's get it Russ. Good **** bro

:lol:

but i'm super surprised Russy decided to stay. I'm floored. This was obviously a financial move but being a free agent in 2018. Russell is loyal to a fault. With this being said. GSW gonna blow the hell out of OKC on national TV. It's gonna be ugly.

I knew Westbrook would take OKC money instead of going to the Lakers!!

tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo10_r2_250.gif

The Alpha in Russ is showing here. I truly believe that he thinks he can bring a championship to OKC. He wants to show the world that the Beta was the one holding them back.
While I agree, this never works.

This is not even CLOSE to the first time a team has been 'That superhero... and some other rec league all stars', and it has never ended too well.

A guy THINKING he can win a championship is great and all, but...

Last edited:
The Alpha in Russ is showing here. I truly believe that he thinks he can bring a championship to OKC. He wants to show the world that the Beta was the one holding them back.
pimp.gif

No truer words have been spoken. Russ was never a Beta. Durant is, was and will forever be ***** made and an f boy.
nthat.gif

You can say it benefits him financially, but A star like russ can make up the money in endorsements and shoe deal pretty easily. Still, really surprised he is staying in okc and not dragging it out.

You always been one (not many) of the most level headed Warrior fans

The narrative that will be built around this :lol:

I was wrong about this though, really didn't think this would stay.

Last edited:
Some real Wild ish being posted in here.
RW0

View media item 2122659
Happy for him, OKC fans and the OKC organization

:pimp:
My man

I'm also surprised but....what this tells me is what you hinted at. We're talking a few more million he made. If he didn't think OKC was the best place for him, the extra 5mill he just picked up isn't pushing him over the edge.
He knows what time it is.

Top 5 back court.
Top Front court.

OKC will be right in the thick of things out WEST, and Westbrook sees it the same

Right right.

[thread="650415"]okc is trash the way theyre constructed. i dont get this move by russy basketball wise. business wise good for him getting paid.[/thread]
I would disagree. OKC has 2 seed potential bruh. TWO. Trash constructed my sass

I knew Westbrook would take OKC money instead of going to the Lakers!!

tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo10_r2_250.gif

He didn't "take the money though.
He took OKC.
Who knows his reason but as you've all said and majority say, it's a crap place to live right....? If it's so crap, and he only makes a few more million....he must see the potential to win, still.....or he'd be gone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom