2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Russ gonna put up godly numbers only for the team to go nowhere and then enter free agency in 2018 instead of '17 for the big bucks. But wooooooo extension he a real one! Beta, Alpha, Omega, Epsilon!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The NT way to sarcastically doenplay things. Once KD left for GSW, it was a done deal that Russ was NOT extending and would be leaving after this season. Now that he's extended, it's well he's only going to end up leaving a year later :smh:

The NT way to sarcastically doenplay things. Once KD left for GSW, it was a done deal that Russ was NOT extending and would be leaving after this season. Now that he's extended, it's well he's only going to end up leaving a year later
mean.gif
why trade for him when you can get him for free next year, we all know he's leaving

Westbrook just saved the entire city/state of Oklahoma with that extension. I gained alot of respect for him with that move.

Lakers better pray one of their prospects turns into a superstar because at this point no one is going there.

Russ said F needing to be recruited and getting free dinners just to tell me how great i am. And he didn't leave the entire org and city wondering what's going to happen.

Respek

Last edited:
It's a ONE yr extension w/ a pay raise :lol:

Dudes acting like he committed the next 6 years to OKC.

He just delayed his free agency by 1 offseason so that he can be a 10 yr vet when he signs his long-term deal.

They already had him for this year, now they have him for the year after, then he'll opt out when he's a 10 yr vet and can sign for baseball money.

If you like him/didn't like him this move shouldn't move the needle either way.
NT hyping this move cuz they dislike Durants decision

Nt don't like reading between the lines

It's a ONE yr extension w/ a pay raise
laugh.gif

Dudes acting like he committed the next 6 years to OKC.

He just delayed his free agency by 1 offseason so that he can be a 10 yr vet when he signs his long-term deal.

They already had him for this year, now they have him for the year after, then he'll opt out when he's a 10 yr vet and can sign for baseball money.

If you like him/didn't like him this move shouldn't move the needle either way.
roll.gif

on point. 

It's a renogtiate and extend, he gets an extra $8M this year, then two additional two years for the remaining money. But there is an opt out after the 2017-18 season.

I guess you missed the part where most of the folks on here had westbrook out the door on the first thing smoking next summer
Yeah, I sure did 
eyes.gif

This move could just be delaying the inevitable. Look, I'm not rooting for Russ to leave, I'm just saying Russ shouldn't hailed or celebrated as some kind of hero for this one year extension

This move means very little in terms of his intentions to stay. He's giving them a window, a small window, to prove they can put together a team

Last edited:
Yeah, I sure did :rolleyes

This move could just be delaying the inevitable. Look, I'm not rooting for Russ to leave, I'm just saying Russ shouldn't hailed or celebrated as some kind of hero for this one year extension

This move means very little in terms of his intentions to stay. He's giving them a window, a small window, to prove they can put together a team

I think the whole point is Russ could have waited until the season was over and interviewed with prospective teams like most players do. That part of his ego didn't need stroking.

Its extremely rare for stars to do what he just did, especially with the circumstances surrounding his current roster. Its already being said for basketball purposes, it may not have been the best decision.

you mean '17-'18 season?

I know this made your day being someone who didn't want him on your Lakers
yup .... so instead of being a free agent after next season , he;ll become one the year after that.

yeah , all the delusional laker fans can cut it out now. he never made sense. its was stupid to even put scenarios with him coming here but laker fans think everybody wants to come here before we actually have a respectable team put together. 

Last edited:
I think the whole point is Russ could have waited until the season was over and interviewed with prospective teams like most players do. That part of his ego didn't need stroking.

Its extremely rare for stars to do what he just did, especially with the circumstances surrounding his current roster. Its already being said for basketball purposes, it may not have been the best decision.
He stands to earn more going into FA as a 10 year vet.

He made a money move...that's not rare.

This gives OKC more time to figure things out + trade him with more leverage if necessary.

Russ is definitely about that money. This was the move to get the biggest contract possible.

He stands to earn more going into FA as a 10 year vet.

He made a money move...that's not rare.

thats what the stars do though. Of course its money. But it would have been the same thing had he waited, correct? Thats my point. Players give teams interview just to be told how great they are. He said forget all that nonsense. I want to be here, lets get it done.

thats what the stars do though. Of course its money. But it would have been the same thing had he waited, correct? Thats my point. Players give teams interview just to be told how great they are. He said forget all that nonsense. I want to be here, lets get it done.
he'll still do that just in two years. instead of one.    

Last edited:
This isn't like when shaq got traded and the Lakers re-signed Kobe. This is like when the magic extended dwight.

So, do you think he'll do this when he can opt out one year later? I don't buy this

Not being swooned by the league should be celebrated? idk man

This move makes a trade more possible now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom