2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Analytics go hand in hand with the eye test though. I don't understand why people are so dismissive towards analytics. I don't know who's actually using analytics to back up a claim or come to a conclusion w/o using the eye test as well. 

This is obvious to anyone that thinks about it for more than 2 seconds. Not even worth arguing with the other crowd anymore.

O9QyE.gif

You'd win about 3 years sooner
You wouldn't lose in the finals to a less talented team
You'd have better accolades/numbers
Numbers, Accolades, or Rings don't tell the entire story. You kind of just said this. Context matters. For Lebron to be as close to Jordan as he is statistically when he's playing against better competition matters. The league being diluted due to expansion w/Jordan matters.

Statistically they aren't that far apart at all. Regardless, there's nowhere the Jordan/Lebron conversation can go if you look at those two and think there's a large gap between the two players then I mean, it is what it is i'm not going to change your mind.

I don't see the gap between prime jordan and Lebron when you talk about their ability as playmakers, defenders, efficiency, skill, hell prime Lebron was at 27 to 30 ppg w/efficient splits so even as a scorer Bron is there, I mean wherever you wanna take it. 

I just can't see the big difference between starting your team w/ Prime bron over jordan. 

All because of Jordan?

Jackson, Pippen, Rodman,Grant don't factor in?

The adding of 6 expansion franchises during Jordan's prime didn't factor in?

Just Jordan kicking **** and taking names.

Numbers, Accolades, or Rings don't tell the entire story. You kind of just said this. Context matters. For Lebron to be as close to Jordan as he is statistically when he's playing against better competition matters. The league being diluted due to expansion w/Jordan matters.

Statistically they aren't that far apart at all. Regardless, there's nowhere the Jordan/Lebron conversation can go if you look at those two and think there's a large gap between the two players then I mean, it is what it is i'm not going to change your mind.

I don't see the gap between prime jordan and Lebron when you talk about their ability as playmakers, defenders, efficiency, skill, hell prime Lebron was at 27 to 30 ppg w/efficient splits so even as a scorer Bron is there, I mean wherever you wanna take it. 
The current Brooklyn Nets, Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers have expansion level talent IMO 
laugh.gif

All because of Jordan?

Jackson, Pippen, Rodman,Grant don't factor in?

The adding of 6 expansion franchises during Jordan's prime didn't factor in?

Just Jordan kicking **** and taking names.

I mean the East being trash for Bron's entire career basically doesn't factor in? It's basically been an expansion league type conference since he came in. The boatload of talent is concentrated in the opposite conference. That wasn't the case at all when MJ was in his heyday.

I mean the East being trash for Bron's entire career basically doesn't factor in? It's basically been an expansion league type conference since he came in. The boatload of talent is concentrated in the opposite conference. That wasn't the case at all when MJ was in his heyday.
Stop talking out your ***.

I hate when people bring up expansion teams like they were who the bulls were facing in the finals.

Yeah the measly amount of games played against the grizz and raptors really helped boost his stats.

You remove the games he played against expansion teams and his performance is still otherworldly.

There always have been sucky teams in the league. Bringing them up is pointless.

Except for when discsussing Bron. East is weak. He sucks, **** him, etc. etc.

Last edited:
I would love for a poll of NBA greats (Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, KG, Barkley, Ewing) to choose between MJ or Bron.

The NT hottakes would be CRAZY!!! 

I would love for a poll of NBA greats (Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, KG, Barkley, Ewing) to choose between MJ or Bron.

The NT hottakes would be CRAZY!!! 

Thing is, for some of those OG's, rivaliries and hatred runs so deep, there's no way they'd pick MJ. Bad Boy pistons still hate him. I remember watching JB Smoove show earlier this year and Laimbeer was on there still throwing shade.

Bruh yall seen Kellz new shorty? she 19 years old of all fineness.

he still grimey af. but technically this one is legal. So I guess thats progress?

I believe correct numbers are 6 for Lebrons time

And 9 for Jordan's time.

Also the 20 percent expansion of NBA during Jordan's prime is signficant, especially since there wasn't a mass influx of foreign players yet.

bron still chasing kobe and magic ghosts. Blasphemy to even mention the city of Chicago yet. All the goats have 5 minimum. **** outta here.

If he had to be in the West, he might actually have been surrounded by real talent and a competent front office from the start.

The boatload of talent is concentrated in the opposite conference. That wasn't the case at all when MJ was in his heyday.

Go find a picture of the '92 Dream Team and you'll see a common theme. Or look at the All NBA teams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom