2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

is there a point in even watching games now with our eye? We should just go to basketball reference and get all our info from there.

Deal?

Jordan has a flawless finals resume.

I wish this board was around when GP hounded MJ into 6-19 shooting and 5-19 shooting with 5 turnovers in closeout games. The hot takes would've been amazing. Or when Paxson and Kerr hit their game-winners, since we see what the narrative is nowadays when role players contribute something.

The man was great, but he didn't walk on water. Let some people tell it, it's like he never had a subpar game.

Also, I'm sure the people who deify his 6-0 Finals record would've been cool with LeBron not getting to the Finals until age 28.

Last edited:
you think so? I think they learned alot from trying to get that record last season, and at the end of the day, it didn't mean anything.

I see a ton of rest coming for that team in April, beginning late March.

I dunno. Seems like they averaged pretty low minutes overall but those injuries down the stretch taxed everybody.

I'm surprised advanced stats hasn't come up in this Bron/MJ debate. Since that's allegedly what decides everything these days.

is there a point in even watching games now with our eye? We should just go to basketball reference and get all our info from there.

Deal?

Dudes completely lack context of the actual game of hoops when they rely on analytics. This aint mathletes

Per 36 tho :rofl:

Last edited:
The argument isn't about career or mythlogy.

It's about who would you start a team around.

Lebron has a strong argument vs Jordan.

Last edited:
^ You already know losing in the ECF is better than having a blemish on your Finals record.

Analytics go hand in hand with the eye test though. I don't understand why people are so dismissive towards analytics. I don't know who's actually using analytics to back up a claim or come to a conclusion w/o using the eye test as well. 

Nah Jordan got the highest Piss Efficiency Rating too. Pissed all over the league and pissed everybody else off

Back
Top Bottom