2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

MJ was better in every conceivable way outside of passing. It's not really close at all.
He could have been better at passing if he wanted.

He just would much rather trust Jordan, than be an elite passer.

You saw his ball camp, where he took away those kids chances of FREE Jordans mike making 191 shots in a row 
roll.gif
Passing and MJ just don't go together in an ELITE way, or he'd rule that category too over LBJ

Uh. Mike did 33/8/8 for an entire season.

Career Finals averages of 33/6/6 including 36/5/6.5 and 41/8.5/6 on 50%+ shooting in b2b years. The whole no losses in the Finals, MJ was better in every conceivable way outside of passing. It's not really close at all.
This

Isn't it crazy that Steph hasn't really gotten obliterated in media after the biggest choke job ? Imagine if Bron was in that predicament boys would slaughter him :smh:

i think he picked a good time to choke, with KD leaving and Lebron winning one for Cleveland.

He got a free pass.

Yep. Always liked Michelle. She's aged quite a bit but she still nice.

I dont take Marcellus seriously whatsoever. I sit near him at Clippers games and he's just a clown, a normal type of dude.

Max on FIrst Take is really showing his capabilities. I think SAS even respects the hell out of him.
Yea Marcellus seems like a cool hang, but I don't take his Sports opinions serious because he doesn't take them serious.

Max is making First Take respectable. 

I've followed him since the Delahoya/Mayweather fight. He can make anybody enjoy BOXING w/ his knowledge and passion.

Was geeked back in the day when he got the SN gig.

You saw his ball camp, where he took away those kids chances of FREE Jordans mike making 191 shots in a row :rofl: Passing and MJ just don't go together in an ELITE way, or he'd rule that category too over LBJ

Oh I agree he definitely had the gift similarly to Kobe, when they both wanted to they could be excellent floor generals, but that wasn't their primary role. It was to obliterate you through their offensive onslaughts. I will give Bron a slight vision edge that he's more Magic Johnson esque in that respect.

No need to debate MJ vs. Lebron.
its meaningless.

Yeah Marcellus is a clown. I don't pay attention to him. Suck that max is off the radio show now. I don't even tune in anymore.

Not the same without him and I'd rather hear him on the radio in the afternoons then on first take which I don't watch.

Last edited:
 MJ was better in every conceivable way outside of passing. It's not really close at all.

You saw his ball camp, where he took away those kids chances of FREE Jordans mike making 191 shots in a row :rofl: Passing and MJ just don't go together in an ELITE way, or he'd rule that category too over LBJ

kobe too.

if you can score at a level these guys can, you're actually hurting your team more by passing on those shots. bron can pile drive his way to the basket, but he sus outside of 6 feet. meh sauce.

He insists the Warriors are not the impetus, but he acknowledges that he rarely trains this hard this soon.

:lol: Those 4 guys in Kerr's system are keeping him up at night. He just doesn't wanna say it. But yea, next season he'll need to be better than he's ever been.

Uh. Mike did 33/8/8 for an entire season.

Career Finals averages of 33/6/6 including 36/5/6.5 and 41/8.5/6 on 50%+ shooting in b2b years. The whole no losses in the Finals, MJ was better in every conceivable way outside of passing. It's not really close at all.
Also Jordan is the only person in the modern NBA to have 3,000 points in a season. Prime Jordan is really unfair to compare to any one else. 
ITT: Losing in first or second round is better than losing in the Finals.
Lebby is a clown for saying that

Isn't it crazy that Steph hasn't really gotten obliterated in media after the biggest choke job ? Imagine if Bron was in that predicament boys would slaughter him 
mean.gif
Well Lebron did have the biggest statistical drop ever off from regular season to first 3 rounds to Finals in 2011.

Although they weren't up 3-1 in that series, the consensus seems to be that Steph was "choking" even with that series lead so it's a moot point.

My G....Jordan averaged like 35/8/8 one year and won DPOY and MVP.

You usually on point...but you may want to go and look back at how dominant Jordan was.

2011 would never happen to Mike.
And Lebron once averaged like 32 10 and 9 and brought a team back from 3-1 in the finals or whatever he did this past finals against a 73 win team. Look how Dominant LBJ is now. 

I'm not arguing for or against LBJ in relation to Jordan. What i'm insinuating is that there really isn't a big difference between the two, like if you start a team w/Prime LBJ over Jordan or Vice Versa it wouldn't be blasphemous or a big deal to me.
Yeah I think I'm done with Niketalk again, it was a wild hour while it lasted.

You could argue Bron vs Bird or Bron vs Magic, definitely no to Bron vs Mike though

Last edited:
And Lebron once averaged like 32 10 and 9 and brought a team back from 3-1 in the finals or whatever he did this past finals against a 73 win team. Look how Dominant LBJ is now. 

I'm not arguing for or against LBJ in relation to Jordan. What i'm insinuating is that there really isn't a big difference between the two, like if you start a team w/Prime LBJ over Jordan or Vice Versa it wouldn't be blasphemous or a big deal to me.

There is a very clear gap between Prime Michael Jordan...and Prime LeBron Jamss

It's not splitting hairs. And that's not to take anything away from Bron. But Jordan was on another playing field.

This just isn't true at all.

View media item 2120600View media item 2120601View media item 2120602View media item 2120608

Very clear gap, though. Not even close.

I'm surprised advanced stats hasn't come up in this Bron/MJ debate. Since that's allegedly what decides everything these days.

Why is it crazy to want Lebron over Jordan?

Prime Lebron was bigger, a more versatile defender, a better playmaker, easier to play with, more efficient, Better Rebounder, and while not as prolific as a scorer as Jordan was, was still hanging 27 to 30 ppg a night on awesome splits. 

Pretty much hairsplitting at this point.

nope you dead wrong

View media item 2120241

jordan an assassin

lebron a warrior

jordan 6-0

lebron 3-4

Wait for what, everyone knows he didn't play well in the 2011 Finals. If your massive gap is based on a handful of games, you got it I guess.

Last edited:
Wait for what, everyone knows he didn't play well in the 2011 Finals. If your massive gap is based on a handful of games, you got it I guess.

Didn't say massive. I said clear gap. Numbers truly don't tell the whole story.

Karl Malone has higher career W/S than Michael Jordan.

You wouldn't say there is a clear gap between those two players?

2011 is very important. Because it was a monumental failure in LeBron's prime. These things matter when discussing greats like this.

Jordan has a flawless finals resume. Lebron does not. That's enough for a "clear gap".

Back
Top Bottom