2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Jesus Christ.....

I was not saying there was anything wrong with him being gay. All I was doing was throwing it out there in the midst of him moving the ASG from Charlotte since the LGBT rights was a big part of that.

Are we through here? Or would somebody else like to ask me if I go to KKK meetings because I questioned the guy's sexuality?

we should let it die if you're not understanding why anyone is questioning your comment.

Some things just won't be understood, I guess.

why not move the nba team out of that city then. Sounds stupid to just move the asg. Nah miss me with that. People will watch sports no matter what. Keep politics out of it.
Yeah, that sounds like a simple fix doesn't it

It's a pr move to make a statement and a much easier thing to do than to uproot an entire franchise

Some guy affiliated with the Thunder SB Nation blog:
@AdamJosephSport per @WTLC sources, Russell Westbrook has shot down any idea of an extension with the Thunder. indicates he wants to test Free Agency.
From two days ago:
@AdamJosephSport per sources, Presti discussed Westbrook deals with several different teams (inc. SAS, MIL, LAL, BOS), but no middle ground was found.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that sounds like a simple fix doesn't it

It's a pr move to make a statement and a much easier thing to do than to uproot an entire franchise
which is the problem.  the nba is a sports league not a political party campaigning for office.  he just screwed over a whole city, a franchise and fans because he doesn't wanna help people he doesn't agree with make a profit.

Last edited:
^^^

The law would screw over more people than pulling the all star game out of the city will.

Man some of you dudes have no ethics :lol:. To each his own. I'm gonna go smoke this blunt and have unprotected sex with this chick I met off an online dating app. In the meantime yall should work on having some morals and standards. Good day

Last edited:
for real, the law is worst than Silvers decision.

Is this really that difficult to understand? At least he's saying 2019 is pending for Charlotte.

This was a no brainer.

Its a little selfish to say its a stupid move because it doesn't directly affect you. 90% of the stuff out there doesn't affect me, but since it does affect other HUMAN BEINGS, I'm usually all for the cause.

Man some of you dudes have no ethics :lol:. To each his own. I'm gonna go smoke this blunt and have unprotected sex with this chick I met off an online dating app. In the meantime yall should work on having some morals and standards. Good day

It was nice knowing you.

which is the problem.  the nba is a sports league not a political party campaigning for office.  he just screwed over a whole city, a franchise and fans because he doesn't wanna help people he doesn't agree with make a profit.
agreed. Keep politics out of sports. People will watch sports regardless. No need for taking stances on certain issues etc etc. Keep that ish out of sports. No need for it

Last edited:
as a non Laker fan, I'd prefer the lakers to get COusins.

I think he's an L wherever he goes. He'll learn late like Melo.

Cousins probably my most disliked player in the league.

Head is wasting his talent.

I understand it was a tough decision and could have went differently but not mad at all at the decision on Wade. They offered them all the money they could, jst not the years, etc. Team wise, I rather not be the Mavs but I understand that this can be bigger than that

Also worth noting that only 30 of that 50 is guaranteed, for Mavs anyhow

Last thing i'm gonna say about it in this thread is that politics and sports have always been apart of each other so dudes saying they shouldn't mix are asking for something thats never been the case its the way things are and will always be.

as a non Laker fan, I'd prefer the lakers to get COusins.

I think he's an L wherever he goes. He'll learn late like Melo.

Cousins probably my most disliked player in the league.

Head is wasting his talent.
not a DMC fan but I'm not a Russ fan either. I'd still rather have dmc. I hate Westbrook's game.

The nba is funded by its fanbase and is their biggest stakeholder

Getting out ahead of these hotbed issues is 101. Screwing their city is hedging for the potential consequences of holding their high profile weekend there

It's a real simple concept

Last edited:

Getting out ahead of these hotbed issues is 101. Screwing their city is hedging for the potential consequences of holding their high profile weekend there

not really . People will still watch and they won't lose money no matter what. These little acts and pr moves are pointless and unnecessary.

Last edited:

lol what potential consequences?  quit acting like people would be boycotting the nba all star weekend of all things if he hadnt already pulled it.  unless ur from nc i bet a good amount of u didnt even know about this law before the nba did this.

lol what potential consequences?  quit acting like people would be boycotting the nba all star weekend of all things if he hadnt already pulled it.  unless ur from nc i bet a good amount of u didnt even know about this law before the nba did this.
thank you. Acting like folks were going to start boycotting the nba or something. All this means nothing. It's nonsense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom