2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

@ESPNSteinLine Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavs have finalized his new contract, with Dallas upping the deal to $50 million over two years, league sources say.
Dwyane Wade rolling over in his designer clothes and accessories.
Damn. Wade gotta be pissed off all over again seeing that.

Dude came into the year in shape, played 75 games, led the team in scoring, 2nd in assists, had several huge performances in the playoffs and had to haggle with Pat for money
laugh.gif
DiligentCourageousHoneybadger.gif

At least Wade managed not to take a huge L on that, even if he had to leave the only team he ever played for. Riles spent all those years seeing D-Wade pump fakes on & off the court and thought he had it all figured out. Not this time, pops.

Better not see/hear nothinnnnnnng about "greed", "setting the franchise back", or any of that hogwash some of these idealistic peasant fans outchea be on.

tumblr_o1lxcdXRrg1sbxj8ao1_400.gif

Get ya money, Dirk.

And shout out to Cuban too for taking care of his guy at the end after constantly missing out on prize FA's. He kept his word, and I respect that.

That's @thekillerj23in that video pouring the Budlight on him and the homies head :rofl:

You're a wild one bruh, I'm too old now but I'd def roll with you if if was younger.

**** had my side hurting :rofl:

im surprised so many applaud the NBAs decision to move the ASG over a relatively minor issue, and something that definitely falls in the gray.

its not like they passed a law to discriminate. they simply passed a bill to reverse FORCING every school and business to allow opposite gender in bathrooms. While leaving the option for other accommodations. one can reasonably understand allowing mixed genders in bathrooms can lead to legitimate safety concerns.

i just think there are two reasonable sides to this argument. pablo torre made a great point about how proactive the nba is to expand in china, a country one can argue is oppressive.

im surprised so many applaud the NBAs decision to move the ASG over a relatively minor issue, and something that definitely falls in the gray.

its not like they passed a law to discriminate. they simply passed a bill to reverse FORCING every school and business to allow opposite gender in bathrooms. While leaving the option for other accommodations. one can reasonably understand allowing mixed genders in bathrooms can lead to legitimate safety concerns.

i just think there are two reasonable sides to this argument. pablo torre made a great point about how proactive the nba is to expand in china, a country one can argue is oppressive.

The law's sole purpose was to discriminate :lol:

Please read up on it... It's much bigger than bathrooms

The law is absolutely discriminatory, that's not up for debate.

i did read up on it, and perhaps what i read was completely biased.

if you have any info please share because id like to know exactly what it is then.

i did read up on it, and perhaps what i read was completely biased.

if you have any info please share because id like to know exactly what it is then.

I found this in less than 10 seconds. Please do research first before you give your opinions :lol:

"The act also prohibits municipalities in North Carolina from enacting anti-discrimination policies,[14] setting a local minimum wage, regulating child labor, or making certain regulations for city workers. The legislation also removes the statutory and common-law private right of action to enforce state anti-discrimination statutes in state courts."

The law would have allowed discrimination it wasn't a minor issue at all

i posted this the other day

I would like to point out that the law that was passed could have easily affected more than just people in the LGBT community because of what else they put in the law...

Quote:
The act also prohibits municipalities in North Carolina from enacting anti-discrimination policies,[14] setting a local minimum wage, regulating child labor, or making certain regulations for city workers. The legislation also removes the statutory and common-law private right of action to enforce state anti-discrimination statutes in state courts.[15] 
This part of the law could easily be used to discriminate against black people and other minority groups. I applaud Silver and the NBA for doing what he did.

good looks on the info, i read a few articles and the common issue that was posed was the regarding the bathroom segragation. language like that is damning as hell, so i def see the widsom behind it.

im glad i came on NT today :lol:

Damn. Wade gotta be pissed off all over again seeing that.

Dude came into the year in shape, played 75 games, led the team in scoring, 2nd in assists, had several huge performances in the playoffs and stilllll had to haggle with Pat over money
laugh.gif
rileys a scumbag always has been

Back
Top Bottom