2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

By the way that article that Royce Young wrote is tasteless and reeks of a scorned lover.

So many unnecessary jabs at KD's character, which epitomizes a lot of what I don't like about sports fans and journalist in 2016.

Trying to create these narratives about these players real lives based on soundbites and their on court skill / ability. It's silly, and perpetuates silly ideals surrounding the sport.

If KD decides to leave, why are you writing about him being impulsive, and bringing his personal decision to marry / not marry his wife based on what you deem as impulsive? If you're going to write about KD's decision, keep it about basketball man.

Royce Young is looking scum as hell right now.

I
for those cats wonderin where LeGM is :D

Keith BrittonVerified
‏@KeithBritton86
.@EthanJSkolnick on D-Wade possibility to Cleveland: "If LeBron wants it done, it will get done, for sure" #Cavs

View media item 2092106

hit it

what about what dwade wants? pretty sure he doesnt really care about playing with bron and if pat just paid him the money he wants, he'd stay in miami indefinitely. he's just acting like an emotional girlfriend right now. Getting drunk and flirting with your friends and ****, tryna make you jealous.

Like you really just gonna up and call him soft, impulsive, easily manipulated, and basically insinuate that he's a grown *** man that can't make decisions for himself? Really? 

People's attachment to sports brings out the worst man. It's bringing out the worst in that Royce character. 

Last edited:
Sad thing is a large amount of folks will think that Royce White article is "hard hitting". All it was was well worded gossip

It's not the worst thing in the world to tell people what they want to hear. Not everyone is wired the same. The writer was using this as the basis of why Durant should be criticized 

Last edited:

Sad thing is a large amount of folks will think that Royce White article is "hard hitting". All it was was well worded gossip

It's not the worst thing in the world to tell people what they want to hear. Not everyone is wired the same. The writer was using this as the basis of why Durant should be criticized 
i

Like you really just gonna up and call him soft, impulsive, easily manipulated, and basically insinuate that he's a grown *** man that can't make decisions for himself? Really? 

People's attachment to sports brings out the worst man. It's bringing out the worst in that Royce character. 

I will say that social media is kind of ruining sports.

And reporters these days :smh:

One of the worst aspects of the article was when he was referencing specifics as to the "impulsiveness" of Durant when he mentioned how KD proposed to his wife on a whim

Talk about below the belt

Shout out to Royce White. Always was pulling for dude. Having a panic disorder is no joke. I live with that so I feel for dude

One of the worst aspects of the article was when he was referencing specifics as to the "impulsiveness" of Durant when he mentioned how KD proposed to his wife on a whim

Talk about below the belt
Completely unprofessional and uncalled for. Sports fans and twitter have become so entitled due to how transparent the NBA (and sports as a whole / the world really) has become.

No matter how transparent the NBA becomes, you still don't know that man on that level to be publicly criticizing the way in which he goes about his decisions on freaking marriage. 

But hell, when you have people in this thread saying Durant can't fight, is soft, based on their expert analysis of KD from a TV screen, it kind of tells you where we're at in 2016 in regards to the sports fan, sports media, and the athlete.

He's made 90M's in his career, taking the minimum the two years of his career isn't the worst thing

90M's vs 108M's (and no chance at a title)

I'd take it that he wouldn't sleep as well knowing he didn't take the chance to play with SAS or GSW for a ring

18 mil is probably conservative. Al Jefferson just got 30 mil.

Obviously it's not the worst thing in the world and they've made plenty of money. Just makes me feel a way that these are probly their final big pay days in a time where GMs are making it rain money. Just hope that it's worth it.

I said it earlier but he was acting like a ***** all the way up to KD's announcement and now he's gone straight scorned lover mode.

That article is more embarrassing for him than it's supposed to be for KD. It's absolutely disgusting that someone is paying him to spout his ****.

Journalism died with Cronkite 
mean.gif

David West is out of control with it. We need Joe Johnson to teach these guys career management.
He's made 90M's in his career, taking the minimum the two years of his career isn't the worst thing

90M's vs 108M's (and no chance at a title)

I'd take it that he wouldn't sleep as well knowing he didn't take the chance to play with SAS or GSW for a ring

If he was able to save much of that 90 million then obviously losing 25 ain't going to hurt.

If he's like a lot of NBA players who don't know how to save worth a dime - some even living check to check - then his paycuts ain't a good look for him

I usually just assume nba players don't know how to control their spending but I'm a give West the benefit of the doubt. Two drastic pay cuts in a row. He's hungry for that ring :lol:

Last edited:
18 mil is probably conservative. Al Jefferson just got 30 mil.

Obviously it's not the worst thing in the world and they've made plenty of money. Just makes me feel a way that these are probly their final big pay days in a time where GMs are making it rain money. Just hope that it's worth it.
True, but how much money was West really going to command right now. Realistically

I understand last year with SAS turning down all that money, Indy was offering him big money

By the way that article that Royce Young wrote is tasteless and reeks of a scorned lover.

So many unnecessary jabs at KD's character, which epitomizes a lot of what I don't like about sports fans and journalist in 2016.

Trying to create these narratives about these players real lives based on soundbites and their on court skill / ability. It's silly, and perpetuates silly ideals surrounding the sport.

If KD decides to leave, why are you writing about him being impulsive, and bringing his personal decision to marry / not marry his wife based on what you deem as impulsive? If you're going to write about KD's decision, keep it about basketball man.

Royce Young is looking scum as hell right now.
This is nothing compared to the Lebby hate when he left Cleveland. Every media outlet, Skip Bayless, and every journalist took jabs at him to increase popularity and forced the villain role on him, bc of the way it was announced. Talked about his manhood, family, and hairline all to gain attention. No matter how you leave, biased sport writers are going to take a side. Stephen A. looked like Skip taking jabs at KD. SAS has always been KDs Skip, constantly criticizing him. KD is a star of the highest magnitude, if he's tired of coming 2nd to Lebby, he's going to have to go through hard times just like he did. He shouldn't get a pass from unnecessary criticism bc all great athletes get talked about in manners like that. Sports is hypocritical. To be an all time great you will have to be a villain once and be taunted. I don't feel bad for KD but i support him. He just has to shut up and win and silence critics. 

He's getting so many props for the article too from respected guys. Pretty embarrassing all around. Writer seemed like a scumbag from what I knew about him before though.

Is there any chance Cavs (Lebron) trades Kyrie for Chris Paul? He's on the last year of his deal and with Westbrook almost sure to be traded maybe Clippers look to trade Paul if there's any sense he's not going to re-sign to get something rather than nothing

Is there any chance Cavs (Lebron) trades Kyrie for Chris Paul? He's on the last year of his deal and with Westbrook almost sure to be traded maybe Clippers look to trade Paul if there's any sense he's not going to re-sign to get something rather than nothing
Come on breh

Shout out to Royce White. Always was pulling for dude. Having a panic disorder is no joke. I live with that so I feel for dude

me too. I use to be disappointed with him for having an illness i thought was insignificant until i researched it. its no joke. like dude legit want to ruin his career? No.

hope you got that in check Blackmanta.

[thread="650415"] [/thread]
Always been fake tough.
:rofl:
You read that article with a smile, didn't you:tongue:

It didn't do KD any favors, that's for damn sure. Makes him look like a "cry baby"

But there was always concern of Durant being persuaded -- that outside forces would sway him. Those close to him talk about how he's impressionable and impulsive, and the moment Durant agreed to meetings in the Hamptons, his future hung in the balance. In reality, he had one foot out the door.

makes him sound mentally weak af. As a grown man, you aint tryna be considered impressionable. You want to leave the impression. Son like a teenager. But you 27.

no chance that kyrie gets traded. 

Back
Top Bottom