2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

datznasty datznasty I was wondering about you yesterday....

I have no clue where to look, assuming you wrote something, but did you type up anything here in the thread about your feelings on KD's move to GS? I'd love to read it over...
Nah man, right now at work is the first time I have been on a computer since. I can. I can be realistic (might squeak out a bottom playoff seed with Russ/Adams/Dipo, have to trade Russ if he isn't going to resign and see if you can get a list of teams he would resign with to greater increase his value but you're going to lose that trade regardless), hateriffic (at least when LeBron did the decision we got to look into his eyes rather than the ***** boy move of having your publicist write a letter for you), IDK whatever tone. Ultimately, whatever. Now I'm glad I got out of my season ticket at ovetr $3,000 a season because those prices are about to PLUMMET. Russ/Vic/Kyle/Ersan/Adams :x And our (lack of) shooting. OMG!

@iLLoQuent aka DSK had a great point he made a while back. I think we all should have seen the writing on the wall. If it was as simple as saying you're going to re-up w/ the Thunder, you would have never made it known that you'll announce your decision on The Players' Tribune.

I really feel for you guys in OKC. I didn't see this coming from KD. I was almost certain he would sign a one year extension and then figure out what his next move was going to be when Russ also hit FA. Now Westbrook's future is up in the air. Run the risk of losing him and getting nothing in return if he goes via FA, or trade him and get MULTIPLE assets back in return that can help with the re-tooling (not rebuilding) process.

Awful situation for the Thunder...one of which I can envision the Wizards going through in 2019 with Wall.

I mentioned this in the Wizards team thread that the silver-lining in all of this will HOPEFULLY be a wake up call for the Wizards front office. Loyalty is something that matters a lot to GMs and fans. Players are wired differently. Wizards better do all they can to maximize the next 3 seasons of having Wall here in DC, or we run the serious risk of losing him to another team when his contract is up.

At the end of the day KD did what was best for him. I respect him for that ( always have, just seems like a humble dude). People can call him a coward, weak, lazy, a h*o, and a b***h all they want, but he and the warriors are gonna thrive at the end of the day. 

The Mavs have a decent regular season starting 5, not great, but if Wes and Deron can return to form, they might squeak into that 6th spot out there

The Mavs have a decent regular season starting 5, not great, but if Wes and Deron can return to form, they might squeak into that 6th spot out there

I was thinking the same. I am just not a fan of HB. Hes gonna have to be the star of that team.

The pressure will get to them. The season will be a failure again for GS if they don't win a chip..

Except for the year the Warriors won right?

uh no, curry was being locked up then too. he didn't get finals mvp, that says something about the defense one him again.
the only reason the warriors won then was because 2 stars, Kyrie and Love were injured and not playing. SO that "except for the year the warriors won" is void

this silly narrative of delly locking up steph needs to stop. people are either extremely biased or lack visual processing and comprehension skills. steph had a terrible game 3 and pedestrian game 4, but 5 and 6 he was locked up? avg 26/6 is considered being locked up? :lol:

iggy won MVP because of the amazing defende he played on bron and ability to facilitate on offense when necessary. aint even mad as him winning mvp doesn't take away from steph's play. i dont get it, y'all hate hero ball but then call a player beta-like when he plays teamball

this silly narrative of delly locking up steph needs to stop. people are either extremely biased or lack visual processing and comprehension skills. steph had a terrible game 3 and pedestrian game 4, but 5 and 6 he was locked up? avg 26/6 is considered being locked up? :lol:

iggy won MVP because of the amazing defende he played on bron and ability to facilitate on offense when necessary. aint even mad as him winning mvp doesn't take away from steph's play. i dont get it, y'all hate hero ball but then call a player beta-like when he plays teamball

Easy now. That's a 40 million dollar narrative you're talking about :lol:

I was thinking the same. I am just not a fan of HB. Hes gonna have to be the star of that team.

He needs to be in the gym right now, just shooting, not running plays with Team USA ( his spot should've went to someone else), just shooting.

They just got Zaza for 3mil.

More than anything, going all the way back to 2012 (obviously Russ being the only player from that core run here, even RJ gone [Nick washed, he doesn't count]), this team and a lot ofus fans, just took for granted a championship and that even if they kind of trick one off like they did that finals and don't maximize the experience, we got it next time, we'll always be here. Then life comes at you fast. I mean look at this starting lineup (guessing on Adams vs Illyasova and Singler vs Roberson)
Russell Westbrook
Victor Oladipo
Kyle Singler
Ersan Illayasova
Steven Adams

More than anything, going all the way back to 2012 (obviously Russ being the only player from that core run here, even RJ gone [Nick washed, he doesn't count]), this team and a lot ofus fans, just took for granted a championship and that even if they kind of trick one off like they did that finals and don't maximize the experience, we got it next time, we'll always be here. Then life comes at you fast. I mean look at this starting lineup (guessing on Adams vs Illyasova and Singler vs Roberson)
Russell Westbrook
Victor Oladipo
Kyle Singler
Ersan Illayasova
Steven Adams

I mean, on the bright side, Russ gonna average 63ppg next season.

The warriors still have Livingston and Iggy off the bench

If they can resign barbosa it won't be too bad. They have to go old IMO to sure up the bench

The only great loss is night

Watch David west sign with them for peanuts lil

Russell Westbrook
Victor Oladipo
Kyle Singler
Ersan Illayasova
Steven Adams
you guys should cherish every moment you have with russ in the up coming season. 

I don't think he comes back. 

Last edited:
People really don't appreciate bench depth. Golden State is giving up a lot to get Durant. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same. I'm saying it might not be as easy as people are forecasting..

Players and their agents are hitting up the Warriors begging to sign them for the minimum to be apart of that team and the only notable bench player I could think of them actually losing is Ezeli....who provided nothing to them in the Finals.

God damn the hate is just spewing through the veins of so many people in here. Just trying to throw anything out there that could make the Warriors sound bad.

They wouldn't be losing Barbosa or Speights?

Back
Top Bottom