2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

giphy.gif

You CANNOT double this Dubs team. They shut down Curry yes but there is no team that is capable of shutting down Curry, Klay, and DURANT in a 7 game series. Its just not happening. With Dray's playmaking? If they stay healthy and figure it out during the first half of the season they WILL be champs next year.

The Cavs will do it again.

Curry and Durant fold whenever they see Lebron on the court in the play offs

Its more interesting who can come out of the East, still probably the Cavs but maybe its the NY in me to think we have a chance. :lol:

Knicks can make it to ECF.

It'll be interesting to see how their offense changes. Hard to imagine them putting KD in the Harrison Barnes role :lol: (which may happen at times)

I don't expect them to get off to as hot of a start as last season. A few growing pains, not only with adding KD but losing other players in their rotation. Bringing in more new faces will cause a few growing pains.

Any team that trades for Westbrook has the leverage cuz OKC is in bad situation. A team can tell them take what we give you or lose him for nothing.

We shouldn't give up DLo or Ingram.

You CANNOT double this Dubs team. They shut down Curry yes but there is no team that is capable of shutting down Curry, Klay, and DURANT in a 7 game series. Its just not happening. With Dray's playmaking? If they stay healthy and figure it out during the first half of the season they WILL be champs next year.

The Cavs will do it again.

Curry and Durant fold whenever they see Lebron on the court in the play offs

:lol: Cavs ain't ******* with this squad. They need to worry about their own conference first.

It'll be interesting to see how their offense changes. Hard to imagine them putting KD in the Harrison Barnes role :lol: (which may happen at times)

I don't expect them to get off to as hot of a start as last season. A few growing pains, not only with adding KD but losing other players in their rotation. Bringing in more new faces will cause a few growing pains.

Thats a given but if this team can click, its legit scary. Ball movement will be their bread and butter, and if they need hero ball they have 3 options.

What the Warriors need to stop, and they acrually may do it more now since they have Durant, is stupid unnecessary passes. Watch them get too carried away and do dumb passes like that Curry out of bounds pass.

Now that it's finally settling in...

This **** just doesn't sit right with me. *shrugs* Yesterday, I was really intrigued. Right now it's more like I don't give a **** because what's the purpose? I'm sure I'll be intrigued again to see how it works by the time games start being played. I'm not sure I'll ever really mess with it though. I don't know.

What hasn't changed since my first thoughts after I heard the news is mf'ing basketball guru genius savant Joe Lacob's "light-years ahead" comment coming to fruition.
mean.gif
I detest that part of all this new ****. He called it. He's gonna pop off even more and take credit for a whole bunch of other things he shouldn't lay claim to. Can't tell him nothin' now. SMH.

I wanted KD to go to another team, any other team really, for the intrigue. Now no good interest, for me at least.

Except for the year the Warriors won right?

uh no, curry was being locked up then too. he didn't get finals mvp, that says something about the defense one him again.
the only reason the warriors won then was because 2 stars, Kyrie and Love were injured and not playing. SO that "except for the year the warriors won" is void

LeBron going to Boston in 2010 isn't a good analogy because the Celtics were too old. It would've been a good analogy if KG, Pierce and Ray were 5 years younger each.

LeBron went to Miami in an attempt to create a super team.
These Warriors are a super team to begin with, and now they are adding a top 3 player in the league still in his prime on top of this super team. It doesn't even remotely compare to 2010, nor anything else in NBA history for that matter.

You can focus on "the decision", i.e. how LeBron joined Miami, which we can all agree was a ***** move. But the way he left still doesn't make the 2010-11 Miami Heat nearly as overpowered as the 2016-17 Golden State Warriors will be.

It is a very good analogy actually cause Boston whooped up those Lebron Cavs teams for years, and even as they got older, they were still winning.

I'm going to be that guy and say that this was already known to happen. It's the reason the NBA had Cavs win the championship.

If Warriors won the championship and added Kd the simple question would be, "why?" They would've been 73-9 AND championship winners. But with Warriors losing it takes some sting out of the move. In losing they have "room to improve".

So yes, I do believe the only reason Warriors lost the finals was to get Kd and win even more championships long term.

:lol: Cavs ain't ******* with this squad. They need to worry about their own conference first.

LOL yea, just like the Cavs weren't ********* to last season Warriors squad, LMAOOOOOOO!!
and worry about the their own conference? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rofl:

NOW THAT ONE IS FUNNY

uh no, curry was being locked up then too. he didn't get finals mvp, that says something about the defense one him again.
the only reason the warriors won then was because 2 stars, Kyrie and Love were injured and not playing. SO that "except for the year the warriors won" is void

Steph averaged 26points 5 Rebs 6 assist a game. How is that being locked up :lol:

Only reason why I added stats is because Bron fans love throwing stats out there to support their arguments

LOL yea, just like the Cavs weren't ********* to last season Warriors squad, LMAOOOOOOO!!
and worry about the their own conference? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Steph averaged 26points 5 Rebs 6 assist a game. How is that being locked up :lol:

Only reason why I added stats is because Bron fans love throwing stats out there to support their arguments

yet there were games where people were watching Delly lock him up.

and the superstar of the team didnt even get finals mvp, a bench player did. that tells you a lot. Lebron played better than curry did, and his team didn't even win. lol

and worry about the their own conference? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
yet there were games where people were watching Delly lock him up.

and the superstar of the team didnt even get finals mvp, a bench player did. that tells you a lot. Lebron played better than curry did, and his team didn't even win. lol

So he played great and still lost. Moral victories don't equal rings

Back
Top Bottom