2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

for adding a top 5 player, they're only going to be marginally better. only one ball on the court and they already have multiple 3 point shooters. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but i don't think kd's percentages are any different than what they have.

they'd be better off if they had traded for a legit pg. or a great role player.

this is like adding drexler to the bulls instead of rodman.

or drafting 3 top QBs on your fantasy team.

Nah

This is like if the Bulls already had Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and all their great role players and then added whoever was the next best player in the league on top of that.

And the drafting 3 top QB's in fantasy is the dumbest comparison I've ever heard. You can only play one QB in that....these guys will all play together.

You guys aren't going to see how KD makes the Warriors better until the finals. KD is going to make Curry a lot better in the playoffs and vice versa. You don't see how the Cavs were defending Curry? They just load up on him and force others to make plays. Now instead of loading up on Curry, they'll just be forced to switch like everyone else does. Cavs don't have the personnel to switch everything like the Thunder does (did)

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes was like 2-28 at one point in this past Finals.

They're replacing that guy with Kevin Durant and some of you don't think they'll be any better :lol:

They're replacing that guy with Kevin Durant and some of you don't think they'll be any better :lol:
We seen that little ***** *** chump in game 6 of the WCF he's very capable of choking in big moments.

Of course they'll be better but I hope there's chemistry problems while they replace someone who didn't demand the ball with someone who does. If you put too much horsepower in a car you can twist the frame coming off the line. I hope GS's frame gets twisted.. :rofl:

We seen that little ***** *** chump in game 6 of the WCF he's very capable of choking in big moments.

Well the guy he's replacing was capable of having the worst NBA Finals performance I've ever seen in my entire life so I think he'll be alright.

You guys aren't going to see how KD makes the Warriors better until the finals. KD is going to make Curry a lot better in the playoffs and vice versa. You don't see how the Cavs were defending Curry? They just load up on him and force others to make plays. Now instead of loading up on Curry, they'll just be forced to switch like everyone else does. Cavs don't have the personnel to switch everything like the Thunder does (did)

Bingo
Take the emotion out and view it in basketball glasses.

No team in the league will be able to load up on 1 single player in the starting lineup. They have killers at 4/5 positions now. It will take time for them to click, but when they do, barring injury, they should run off a few titles easily.

Bron beat them this season. He played other worldly to do so. He and the cavs will have a difficult time stopping 4/5 guys every game in a series.

This move makes the game easier for Klay, Steph,Dray,KD. They should all be more efficient honestly

CmmgQkMUMAAec5z.jpg

All this about 4 superstars and one ball doesn't mean a damn thing. They said the same thing about Miami when Lebron was there, look how that turned out. GS needed a player who can create for themselves and got him. Steph and Klay don't need the ball all the time to get their shots up. It might take them 30 games or less to figure it out but once they do :x CLE decided to shut Klay and Steph down and let Harrison bums shoot wide open shots. Can't do that with KD.

Last edited:
It's hard to imagine gsw having a top 10 defence without Bogut. Also, who will collect the rebounds and defend the paint?

We've seen how much they suffered when Bogut went out last year.

It's hard to imagine gsw having a top 10 defence without Bogut. Also, who will collect the rebounds and defend the paint?

They don't need rim protection, they'll just try to outscore every team. They'll still struggle with length though.

All this about 4 superstars and one ball doesn't mean a damn thing. They said the same thing about Miami when Lebron was there, look how that turned out. GS needed a player who can create for themselves and got him. Steph and Klay don't need the ball all the time to get their shots up. It might take them 30 games or less to figure it out but once they do
sick.gif
CLE decided to shut Klay and Steph down and let Harrison bums shoot wide open shots. Can't do that with KD.
2 Superstars

Zaza is a solid rebounder, with respective to other centers. Durant is the best rebounding SF in the league. Dray is just decent.

Obviously they're better, but coming from their peak last season... How much better could they realistically be? They were the best team last year (And slipped up obviously), how much higher can you get from there

KD can defend a nd protect the rim, "when he wants to." In fact, when OKC plays small with him at the 4 against GS, KD's rim protection and versatility defensively Is what allowed it and makes it work.

And on that Tyson Chandler thing, another thing is the Dr, Dr Yates, who failed him on that physical is literally the same doctor who performed the operation on that big toe when Chandler was a Hornet and they were in OKC after Katrina.

This is my first time on a computer since the news broke. I don't know how late I was, but I found out in the most anticlimactic way possible, from my girl scrolling through FB.

Wal Mart's already putting the KD 35 jersey shirts on clearance. Nobody I know or on any of my timelines is incredibly fanactical about it, just some disappointment, call him the B word, and a lot of what Stephen A said but nobody burning their sneakers and merch that I know.

Back
Top Bottom