2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Paul Pierce [emoji]10004[/emoji] @paulpierce34

If u can't beat um join um
1f914.png

12:42 PM - 4 Jul 2016

Warriors were an inch away from getting beat by OKC tho.. If Westbrook didn't have ADD they would of been in the finals fam.

I mean yeah the Warriors got exposed for a bit but they rebounded and dont have to deal with the thunder anymore :lol:

The warriors essentially are going to have to fill the team now with vet minimum guys then let those same players go next summer.
Depth is important but we saw Miami make a run in 2011 with both Haslem & Miller injured. W/o those 2, players 4-12 were all on the vet min or 2nd round contracts like Chalmers.

It didn't work out that year, but that primarily fell on Bosh & Bron's pedestrian offensive efforts. This GSW team has more fire power & a better offensive system so I don't see most of their stars struggling all at once like that.

very minor concern IMO.

The only thing that's different is the fact that KD was defeated by the dubs. They both essentially went to teams where they knew they'd have the best chance to win a championship. So pretty similar actually. Both are **** made moves. Lebron couldn't beat the Celtics so he joined two future hall of famers. KD couldn't beat the Dubs, so he joined forces with the MVP.

No just no

Miami wasnt coming off two straight finals appearances and 73 wins b. Stop

Dat Denial...

C'mon man, how quickly y'all forgot.... Don't y'all remember? Not 5, not 6, not 7

THEY KNEW they were gonna be a Super Team. They weren't assembled out of thin air.

They gathered all the pieces to make it to the Finals and win a Championship.

Their record in the previous season is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Thunder need to trade Westbrook by the deadline. There's such a minuscule chance that he comes back that you might as well trade him for a few young pieces

Depth is important but we saw Miami make a run in 2011 with both Haslem & Miller injured. W/o those 2, players 4-12 were all on the vet min or 2nd round contracts like Chalmers.

It didn't work out that year, but that primarily fell on Bosh & Bron's pedestrian offensive efforts. This GSW team has more fire power & a better offensive system so I don't see most of their stars struggling all at once like that.

very minor concern IMO.

But they won 2 out of 4, and it wasn't easy.

So depth is a concern. Plenty of dudes out there willing to sacrifice and be along for the ride. KD won't be the only soft dude to join GSW. More to follow in the next couple of days

I wonder if Chef Curry is going to cry like that baby Wade about never being the highest paid player on bis team

Back
Top Bottom