2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Mike Brown officially on Steve Kerr's staff

Most untalked about storyline this offseason is how Kerr was consistently outcoached in the playoffs by two first year guys.

Another crazy thing is of all 4 conference teams, 3 of the head coaches were either in the 1st or 2nd year.

New guard coming.

Unless kd is playing wide receiver or first base, bringing them athletes in other sports to recruit is pointless.

Celtics are up and coming but Kd is trying to win now. He isn't gonna wait around and hope boston can develop in a few years. It's gonna be the same 4 teams in the discussion of winning the whole chip wher he would make a difference...cavs, spurs, gs, okc.

If he does take that challenge in Boston....would be fun to watch

i agree, but this is where playing at OKC hurts him. There's nothing going on there.

People that have been in those meetings are saying it's tough to get a read on KD. No one can tell where he's leaning to.

But if KD and his agent were recruiting Al Horford to join OKC just this past week, shouldn't that be a good indicator of where his heart is right now?

I still think he'll consider everything and stay home for 1 + 1. If you lost out on him, at least you can come away thinking the seeds were planted for 2017. As long as your team remains a contender or shows growth next year, there might be a much better chance to land him.

Last edited:
IDK if anyone brought this up yet, but Oladipo, KD, Russ and Adams will be FAs next year, and its unlikely all will be brought back. I wonder if that has crossed KDs mind?

Most untalked about storyline this offseason is how Kerr was consistently outcoached in the playoffs by two first year guys.

Another crazy thing is of all 4 conference teams, 3 of the head coaches were either in the 1st or 2nd year.

New guard coming.

he also coached a little too confidently. he wants to be a player coach too much

Boston brought the whole city to meet with KD. :lol:

It's not even that serious g, what are they gonna get Tom Brady to send KD to his weird body guru or something?

It should be about basketball only, KD has showed that he cares about the game and winning above everything, he's a superstar but he's not a high maintenance guy.

IDK if anyone brought this up yet, but Oladipo, KD, Russ and Adams will be FAs next year, and its unlikely all will be brought back. I wonder if that has crossed KDs mind?

they could be but then Kanter would need to be traded, which will take them all about 10 minutes to make happen. His deal is an absolute steal right now

I would be turned off seeing Tom Brady there. You need him to sell me on your basketball program?

I'm here to win championships, not hang out with Tom and Giselle.

I would be turned off seeing Tom Brady there. You need him to sell me on your basketball program?

I'm here to win championships, not hang out with Tom and Giselle.
"And that is why Kevin, you should vote for Mr. Trump this November."

Unless kd is playing wide receiver or first base, bringing them athletes in other sports to recruit is pointless.

Celtics are up and coming but Kd is trying to win now. He isn't gonna wait around and hope boston can develop in a few years. It's gonna be the same 4 teams in the discussion of winning the whole chip wher he would make a difference...cavs, spurs, gs, okc.

If he does take that challenge in Boston....would be fun to watch

i agree, but this is where playing at OKC hurts him. There's nothing going on there.

And I think this is what's going to backfire on OKC and going to upset KD, but not because there's nothing going on here. I literally think KD likes and prefers that.

But I think OKC may insult him by reminding him "hey, you're a small town guy attitude wise, you love that and loved us for it, remember?

We shall see.

KD said years ago that Tom Brady is his favorite athlete ever. I think that sort of matters, no? It's not as random as it appears.

If you have that chip available why wouldn't you use it at your disposal?

KD ain't committing anywhere because Brady told him so, but IDK...anything helps if you're competing with other teams.

@ramonashelburne The market for Pau Gasol appears to be around $18-22 million/year. Raptors, Bulls, Blazers, Wolves, Spurs among the teams in discussions with him, per sources. Not clear yet if he'll wait until Durant decides.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For 35 y/o Pau :wow: :x. Some teams getting a poison pill :lol:

Making me wonder about Wade's deal...

Last edited:
really if kd doesnt go to spurs he should stay in okc and it doesnt sound like hes goin to the spurs lol

you don't think Gasol is worth that? He's easily worth that in my opinion. Assuming its a 2-3 year deal

Would have loved to see him end it on the Lakers.

He's the kind of guy you want to keep around in the front office, unless he truly does decide to be some brain surgeon when he retires

Last edited:
@ESPNSteinLine Following up on that @ramonashelburne tweet: Lots of noise out there about Portland putting a two-year, $40 million offer down to Pau Gasol.
I take back everything nice I said about Neil Olshey.

you don't think Gasol is worth that? He's easily worth that in my opinion.

Would have loved to see him end it on the Lakers.

He's the kind of guy you want to keep around in the front office, unless he truly does decide to be some brain surgeon when he retires
Probably my favorite basketball player and person ever, but he's an orange cone on defense and his offense isn't good enough to justify the price tag.

They will def have the money to bring them all back.

Cap around 107 is light if you ask me. It will be even higher than that.

you don't think Gasol is worth that? He's easily worth that in my opinion. 
Without a doubt. 

Dude may be buns defensively, but he is as ELITE as ever on offense, especially with the League going small down there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom