2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Here's my thing...your starting point guard was JOSE CALDERON.

JOSE CALDERON.

To act as if Derrick Rose for one year is such a downgrade to that is hilarious to me.

Majority of NT and Knicks fans know nothing about basketball

rose was actually rather decent for all the set backs and BS the last few years

Y'all complain too much

If anything Lebby showed us that miracles can happen.

If the Cavs can win a championship after being down 1-3 to the best regular season team ever than D Rose can be good again and the Knicks can be good.

#ibelieve

And knicks at 8th seed upsetting cavs in 1st round of the playoffs :nerd:

And when did I say it was? My point is bringing up a city's murder rate when talking about free agency is asinine. Period. 

We referenced the other players/cities to prove that **** can happen to you anywhere. No free agency is going to look at Chicago and say....alot of people die in their ghettoes so I don't want to play there. Think about how dumb that sounds.
Chicago is not an attractive city to any free agents as a whole. You can not do what you do in LA or middle of nowhere the same as in chicago and be as safe.Drose never goes out...

But thats not cause of safety. Its because he can barely walk.
:lol: he aint here nomo so i can join the jokes

Last edited:
Derrick been healthy though. Jimmy Butler and him played the same amount of games this yr.
Yeah and his stats were nothing special. He wasnt efficient, he wasnt assisting, he wasnt scoring, he wasnt rebounding. Dude gave yall like 4 flashback games and that's it.

JOSE CALDERON.

To act as if Derrick Rose for one year is such a downgrade to that is hilarious to me.
I'm just sayin the ***** aint Jesus come to revive the Knicks like Lazarus. More than likely he'll put up average-below average stats until he gets injured like 40 games in and then our starting PG is Justin Holiday. At which point we'll be getting real nostalgic about Jose.

Last edited:
Chicago is not an attractive city to any free agents as a whole. You can not do what you do in LA or middle of nowhere the same as in chicago and be as safe. People die. That is in no way a sole reason not to sign as a FA but it is a factor. Sounds dumb or not. It is what it is.
You really think NBA players career about that?  Honest question.  What makes you think so?

Chicago is not an attractive city to any free agents as a whole. You can not do what you do in LA or middle of nowhere the same as in chicago and be as safe. People die. That is in no way a sole reason not to sign as a FA but it is a factor. Sounds dumb or not. It is what it is.
You really think NBA players career about that?  Honest question.  What makes you think so?
dude is talking nonsense.. what nba player making millions would not want to go to chitown... nba players are not going into southside to enjoy themselves

Yeah and his stats were nothing special. He wasnt efficient, he wasnt assisting, he wasnt scoring, he wasnt rebounding. Dude gave yall like 4 flashback games and that's it.

I'm just sayin the ***** aint Jesus come to revive the Knicks like Lazarus. More than likely he'll put up average-below average stats until he gets injured like 40 games in and then our starting PG is Justin Holiday. At which point we'll be getting real nostalgic about Jose.
And if that happens guess what? 

That's 21 million coming off the books going into 2017 free agency. So again...i don't know why anyone is acting like this is a bad trade.

It's low risk / high reward. The sky didn't fall on the New York Knicks today. This is the epitome of ppl complaining just to complain. 

This free agents aint going to the chi cuz of murders talk is ridiculous. Yeah ****** are turning down millions on the slight chance that they might get shot partying like they're goin to some hole in the wall club in the hood. 

This guy is really acting like Lil Reese is going to be riding around looking for the latest Bulls free agent pick ups. 

This is sad and funny at the the same time. 

The Chicago weather and Bulls management is more of a deterrent than anything else. Management is cheap and been that way since the MJ days. Mike only got his market value the last two years of his career :lol:

And if that happens guess what? 

That's 21 million coming off the books going into 2017 free agency. So again...i don't know why anyone is acting like this is a bad trade.

It's low risk / high reward. The sky didn't fall on the New York Knicks today. This is the epitome of ppl complaining just to complain. 
Not slurping Phil and D Rose and being realistic about the current situation instead of acting like the Knicks are now contenders == Complaining just to complain. Aight 

Yall are wild..so chicago is not less attractive of a city to free agents being that you cant go anywhere youd like?

Drose own words are "i do not go out in chicago". "I only go out when im in LA" . I mean go out as in clubs,events, enjoying the city etc.

They dont do that limelight **** here in chi for many reasons.

All im saying is if its chicago vs la or anywhere else they can enjoy freely. Its not going to be Chi that they sign with.

Not slurping Phil and D Rose and being realistic about the current situation instead of acting like the Knicks are now contenders == Complaining just to complain. Aight 
You sure know how to play extremes. Because someone is pointing out the fact that Derrick Rose is an upgrade from Jose Calderon...SURELY that must mean they believe the Knicks are contenders.

Great assessment. 

Yall are wild..so chicago is not less attractive of a city to free agents being that you cant go anywhere youd like?

Drose own words are "i do not go out in chicago". "I only go out when im in LA" . I mean go out as in clubs,events, enjoying the city etc.

They dont do that limelight **** here in chi for many reasons.

All im saying is if its chicago vs la or anywhere else they can enjoy freely. Its not going to be Chi that they sign with.
I mean Chicago is probably not an attractive FA destination because it's in the middle of the country, freezing cold and not really a central market/cultural center, but I don't have any idea if NBA players care about crime specifically.

DRose might only go out in LA because Chicago nightlife can't hold a candle to LA when you are a celebrity.  He is also from there so he might have problematic personal relationships with some folks.

Overall your point about Chicago not being a great FA destination is valid.

Leaving this post here to quote when:

-D. Rose is having an incredibly inefficent season but drops 30-40 pts in a couple games and everyone starts posting about "doubters" and "haters"

I just want him to learn how to hoop now that he's less explosive. He's still one of top 5 athletes at the position
what does that even mean. hes not even top 5 at the position. 

Never said he was. Never said he was top 10. I'm stating that even w/o knee caps, he's still a great athlete. He needs find out how to get back to getting fouled and playing more efficiently.

I just want him to learn how to hoop now that he's less explosive. He's still one of top 5 athletes at the position
what does that even mean. hes not even top 5 at the position. 
Never said he was. Never said he was top 10. I'm stating that even w/o knee caps, he's still a great athlete. He needs find out how to get back to getting fouled and playing more efficiently.
without kneecaps he is one of the worst athletes in the league though

People really think Lopez is better than Rose? I thought you guys were being sarcastic lol.

There really isn't anything to suggest Rose is better than Lopez at this point, based off of statistics or the eye test

I'd take a more than serviceable center and a young PG with potential vs whatever is left of Rose. He played well last year given the circumstances, but watching him play just has you waiting on him to take the wrong step and go down. His mind might say he's gonna ball out in a contract year, but his body may say something else

JOSE CALDERON.

But this also :lol: :lol:

Leaving this post here to quote when:

-D. Rose is having an incredibly inefficent season but drops 30-40 pts in a couple games and everyone starts posting about "doubters" and "haters"

:lol:

I think he needs to learn how to shoot and play solid defense (not impossible) and he'll have an extended career as a vet.

And then people will use that to make his HOF case which will be a tough one.

Worst case scenario is an Iverson or Steph type deal (without the insanity) where he can't change.

Back
Top Bottom