2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

actually, in the last 2 years, only 3/10 top picks played more than 20mpg. exum only played 22mpg.
he was a backup to burke and burks, aaron gordon was a back up to tobias and frye

2013 might be the worst draft in history, most top 5 picks are brought into the right situation to try and make an immediate impact 

Last edited:
they SHOULD, however not every rookie is the same. not every rookie is the same age or is matured as the rest. i wouldnt think too much into this 20mpg talk. we'll see how zinger adapts to a regular season game and go from there. for all we know, he might struggle really bad and the same people saying he should play more, will be calling for him to ride the bench.

But we didn't pick a guy to fill a need, that's what makes Porzingis different. Filling a need would have been WCS or Mudiay. Two guys who likely would have made a more immediate impact in positions we needed/didn't have another option for. 

Instead, we went with the guy who arguably has the higher upside, despite him needing a little more time and playing the position best suited for our star veteran. It's got nothing to do with Porzingis skill or potential, it's just the decision the Knicks and the path they've set us on. Some big men need a little more time, Porzingis is likely one of them.

knicks got tons of needs, how isnt porzingis one of them, its not like melo cant guard sf's and porzingis cant stretch the floor for melo

This **** is so arbitrary man. Saying that lotto picks should be playing at least 20 MPG or at least 25, like what the **** does that even mean?

All Phil was saying is that he hopes Porzingis will get playing time from the start, and depending on how he performs, Fisher will make the decision on how much to use him from there, as the head coach.

Clearly they plan on playing the dude though. We arent stacked in the frontcourt, and we wouldnt have asked Aldridge to play some center if we planned on using Zinger to warm the bench early on.

This thing is a process. I know we keep saying that but it's true. Stop getting so caught up on an arbitrary minutes number. If Porzingis ends up playing a lot of minutes, it will be because he has proven himself ready to handle those minutes and he has earned more time over other players. And that is exactly how it should be.

Phil wasnt gonna go out and say that he wants Porzingis playing 30+ MPG and starting right away as a rookie. That wouldn't be fair for Fisher, our other veteran big men, or even Porzingis himself. But that doesnt necessarily mean it CANT happen either. It all depends on how Porzingis does. Trust, if Porzingis proves himself to be the Knicks best big man right out the gate, he won't be limited by some arbitrary number. Zinger will play how many minutes he deserves to play.

Like JRS said, these people (Phil/Fisher) know what they are doing. Stop making yourself crazy over bull **** before the season even starts. You're feeding right into the hands of the dumb *** media by doing so.

Last edited:
This **** is so arbitrary man. Saying that lotto picks should be playing at least 20 MPG or at least 25, like what the **** does that even mean?

All Phil was saying is that he hopes Porzingis will get playing time from the start, and depending on how he performs, Fisher will make the decision on how much to use him from there, as the head coach.

Clearly they plan on playing the dude though. We arent stacked in the frontcourt, and we wouldnt have asked Aldridge to play some center if we planned on using Zinger to warm the bench early on.

This thing is a process. I know we keep saying that but it's true. Stop getting so caught up on an arbitrary minutes number. If Porzingis ends up playing a lot of minutes, it will be because he has proven himself ready to handle those minutes and he has earned more time over other players. And that is exactly how it should be.

Phil wasnt gonna go out and say that he wants Porzingis playing 30+ MPG and starting right away as a rookie. That wouldn't be fair for Fisher, our other veteran big men, or even Porzingis himself. But that doesnt necessarily mean it CANT happen either. It all depends on how Porzingis does. Trust, if Porzingis proves himself to be the Knicks best big man right out the gate, he won't be limited by some arbitrary number. Zinger will play how many minutes he deserves to play.

Like JRS said, these people (Phil/Fisher) know what they are doing. Stop making yourself crazy over bull **** before the season even starts. You're feeding right into the hands of the dumb *** media by doing so.
Preach!!!

While I may not agree with the minutes debate, I do agree that lottery teams shouldn't be drafting projects when your only true asset is getting older. That is unless you're subliminally saying eff your best asset. Honestly I would like to see him starting, that is if he earns it, but that shouldn't be taken as I think he should be playing 40 mins a game. With the 4s we have starting shouldn't seem that far fetched imo.

I highly doubt Phil would have said anything different had he drafted WCS or anyone else you guys view as more "NBA ready."

He is setting a baseline that doesnt place too much or too little expectations on the rookie and the rest will be up to him to perform.

At the end of the day, who even gives a **** about the Aldridge ordeal?

Everyone knew that if LMA left Portland it was to go to San Antonio. It was public knowledge that the driving factor behind leaving the Blazers would be to play closer to home.

You are crazy if you think/thought there was any chance in hell Aldridge would leave Portland to sign with the 17 win Knicks, as opposed to becoming the new face of the best franchise in the NBA, who also happen to play in his home state with no state income tax. 

The center story is probably true, I don't doubt that. But it is probably being overplayed by the media because it's not like we had a shot regardless.

And like I said all along, I never loved Aldridge's fit on this team even if we did have a shot, so I don't get too caught up thinking about it. It's just another thing that would probably be a non-story if it happened to any other team in the league besides the Knicks and the NY media. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Prizz playing 20 minutes is fine. He's still young and frail. You can't put him out there playing big minutes in a 82 game season. His body isn't ready for that yet. Putting him out there to the dogs will hurt him in the long run. Let him get comfortable and understand how the nba works. Yall need to relax b. It's chess not checkers.

Prizz playing 20 minutes is fine. He's still young and frail. You can't put him out there playing big minutes in a 82 game season. His body isn't ready for that yet. Putting him out there to the dogs will hurt him in the long run. Let him get comfortable and understand how the nba works. Yall need to relax b. It's chess not checkers.

all of this

KD is a rare player.

AD is injury prone now still. Yea he's arguably the best new thing in the nba. But he has yet to play over 70 games in a season. That's something that no one really notices.

God let's just wait and ******* see. If Zinger is killing it during the season and yall dont think Fisher is playing him enough, then maybe get worked up and say something. This 20 MPG conversation in August is so ******* dumb.

And I know its August and there isnt **** going on so conversations are inevitably going to be pretty stupid, but this **** is beyond that.

Last edited:
let's just give a guy who's never played in america 35 mpg from the get go just because he was picked 4th overall. let's not make him earn anything.

Back
Top Bottom