2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

if we don't protect him and decide to just throw him in the fire, we will chance his morale/confidence dropping from the vicious media pricks like isola salivating at the chance to rip porzingod & phil jackson apart.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 chill out everybody.

Why do yall need to overreact / read into every little thing so much? Phil even said it will be up to Fisher and I am sure Zinger will need to earn his way in training camp like the rest of the team and earn any minutes he gets.

If he gets 20 mpg, that will probably be what he needs right now because he probably didnt play well enough in camp to show he is ready for big minutes right off the bat. If he gets more than that, I am sure it will be because he earned it and proved he is ready for the NBA fire.

Just wait it out and relax, no need to go crazy about every little thing that is said about this team in August. It'll all work out one way or another. 

No overreacting at all. I just think if we want him to reach his potential, babying him is not the way whatsoever.

Some guys you ease into it, others I think need to just have as much exposure as possible. I think he needs to be all the way immersed into it.

Last edited:
20 mpg isn't being babied it's the right amount of time for a rookie. If he's capable of more time he'll get it as the season moves on. He's not getting 7 mpg he's getting a typical workload.

That's true actually, most rookies wont be getting more than 30 min a game right away (except maybe Okafor and Mudiay).

I just always been a firm believer of on court action being the best thing for young players.

And seeing as all the PFs on this team aren't that great, I would just let him play barring foul trouble/no effort whatsoever/rest.

Guess you can say I'm more concerned with his development than anything.

Rookies all stink, 20 minutes is perfect, you don't want to put wear and tear on the guy when his body really isn't even ready for the league yet.

stink or not alot of top 5 picks average atleast 28+ mins as rooks, its not about wear and tear when hes only 20, its about getting experience

Some of you are acting like he's getting 5 mpg. He'll play 5 minutes a quarter and if he deserves it he'll get more time. Kid is 19 and has never played in America before. 20 is the typical amount of minutes for rookies unless they're on garbage teams without depth.

Some of you are acting like he's getting 5 mpg. He'll play 5 minutes a quarter and if he deserves it he'll get more time. Kid is 19 and has never played in America before. 20 is the typical amount of minutes for rookies unless they're on garbage teams without depth.
20 is not typical for top 5 picks, just look at the history

I don't give a **** if he's a top 5 pick he's not lebron or melo. 20 mpg is fine to start. If he earns more he'll play more. It's ******* simple.

you guys get hung up on the stupidest ****. it's 20 mpg he'll play and if he does well he'll play more. the guys running this team know what they're ******* doing.

Last edited:
you guys get hung up on the stupidest ****. it's 20 mpg he'll play and if he does well he'll play more. the guys running this team know what they're ******* doing.
This. Chill the **** out people.

It's like Phil threw out the arbitrary 20 MPG number just to sever expectations right where they need to be and not freak anybody out one way or another, and people still freak the **** out.

You really want Phil coming out saying I want him starting and playing 30+ MPG? What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team and Porzingis? You dont want Porzingis coming into camp thinking that he is hot **** and will be starting no matter what. Phil has been in the league for 50+ years now in some capacity, he knows this as well as anybody.

20 MPG is a pretty arbitrary number to use for a rookie. If he wants more than that, than like Phil even said, that's on Fisher and he will have to prove he is capable and earn it just like anybody else on the team.

Dude never said it was impossible to play him more than that, or that he was planing to put Porzingis on a minutes restriction or some ****. Phil's just not getting carried away with preseason expectations before the guy has even had a training camp, which is exactly what he should be doing as the team president. Chill the **** out people, can't believe how far this has gotten. 

EDIT:
that pic was from this past season, whos the new guys running the team?
The picture was still ******* stupid to use. Phil took over a trash team and cleaned house and got this team in position for a top draft pick instead of trying to shoot for a low playoff seed. So fans can wear trash bags all they ******* want, it doesn't make Phil wrong.

Also, if it were up to the fans we wouldnt have drafted Porzingis in the first place so who ******* cares? Countering "the guys running this team know what they're ******* doing." with fans with bags on their head is ******* stupid regardless of what year it was. Phil didnt get us in this mess, he's just trying to get us out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom