2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

People think Phil won 11 rings on accident.....this is the best coach ever cementing his legacy as an executive. ELITE. wake up folks.

People think Phil won 11 rings on accident.....this is the best coach ever cementing his legacy as an executive. ELITE. wake up folks.

Who were those two guys that Phil had who were half-way decent players? Oh, that's right! They were called Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant :lol:

The players Phil brought in don't compliment Melo (at least not yet) and we still need a reliable 2nd scoring option on the team. The Knicks won't be good for another 2-3 years.

Before Phil got to LA what was happening in LA.....Kobe was throwing up airballs under pressure against Utah and they were getting swept out the playoffs.

Before Phil got to Chicago what was happening in Chicago....MJ was known as a BALLHOG....Pippen was getting headaches in games 7's.

Building a championship organization is a process.

And to address your 2nd option question....Aaron Afflalo dropped 13 yesterday in the blue and white game last night. A game that features the best young talent in the NBA today.

I seen Aaron drop close to 20 ppg on a Magic team with bums around him, dont be surprised if he steps it up from that in an actual system with a Hall of famer besides him.

Do you watch basketball or do you just Skim through it?

Last edited:
Before Phil got to LA what was happening in LA.....Kobe was throwing up airballs under pressure against Utah and they were getting swept out the playoffs.

Before Phil got to Chicago what was happening in Chicago....MJ was known as a BALLHOG....Pippen was getting headaches in games 7's.

Building a championship organization is a process.

And to address your 2nd option question....Aaron Afflalo dropped 13 yesterday in the blue and white game last night. A game that features the best young talent in the NBA today.

Do you watch basketball or do you just Skim through it?

Jay-Z, is that you?

You're being WAY too optimistic papi. Slow your role and realize the personnel we have on this team. Afflalo isn't suddenly going to average 22 ppg after having one solid exhibition game. He's a great defender and a very inconsistent offensive player. That's his role and the identity he's developed in the NBA.

Zinger has some potential, but he has yet to feel the heat of an NBA game. You think he's going to shoot 40% from the 3 because of a 15 second clip of him shooting open jumpers? Give me a break man.

The Knicks are awful and it will take a few years before they can get some traction off the ground. The team we have this year isn't going to compete for a championship, let alone a division title. We'll be lucky if we 35 games :lol:

Last edited:
Papalote,

We takin 40 plus....prolly 50. In the east if you play with cohesion and have an organized set system big things can happen. Look at the following teams Atlanta, Raptors, Bucks, Wizards who played well above their expectations last year. Your telling me we can't compete with these guys?

Look at a team like Chicago in the East...are they REAAAAAALLY that much better than us talent and roster wise?. If you look closely the answer is no, but the difference these past 5 seasons has been been the culture, effort, leadership and emphasis on D that Tom implemented across the entire organization.

Last edited:
Papalote,

We takin 40 plus....prolly 50. In the east if you play with cohesion and have an organized set system big things can happen. Look at the following teams Atlanta, Raptors, Bucks, Wizards who played well above their expectations last year. Your telling me we can't compete with these guys?

You. Are. Out. Of. Your. Mind!

:rofl:

Only player on the Knicks better than a Bull is Melo, after that it's literally Chicago by a wide margin. If they had Melo they probably would've gone to the Finals.

the Bulls 2nd best player (Rose) is miles ahead of our 2nd best player (RoLo/Afflalo)

we have 6th seed potential with this current roster, anything more & i'll be shocked

Charles Barkley just predicted that we'll make the playoffs. Idk bout y'all. But i'm shocked 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom