2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

0 revenues, 30 monthly active users, seems like par for the course when it comes to tech startups.

Read this article: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/...a-conversation-with-stewart-butterfield/?_r=0

There was a fantastic blog entry in the New York Times covering this particular issue around late April. With all the money being spent due to low interest rates and our dollar losing value, it's no wonder a lot of of these companies are easily being funded. Tech startups def reap the most benefits considering the recent "wave of enthusiasm" for the tech industry.

Last edited:
Bookmarked, thanks :pimp:

Since we were talking about which games we wanted to go to earlier, my cousin has season tickets so I was able to scoop up a few games from him. Gonna see the Spurs, Thunder and Lakers :pimp: Never seen those guys live.

Bookmarked, thanks
pimp.gif

Since we were talking about which games we wanted to go to earlier, my cousin has season tickets so I was able to scoop up a few games from him. Gonna see the Spurs, Thunder and Lakers
pimp.gif
Never seen those guys live.
Damn what dirt do you have on your cuz? 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I don't want to get to ahead of myself but can somebody explain to me how BR predicted the Nets to win 40 and the Knicks 28? I just don't see us being worse than them this season. Not saying that I think the Knicks will be a threat, I just think the Nets are gonna suck. I don't see how Brook Lopez and a bunch of nobodys is better than Melo and a bunch of nobodys. And I think our supporting cast has a better chance of overachieving than the Nets do as well.

I mean its BR, so take it with a grain of salt, but still. **** the Nets.

Nah man at least u know both are playing. The worst are the 49-33 predicting types that put OD thought and will explain to you how good we're gunna be with these new signings, Melo working out, and everyone fitting the triangle, and how with an off the dribble J Porzingis will be better than KD. Type of dudes that think Jerian Grant, drafted in the 20s, will somehow come in and instantly be better than Calderon :lol:

Nah man at least u know both are playing. The worst are the 49-33 predicting types that put OD thought and will explain to you how good we're gunna be with these new signings, Melo working out, and everyone fitting the triangle, and how with an off the dribble J Porzingis will be better than KD. Type of dudes that think Jerian Grant, drafted in the 20s, will somehow come in and instantly be better than Calderon :lol:
Not sure if serious but Calderon was the worst starting PG in the league last year, I don't think Grant can be worse than what we got out of Calderon last year.

Not sure if serious but Calderon was the worst starting PG in the league last year, I don't think Grant can be worse than what we got out of Calderon last year.
Idk if Grant will necessarily be better than Calderon right away, he might be. But I DO think he will do a lot of things better than Calderon right away that are more important for a 2015 starting NBA PG to do.

He isnt as cerebral, he wont be as good of a shooter, and he will likely commit more turnovers. But he cant be worse defensively than Caldo (in fact, he should actually be much better), he is bigger and more athletic, and runs the P&R better. I agree, those kinds of predictions suck, but at 22 years old, Grant should be this team's starting PG by the end of the season if not much sooner.

On the other hand, I did some internal research and saw that the last 2 BR predictions had the Knicks winning 50 (when we won 33) and 44 (when we won 17), so I'm not too concerned by their analysis. 
laugh.gif

I really think/hope we will at least be better than BK this season though. It amazes me how much they fly under the radar with everything going on there. The Knicks get **** on non stop for absolutely anything and everything.

Melo cant get enough **** thrown his way, yet Deron gets ******* waived 2 summers after signing a max deal and it is barely spoken about. I swear, I have Nets "fans" talking to me about how the Knicks are stupid and shouldnt have signed Melo/should trade him, and I'm just like "Yo, didnt yall just buy out your franchise player?"
laugh.gif

Not to mention having no players left from the "all in" deal that cost them 4 first round draft picks, and not having their own draft pick at all until 2019. And on top of ALL that ****, they STILL have Billy King as their GM. Amazing.

I could only imagine what the NY media would be like if the Knicks were going through what the Nets are right now. But I guess I'll take it all in stride, because it just shows that nobody gives a **** about our cross-river rivals.

Last edited:
[h1]Knicks hater Charles Barkley actually likes Jackson’s summer moves[/h1]
By Marc Berman

August 13, 2015 | 11:12am

Modal Trigger
feature1.jpg

TNT’s Charles Barkley had a lot of nice things to say about Phil Jackson and the Knicks’ summer moves on Wednesday night’s telecast to announce the NBA schedule.

Barkley has long had a hatred for the Knicks. He complained last season the team never should be on national TV  and got into a heated Twitter back-and-forth with Jackson.

Of course, Barkley just had hip replacement surgery and could be feeling the effects of the pain medication.

“I actually disagree with all the critics [against] the Knicks,’’ Barkley said. “I think the Knicks should be on national television this year. They actually got NBA players.’’

The Knicks are coming off a 17-65 season and have been downgraded on the national TV schedule from 23 games to 16. For those who don’t count NBA-TV, the Knicks, who had a modest free-agent haul and selected European project Kristaps Porzingis at No. 4, make seven appearances on ABC/ESPN/TNT.

“There were times we showed the Knicks, they didn’t have any NBA players — and I’m not trying to badmouth the Knicks,’’ Barkley said. “They had players who should be playing in the D-League or overseas. That’s just a fact. They didn’t have legitimate NBA players.’’

Barkley mostly is referring to the aftermath of the fire sale on Jan. 5, when the Knicks dumped Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith and Samuel Dalembert. They later bought out the contract of Amar’e Stoudemire.

Jackson’s two biggest signings were center Robin Lopez and shooting guard Arron Afflalo, who was invited Wednesday night to play in Team USA’s Blue and White Scrimmage at UNLV on Thursday.

“Robin Lopez is an NBA player, Afflalo is an NBA player, [draft pick] Jerian Grant is an NBA player,’’ Barkley said. “That’s three NBA players they didn’t have last year. And they’re going to get Carmelo back. Porzingis is going to be a good player, maybe not right now.”

Barkley, who is using a walker the next few weeks, then added: “I give Phil credit. He didn’t get any high-profile free agents, but Lopez is a heck of a player. I said the same thing about Grant, and Afflalo has been a solid player for six, seven years. I like what the Knicks did considering they didn’t get any big-time free agents.’’

During a Knicks rout against the Bulls on TNT in December, Barkley raged about the Knicks. Jackson tweeted: “do I have to mute this game? Chuck just remember your fundamental…key to [the triangle].”

Barkley heard about the tweet and snapped, “He’s too old to be tweeting,” adding that the Zen Master “has gotten sensitive in his old age."
Damn feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or some **** 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Barkley not hating for once
eek.gif
laugh.gif

We might eff around and have a underrated season/playoff run
nerd.gif
I agree 100%. I can see making moves around trade deadline to get us pieces if it is determined that we can make a run for the playoffs. I could be wrong, but I can honestly see him making more moves.

If you really know basketball, then you know the knicks are going to be good this year.

What makes you believe that?

2 unproven rookies who've never seen actual playing time in an NBA game? Signing a piss poor PF and a mediocre Center who probably reaped the benefits of playing next to a stud PF/on a playoff team with depth (before injuries). We signed some guy who used to have Kendrick Lamar be jealous of. Our best player who's entering the later stages of his career after coming back from a season-ending knee injury. Oh, and let's not forget we have a coach with a horrible win-loss record implementing a system that may take half the season for the team to fully understand. All the while we have no one who can be a reliable second scoring option.

We MIGHT be a half-way decent defensive team next year, but It's almost certain we're going to seriously STRUGGLE on the offensive end. You're going to see the team passing it to Melo and waiting for him to do something most nights.

I'd be surprised if we won more than 30 games.

Last edited:
all i know is that we're already 5 times better on paper, then we were last season. we have a lot more potential and tbh, i dont think we can be as bad as we were last year, again :lol: :smh:

Eh Idk. The team is far from perfect but a foundation is set, and the 2013 Knicks were far from perfect either. And that team grossly overachieved. Some of the same insults made about this team could have been used for the 2013 Knicks. I know it is a dangerous game harboring on the exception as opposed to the rule, but the Knicks have been an unquestioned playoff team during the Melo-era, save the past 2 seasons (Yeah I know, that's just over 50%, but still).

At the end of the day we have "NBA players" (as Chuck said) who know their roles and an extremely hungry/motivated/rejuvenated Melo. Or so I hope. Like I said before, this thing will really begin and end with Melo this season.

Not only is he our best player, but as our longest tenured player, and without Tyson/the 2013 veteran committee, he is now the unquestioned leader of this team. I think Phil really wanted that because it challenges Melo to be the best he has ever been, even at 31. This season will be the ultimate test of what kind of player and leader Carmelo really is.

There are so many unproven unknowns on this team, and a lot can happen. The rookies are unknown at this point, no matter how talented we think they are/can be. Rolo can do similar to what Tyson did for us, or he can be an overpaid bust who reaped the benefits from playing on talented Trailblazers teams. Which Afflalo will we see? Is Derrick Williams doomed to be a bust or can he salvage his career? The list goes on and on. Almost every player on this team has a high degree of uncertainty attached to them. That is what happens when you reshape your entire roster in a span of 2 seasons.

Melo will be the driving factor behind whether or not the team can come together and fulfill their potential. He is the known. He is the only familiar face and he is our leader. If he doesnt come back strong from surgery and fails to inspire others as a leader, we will definitely suck. No doubt about it. However, if he leads in his own way, and works his *** off and lays everything out there on the court night in and night out, the rest will likely fall into place.

I wouldnt ever count out a hungry Melo, especially in a weak Eastern Conference, when surrounded by capable NBA role players ready to go to war with him. If Melo steps up his game this season, not only will he thrive personally, but it also makes it much more likely that the rest of the team follows suit and step up their own respective games. Because Melo is now our unquestioned leader, and attitude reflects leadership. He really needs to pave the path and inspire greatness from others.

I hate predictions so I wont predict an actual number or a playoff birth. I'll just stick with a range, which is somehwere between 30-40 wins. Anything more or less than that would surprise me. I expect the Knicks to be in that range this season, and hopefully they could exceed my expectations enough to maybe play .500 ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom