2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

having actual NBA players who know their role is gonna make a big difference. also we should be much improved on the defensive end

Going up to Toronto for Labor Day Weekend.

Has anyone been up there recently? Tell me where I should go to have fun and meet people. What are the women like up there? I heard there's a feminist movement which have caused a lot of the women to spoil :lol:

Go to a Jays game.

I said I wanted to have fun and meet people. Not go to a boring game and watch fat old slobs attempt to run around on a baseball diamond for 4 hours.

I'd rather watch a T20 Cricket match than sit around watching baseball. It's the WORST sport in human history. That's right.

Tried finding box seats for the 5th, but no luck. Going to Toronto with my family and I have 2 younger cousins who've never been to a baseball game before. If i'm going to expose them to such a horrible sport, I'd rather have them be comfortable and entertained with other things than sit around having to watch the game if they get bored (I'm sure they will).

It'll also be the last time I'll get to spend quality time with my family before I go into business school out in the west coast.

Long story short--I want to have fun.

^^^^^This is why were going to be great.... a SUPERSTAR thats more than willing to put in the work....thats who we acquired.

Yet people stay talking about what Melo apparently "doesn't do." You're only as good as the pieces you have around you, period. If the pieces don't compliment what you do, then it doesn't matter how good you are. You're going nowhere.

I have 100% confidence in any Melo team that is actually BUILT around him. That has yet to happen in his career. The year they went to the WCF in Denver, he begged the Nuggets to sign a center after they dumped Camby, and they did nothing. He's never had the luxury of playing GM like some of these other superstars that shall go unmentioned.

Phil knows what he has with Melo and he is building around him because he knows what his skill set is capable of. I'm ready to sit back and watch it all unfold. IMO, it's gonna be a process but it's only up from here...

Yet people stay talking about what Melo apparently "doesn't do." You're only as good as the pieces you have around you, period. If the pieces don't compliment what you do, then it doesn't matter how good you are. You're going nowhere.

I have 100% confidence in any Melo team that is actually BUILT around him. That has yet to happen in his career. The year they went to the WCF in Denver, he begged the Nuggets to sign a center after they dumped Camby, and they did nothing. He's never had the luxury of playing GM like some of these other superstars that shall go unmentioned.

Phil knows what he has with Melo and he is building around him because he knows what his skill set is capable of. I'm ready to sit back and watch it all unfold. IMO, it's gonna be a process but it's only up from here...
I agree I think Phil knows exactly what he is trying to do in terms of building a team around Melo. From getting his deal done, to basically forcing him into a leadership role in hope that it will bring out the best in him, to getting good complimentary players around him. I trust Phil and I trust Melo. I hope it all works out and I actually think it can.

Back
Top Bottom