2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I don't think draymond is a sure thing to stay, bc there is a salary cap. Idk if the Warriors can afford to keep him, especially with David lee's 20mil still on the books until next year.

We can't guarantee anything. I'll take anyone really. For all we know, Kevin love opts out of his contract and dips to the lakers. I feel like this is gonna be a crazy offseason.

Cap is irrelevant because he's a RFA. All they have to do is post that $2mil Qualifying Offer, and can then match anything.

Sure they will be a luxury tax team in 2015-16, but then the cap explodes and they are no longer a luxury tax team in 2016-17 or 2017-18.

Remember they still have Curry with 2 year / $24mil after this season, and that is a major reason why they can afford to keep Draymond.

No will they? Who knows. Maybe they don't see him as a max Free Agent, but odds say they know he is because he has been the catalyst for them this year.

Who they will likely lose? Harrison Barnes in 2016-17.

Also if they can find a taker for Lee, then even more reason for them to keep Dray. And they don't need to even completely unload his salary. If they can find a salary in the $8mil range, they can attach their first this season as an extra incentive.

Same thing for Jimmy Butler. He could want to lose, but Bulls can match everything. And maybe someone gets lucky and Bulls are their normal cheap selves, but with Rose a ? mark, and Noah fading, they need to keep Butler.

Last edited:
We have a ton of options through the draft and free agency

We at least know that the roster will be improved somehow someway :lol:

After this game I would never want Cliff or Chris Paul. How the series on the line and you aren't living up to the moment.

2u7pzpe.jpg

teamwish Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
@imanshumpertthe1st

:lol: @ JR taking a shot at the Knicks

Catching up on the thread and I see this :lol:
Still trash foh bums

So glad to see Prigi flourish man.

Prigs the only ex Knick I wanna see shine.

exactly... we havent won for a while and been garbage consistently but the clippers as a franchise sucks... no championships ever or even a conference finals :smh:

out of all the ex knicks im glad priggs is doing well and even jr... both of them wanted to be here and never complained especially priggs whos been great here... hopefully they can beat gsw but i doubt it

JR & Shump made an ECF before Melo

True, but if you're stating that they made a conference final first, then your statement is false. Melo led the nuggets to the WCF again the lakers in 2009.

out of all the ex knicks im glad priggs is doing well and even jr... both of them wanted to be here and never complained especially priggs whos been great here... hopefully they can beat gsw but i doubt it

As much as I don't want JR to win a chip before Melo, I'll be happy for him. I mean I understand why he has bad feelings towards the Knicks. His IG post is spot on. Phil pretty much gave him away for free. I know the NBA is a business and trades/waives happen, but it still hurts. I remember Melo saying in an interview that JR and shump were taking the news hard when they found out they were getting traded. At least they're in a better situation and are playing their correct roles. They were asked to do a bit too much here, but I mean you gotta be willing to take it from the fans/media in NY. I don't want any FA to come here if they don't have thick skin. We don't need another emotional player like shump.

they only made an ECF because of who they play with.

Aw they took it hard? Well maybe if they played up to their potential they'd still be here and we wouldnt be a damn lottery team. **** those sorry *** dudes. Only ones I miss is Prigs and Mozgod.

Last edited:
As much as I don't want JR to win a chip before Melo, I'll be happy for him. I mean I understand why he has bad feelings towards the Knicks. His IG post is spot on. Phil pretty much gave him away for free. I know the NBA is a business and trades/waives happen, but it still hurts. I remember Melo saying in an interview that JR and shump were taking the news hard when they found out they were getting traded. At least they're in a better situation and are playing their correct roles. They were asked to do a bit too much here, but I mean you gotta be willing to take it from the fans/media in NY. I don't want any FA to come here if they don't have thick skin. We don't need another emotional player like shump.

They way they played they thought they were staying? Especially after all the dumb **** JR did last year? We're lucky somebody took them. He ain't shooting 22 3's, going clubbing during the playoffs and untying people's shoes in Cleveland fam. I've always liked JR but son is dumb for that one. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom