2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

What was the point of trading Shump if he was expiring anyway? Was he just a deal sweetener, because it's tough to imagine how anyone would have wanted him :lol: If anything, we could have prayed that he continues to make improvements in his game and do a sign and trade for him at the end of the season, but obviously it's a moot point.

Also a bit shocked that we helped Cleveland take that bum Waiters off their team. Dude was straight up ruining the flow on every offensive possession for them :pimp:

Last edited:
we don't have a draft pick in 2016, you really wanna see another team with a top 5 pick? repeat of joakim noah and lamarcus aldridge becoming stars for their franchise?
We have draft picks past that. I understand everyone wants to win now. I do to. But maybe trying to go all in on Melo just wasn't the thing to do. We have picks in 2017, 2018, and so on. We been bad forever. We either just go all out with the rebuild or cash in with free agents but adding Melo to that kinda throws that off.
i'm good. i have 0 interest in being terrible and letting another team take my lottery pick instead of trying to be good with an established all star in his prime and looking to add talent around him.
I understand that. I'm not happy about it either. I understand the idea behind the plan too. It just has been executed questionably so far.

Protected 1st from OKC?

Okay, that's a lot better. Especially if it can run past 2016.

Clearing cap space and getting the top pick is the best route to go.
You're telling me now that Iman and JR smith is traded , they're assets? Yeah right. They were dead weight.

Tank and get the top pick, and free as much $ to sign players like Greg Monroe, Millsap, Dragic, Affleck etc.

i'm good. i have 0 interest in being terrible and letting another team take my lottery pick instead of trying to be good with an established all star in his prime and looking to add talent around him.

Trying to be good with a "star" got us to the worst record in the league :lol:

You're telling me now that Iman and JR smith is traded , they're assets? Yeah right. They were dead weight.

Yes, they can be. As seen by the first round pick coming back from OKC that Woj is reporting. So much for nobody giving us one.

I won't blindly follow Phil. I need results. And that just made the deal a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:
If we have access to 2 first rounders this year.....bruh. This talent is insane about 15 deep so far. Would love a few stabs at a franchise player.

What happens if the pick is lets say top 20 protected and they end up in the top 20? Does that mean we just dont get the pick ever or does it become next years pick and so forth?

^ look were garbage this year with melo or not... but not signing melo this summer and letting him walk is worse then resigning him... its not guaranteed we can get anyone great this summer werd to 2010... the only thing we can bank on is the lottery but its not even guaranteed we get the top pick or even top 3... look at the cavs last year when they won it... with that being said im not mad at this trade as it was a salary dump but we didnt get anything good in return unless we can definitely snag a first round pick... it would have been nice if we got reggie though...now i just want the knicks to get rid of calderon and the tank can be in full effect

I don't think that season was all due to him though, that team had real veterans and to me that played a huge difference. Even though injuries did hurt that season.

thread moving way too fast 
laugh.gif

If we're lucky the pick keeps rolling over and isn't protected in 2019 or something when KD and Russ are gone.

Back
Top Bottom