2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Y'all don't wanna understand. If we are going to rebuild....we do it all out. That means no Melo, potentially no big free agents in 2015 and just focus on 2016. If that doesn't work, you focus on future drafts. Hopefully you get some valuable pieces if you decided to re-sign Melo and pull a sign and trade and convince a star he can be the man in NY.

It's either or. Can't do both is what Al3xis is getting at.

I remember the heat being a piece of **** team with wade on it. Enough to get a top draft pick and rebuild.
Wade in his prime and already on a contract, after already making a Finals run and several playoff runs. Slightly different but I will keep it in mind. Lucky for him BronBron and Bosh went to South Beach.

Last edited:

Us thinking we were getting Reggie Jackson was the higjhlight of our season
laugh.gif
Son I was texting everybody
roll.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif

We just saved $7M off the cap by this trade... I think.

Can we get rid of Calderon now?
Damn, won't even give him a chance to do anything?
Not being cynical, y' all my folks, but given the totality of all things considered, we are two- three years away from being about four or fives years away.
This, the franchise just might be stuck until Melo's contract is up

I would just ask the Lakers how cap space and a 'star' is working out for them.

The current deal is fine (aside from holding Shumpert too long/not Phil's fault)- dead weight past it's expiration date, so whatever.

I just have come to the stance that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher not having a clue is in play. That's all. I could be very wrong, I just think based on the last 6 month's - it's definitely in play. Chandler deal was a bust, Early is about to be 24 and who knows if he can play at this level, the other pick is ?...Hardaway JR has regressed, no assets left....Shane Larkin and Quicny Acy are your positives and neither can play on a playoff team.
That stings.
frown.gif
laugh.gif
. There's always Swaggy P
We should sign Omar Cook.
The only thinkg I remember about his is his giant forehead

This thread is poppin tonight 
laugh.gif

So the only way to get rid of Earl was to add Shump? I know that we're getting rid of cap space but I think we could have gotten something better for Shump. Earl's contract wasn't that bad.

I dunno. I mean it's not amazing or anything but I think we are overrating our players. You needed a sweetner to get rid of JR. Shump,was the sweetner. We weren't gonna pay him anyway.

Not getting anything today isn't what bothers me, it's the missed opportunities along the way (obviously not all on Phil). Isola summed it up well on twitter.

Hype they're gone.

Was OD hype when I heard it was 1 st rounder, came back to earth when I heard it's a 2nd.  Either way, JR was my dawg and Shump was my guy too during the origins of the #knickstape era, but both them guys were useless the past 2 years.  Good move all around, should be interesting to see what moves we make at the end of the year and through the draft. 

Cool they're gone, but they actually automatically make the Cavs better. Dudes will know their place under Lebron.

okc gained the most from this trade... they gave up a first rounder which is pretty late in the draft for waiters and its protected also... they really didnt give up much... i just hope phil can move calderon but then again he will use him as an excuse for gasol to sign here... but it didnt work for pau so its gon be tough for marc to go here

Last edited:
Cool they're gone, but they actually automatically make the Cavs better. Dudes will know their place under Lebron.

Lebron is a generational talent. Amazing player. But ive never seen him as a leader. He didnt get waiters to know his place did he? Undermined the coach from day one. Turned bosh and love into spot up shooters.

Wade and pat the rat kept that heat team from imploding. If it was up to lebron, spo would have been fired in the first two months

Ill wait and see how it plays out. I could see JR being stupid bored and acting up

Forget Marc. What's his reason to join us?

Adding Waiters means less shots for KD

Back
Top Bottom