2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

this season is done... toast... buried... and I mean BEFORE this trade.

so...

1) Iʻm glad we didn't get anything to help our W column this year out of that trade. We need the #1 pick, and this trade helped us do that.

2) We cleared $$ for next season. Yes, the glamorous free agent names are not out there, but I donʻt think thatʻs what Phil is after. Melo is the anchor, itʻs about finding the pieces that fit.

3) In my humble opinion there are 3 things needed to look forward to for possible turnaround if are a struggling franchise - a top draft pick, $$ to spend, and a current all star on your roster. Check, Check, and Check :nthat:

I may be from Hawaii, but I am a Knicks fan till I die and would give my left one to attend my first Knicks game in person 8)

Wasn't expecting to wake up to this trade. Shocked we dealt Shump and JR so easy, Although probably for the best.

2nd round draft pick doe :smh:

:rofl:

I want Afflalo on this team next season. Good, efficent, 2 way player and can be a legit 16 & 6 guy.

But seriously wish they trade Melo for something decent. Dude is a scrub and no matter who you put around him he will never win. He can shoot lights out but that's not enough to win. Get someone that can lead.

I would just ask the Lakers how cap space and a 'star' is working out for them.

The current deal is fine (aside from holding Shumpert too long/not Phil's fault)- dead weight past it's expiration date, so whatever.

I just have come to the stance that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher not having a clue is in play. That's all. I could be very wrong, I just think based on the last 6 month's - it's definitely in play. Chandler deal was a bust, Early is about to be 24 and who knows if he can play at this level, the other pick is ?...Hardaway JR has regressed, no assets left....Shane Larkin and Quicny Acy are your positives and neither can play on a playoff team.

That aint even fair. Melo just turned 30, and Kobe was 35 and coming off career ending injuries for anyone else.

I get your argument, though. If youre going to tank, then go all the way, but we have limited picks. No big free agents are going to another team without a star, unless you're the best player on the planet eg Lebby.

Fisher went on to say that he doesn't think the Knicks are finished making moves.

"I don't think this is the end of this process," Fisher told reporters. "Although right now we're losing some pieces I'm hopeful that our front office is still being very aggressive to try to add some guys that can help us build this team going forward."

:smokin

Last edited:
In all honesty though...Phil probably did think we could sneak into the playoffs with the east being so weak. You don't trade for Calderon and Dalembert just to waive one of them later. He overestimated the players ability to pick up on the Triangle I think.

Now fortunately he has more than enough sense to rectify his mistake. We aren't tanking we truly suck so wipe the slate almost clean again and move onto plan b. I'll give him more time before I condemn him completely.

I said moves would be made by the new year, phil was just waiting to see if things would change & it didnt so he pulled the trigger

Its a shame clowns want melo traded too :smh:

I ain't mad at the trade, cause it's been said that we suck! Something had to be done. In the weak *** east, to be sooooo far below .500 is crazy.

J.R. was probably excited about all-star weekend too.
I was thinking this also 
laugh.gif

Oh my goodness, I never thought about MSG Go. Thank you!

I understand why we get rid of JR Smith's contract. Why do we trade Shumpert? Surely, he will be a restricted free agent this summer. I believe we can get a good return for Shump. To be honest, I think Phil could have done better. It's really sad that we dealt JR and Shump for just a second round pick and trade exception. All three scrubs are expected to be waived. I wish both JR and Iman all the best. How the heck did the Cavaliers get Shump, JR and a first round pick (it doesn't matter if it's a low first round pick. a first round pick is a first round) for a chucker who doesn't play defense?

if we cant move jose then the chandler trade really was a waste... he was the only player who played defense now look at our team... and his contract expired and feltons contract wasnt that bad im sure he could be moved easy... now its like we're tanking because we just suck and if we dont get the top 3 pick it really was a waste of time :smh:

Cavs didn't really get that much better. They replaced waiters w/ JR. both head cases. We weren't getting anything for Shump. He's a scrub who can't stay healthy right now. Didn't even think we'd be able to move JR. We dodged his player option next year. I'm def. fine w/ it. Respect the tank. Whether we are trying to lose or not. We're losing. So Imma call it a tank.

if we cant move jose then the chandler trade really was a waste... he was the only player who played defense now look at our team... and his contract expired and feltons contract wasnt that bad im sure he could be moved easy... now its like we're tanking because we just suck and if we dont get the top 3 pick it really was a waste of time :smh:

Tyson Chandler had no effect on us losing this year. We'd be losing w/ him & he'd be calling everyone who lives in NY out for the losses.

Back
Top Bottom