2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Listening to Shane Larkin's presser. Sounds just like Big Sean :lol:

Amar'e's knee finally give out? He's missed a lot of time and they're not saying much, sounds like the old Knicks.

Let's waive Bargs too.

Last edited:
phil helps mj kobe shaq win rings now he's helping lebron 
mean.gif

u know damn well jr and shump are gonna prove their worth more than a ******* second round pick. just like chandler is proving he's worth more than the garbage we got for him.  

if we cant move jose then the chandler trade really was a waste... he was the only player who played defense now look at our team... and his contract expired and feltons contract wasnt that bad im sure he could be moved easy... now its like we're tanking because we just suck and if we dont get the top 3 pick it really was a waste of time :smh:

Truth be told, Chandler wouldve been traded at this point if he was on this years team.

Its a shame clowns want melo traded too :smh:

Laughable

Tyson Chandler had no effect on us losing this year. We'd be losing w/ him & he'd be calling everyone who lives in NY out for the losses.

It's almost as if people are conveniently forgetting that he quit on us and then had the nerve to speak out like he was actually carrying his own weight on the court. Let's not forget it was probably the only way to rid ourselves of Felton as well

Phil sabotaging Cleveland from within :pimp:

Someone needs to PS the screen on the Melo pic with us getting blown out or showing the standings :rofl:

Ay since we all stopped watching we should start a team NYK book/movie club or something with our extra free time this season :lol:

I can't get with the 'well, he sucked anyway' line of thinking with JR, Iman and Tyson when they had value at points here and there during the past few years. You could have found value at point A, B or C. Yet we found our way here, with nothing but empty space. It's not easy to handle those situations - I don't have the answers on when or how things should have been done- but it's why the front office is paid millions of dollars to do their job.

What about letting Tyson get healthy and integrating him into a new culture and system and moving his expiring deal at this point of the season instead of dumping him in the summer and getting stuck with Calderon? It's laughable that Calderon was viewed as a system fit who could make the team better and Dalembert was some type of equal to Tyson.

FO botched that trade and it looks like the 2 picks that came with it.

Just once I'd like to see this franchise TELL US what their LONG-TERM vision is. Not **** it up and then have to circle around and then do it. Don't tell me we're a playoff team in October and then plan things out for the summer of 2016 three months later. Commit to something and see it out. I HOPE they do that now but I'd like to hear it for reassurance.

Donnie Walsh did it once and wasn't allowed to see it out. One time in 15 years we had a plan. As fans, we invest too much time and money to be given the run around like the Knicks give us an annual basis.

I have little faith. He took the job with a hand picked coach in mind...that he didn't close the deal with. He thought we would be a playoff team and wanted Melo to opt-in for his final year (Melo fans should be relieved he didn't fall for that)...and now we're full on tanking. I've seen little of a singular vision with a finish-line given to us. Nothing has gone by plan. So what IS the plan? It's the draft? Better hit on this years pick, because you don't have on in '16. Is it Free Agency? This summer? Next Summer? Collecting assets for a trade (we have no more assets aside from this years pick, so..)?

We're entitled to know what the end game here is. That's my frustration.

Saying "We are going to rebuild" in NYC isnt good for business eg Yankees and Mets. Personally, I dont care to know the "plan" because plans always change. I just know this team was ****** up as soon as Grunfeld and Checketts left and want it fixed.

can't do a clean rebuild either when you're gonna lose a lottery pick in 2016 if you do rebuild all the way. really only a 1 year window to suck and rebound.

I dont care to know the "plan" because plans always change

That's true, but why is the plan changing? It's a system that had failed what was the current roster coupled with a bad personnel move this summer. That reflects on them poorly..so..

I'm concerned the leadership never had one to begin with. Other than being fully committed to a system that requires finding specific players; ruling out others in a sport that has the shallowest talent pool in all of pro sports.

Just tell me this went the wrong way off the bat and now it's time to clean it up, not the BS about finding the 'right fits' for an offensive system.

Last edited:
Hate to beat a dead horse but the franchise has not been the same since JVG left and riley did make a difference here except for game 7 in the finals :smh:

phil helps mj kobe shaq win rings now he's helping lebron :smh:

u know damn well jr and shump are gonna prove their worth more than a ******* second round pick. just like chandler is proving he's worth more than the garbage we got for him.  

It's not about proving their worth. Nobody wants to play on a trash team. Why would you go out and put your body on the line everyday giving 100%? You know the team is headed nowhere. It's not that Tyson couldn't play he probably felt their was no point. He basically tanked to get the hell out of there. Went to tittle contender and is playing 100%.

My opinions on a few things:
  • Cool to see Paul Pierce acknowledge what a lot of us have said about Melo. He's a nightmare matchup. But one of my great pains in life as a Knicks fan will be that we never really got to stick it to Paul Pierce. He's trolled us for years and now it seems like he'll ride out the rest of his career comfortably before we get another shot to wipe that f'n smirk off his face.
  • I'm with @Al3xis  in regards to Phil Jackson. It seems like he's learning on the fly and winging it. I thought he was a tad overrated as a coach and I'm not at all sold on him as an exec. Also, I never liked Derrick Fisher and him becoming the Knicks coach was very bittersweet for me. My patience with him isn't great but it's not time to be calling for his head just yet.
  • The trade isn't a great one. We definitely should've gotten more value but once again the aura of the Knicks allows other teams to get over on us. I'll be glad to start over next year though. We've got to be all-in on a reboot.
  • I'm going to miss JR a bit but he definitely had to go. The Knicks calling card has been inconsistency. To change this you have to let go of inconsistent players. JR's a character who will never live up to the talents he possesses. I enjoyed him when he played well, and sometimes even when he wasn't playing well. I think he might actually end up working out for Cleveland.
  • I'm not going to miss Shump. He never gave me the impression that he really wanted it. Always seemed to be content wallowing in mediocrity. With all of THJr's faults you can't say that he doesn't go hard. If we're being real with ourselves Shump's defense has been overrated ever since he locked up an ailing D Wade in the playoffs. He never progressed defensively, and offensively he's just not talented or dynamic enough. His ceiling is Shane Battier light. That's not worth what he'll want and honestly a prospect of keeping him, even for less, didn't excite me. Good riddance.

It's not about proving their worth. Nobody wants to play on a trash team. Why would you go out and put your body on the line everyday giving 100%? You know the team is headed nowhere. It's not that Tyson couldn't play he probably felt their was no point. He basically tanked to get the hell out of there. Went to tittle contender and is playing 100%.
all I'm saying is we could have gotten much better for guys that have proven to be contributors on good teams 

feel like if we could've we would've. not many teams were knocking down the door to trade for any of these guys...

all I'm saying is we could have gotten much better for guys that have proven to be contributors on good teams 

What they are worth now isn't what they were worth when traded.

Lastly I wanted to add JR was never going to strive in a place like NYC. The headcase he is added with all the distractions this city brings it was never going to end well. Unless you have work ethic and discipline like Kobe it's gonna be real hard to stay focused for a player in NYC.

That's true, but why is the plan changing? It's a system that had failed what was the current roster coupled with a bad personnel move this summer. That reflects on them poorly..so..

I'm concerned the leadership never had one to begin with. Other than being fully committed to a system that requires finding specific players; ruling out others in a sport that has the shallowest talent pool in all of pro sports.

Just tell me this went the wrong way off the bat and now it's time to clean it up, not the BS about finding the 'right fits' for an offensive system.

I feel you on everything stated. The leadership was always an issue, that's why I didnt want Billups amnestied (I dont think he wanted to be here IMO). I wish they would be more transparent with the "ins and outs", but we are talking about the Knicks here. JVG couldnt take a leak by himself.

My opinions on a few things:

• I'm not going to miss Shump. He never gave me the impression that he really wanted it. Always seemed to be content wallowing in mediocrity. With all of THJr's faults you can't say that he doesn't go hard. If we're being real with ourselves Shump's defense has been overrated ever since he locked up an ailing D Wade in the playoffs. He never progressed defensively, and offensively he's just not talented or dynamic enough. His ceiling is Shane Battier light. That's not worth what he'll want and honestly a prospect of keeping him, even for less, didn't excite me. Good riddance.

THIS!

Shout out to all the loyal Knicks fan. Y'all been been garbage and still rocking with them. Traded their best player next to melo for nothing. Sad. Y'all are going to be garbage now. Phil ain't gonna do squat. Hes not the coach. Sad to see Jr go. Now he can really flourish. Jr swish gonna be in full effect

Back
Top Bottom