2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

only reason we got stat was because we were the only team dumb enough to give him a max contract and there was a decent core. you need something to attract people. there's barely anything decent on this team aside from timmy and melo.

I just want to get something decent in return in a trade to put next to melo...is that too much to ask for [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Y'all don't wanna understand. If we are going to rebuild....we do it all out. That means no Melo, potentially no big free agents in 2015 and just focus on 2016. If that doesn't work, you focus on future drafts. Hopefully you get some valuable pieces if you decided to re-sign Melo and pull a sign and trade and convince a star he can be the man in NY.

It's either or. Can't do both is what Al3xis is getting at.

we don't have a draft pick in 2016, you really wanna see another team with a top 5 pick? repeat of joakim noah and lamarcus aldridge becoming stars for their franchise?

Bobby Shmurda wouldnt help the tank. He's a RFA and I doubt OKC will pay him. If our organization wants him that bad they'll pay him in the summer. Which i hope they dont.

Last edited:
Melo is still in his prime how is that a bad contract, plus they got amare & bargs on expiring contracts

Because he thinks that we were better off not trading for Melo and shouldve let him walk. That transaction was and is still debatable. Anyway, it doesnt even matter. The Knicks needed to resign Melo whether you like him as a player or not, he's probably the most gifted scorer in the league. IMO you dont let that walk.

The fact is that Phil was dealt a bad hand, and I dont know the "ins and outs" of the managerial aspect of the league, but I do know it's very dynamic. Besides we dont know what's going to happen. For all we know Calderon and Bargs are next.

EDIT:

Letting Melo walk and having that cap space doesnt wont help anything, the Knicks arent getting Lebron. Lebron is the only player on the planet that could turn a team into an immediate title contender, regardless who's on the team.

Last edited:
we don't have a draft pick in 2016, you really wanna see another team with a top 5 pick? repeat of joakim noah and lamarcus aldridge becoming stars for their franchise?
We have draft picks past that. I understand everyone wants to win now. I do to. But maybe trying to go all in on Melo just wasn't the thing to do. We have picks in 2017, 2018, and so on. We been bad forever. We either just go all out with the rebuild or cash in with free agents but adding Melo to that kinda throws that off.

I would just ask the Lakers how cap space and a 'star' is working out for them.

The current deal is fine (aside from holding Shumpert too long/not Phil's fault)- dead weight past it's expiration date, so whatever.

I just have come to the stance that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher not having a clue is in play. That's all. I could be very wrong, I just think based on the last 6 month's - it's definitely in play. Chandler deal was a bust, Early is about to be 24 and who knows if he can play at this level, the other pick is ?...Hardaway JR has regressed, no assets left....Shane Larkin and Quicny Acy are your positives and neither can play on a playoff team.

Last edited:
And I cosign on the need the sign melo. Only lure for free agents which it seems we will have the cap space to sign this offseason

How's the Laker's front office functioning/trying to make moves? Exactly. Phil's doing something at least.

We have draft picks past that. I understand everyone wants to win now. I do to. But maybe trying to go all in on Melo just wasn't the thing to do. We have picks in 2017, 2018, and so on. We been bad forever. We either just go all out with the rebuild or cash in with free agents but adding Melo to that kinda throws that off.
i'm good. i have 0 interest in being terrible and letting another team take my lottery pick instead of trying to be good with an established all star in his prime and looking to add talent around him.

We just saved $7M off the cap by this trade... I think.

Can we get rid of Calderon now?

Last edited:
Not being cynical, y' all my folks, but given the totality of all things considered, we are two- three years away from being about four or fives years away.

I'd trade JR Smith for a bag of air balloons and some gum. Phil pulling off the impossible!!! :wow:

Get those expiring contracts! Hope we get another 1st too.

JR it's been real, PEACE!!!

I would just ask the Lakers how cap space and a 'star' is working out for them.

The current deal is fine (aside from holding Shumpert too long/not Phil's fault)- dead weight past it's expiration date, so whatever.

I just have come to the stance that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher not having a clue is in play. That's all. I could be very wrong, I just think based on the last 6 month's - it's definitely in play. Chandler deal was a bust, Early is about to be 24 and who knows if he can play at this level, the other pick is ?...Hardaway JR has regressed, no assets left....Shane Larkin and Quicny Acy are your positives and neither can play on a playoff team.
That stings. :frown:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 3m 3 minutes ago
Oklahoma City is sending a protected future first-round pick to the New York Knicks, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I didn't think this team could get worse but it just did. Wish THJR and Jose were going too.

I'd trade JR Smith for a bag of air balloons and some gum. Phil pulling off the impossible!!! :wow:

Get those expiring contracts! Hope we get another 1st too.

JR it's been real, PEACE!!!

Balloons, I said trade either, or both of them at some point for a 2000 Kia Sephia LS and white fudge covered Oreos.

Back
Top Bottom