2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

all kinds of misinformation being tweeted out there 
laugh.gif

For cap relief and a trade exception? That's it? If that's the case..

This franchise sat on Shumpert for so damn long they end up with NOTHING for him. LOL.

Then..we give Melo a gazzilion dollars while we flame out and now go full tank mode. You might as well sell him off and finally start from scratch again.

Phil Jackson turned Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert and JR Smith into.....2 second round picks? I can't put the same amount of faith in him as some of you at this point.

I was optimistic but he has shown he didn't have a plan when he showed up and is just now heading in a direction....problem is...there is a guy making 100 millions dollars into his mid 30's on the roster.

This franchise sat on Shumpert for so damn long they end up with NOTHING for him. LOL.

Then..we give Melo a gazzilion dollars while we flame out and now go full tank mode. You might as well sell him off and finally start from scratch again.

Phil Jackson turned Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert and JR Smith into.....2 second round picks? I can't put the same amount of faith in him as some of you at this point.

I was optimistic but he has shown he didn't have a plan when he showed up and is just now heading in a direction....problem is...there is a guy making 100 millions dollars into his mid 30's on the roster.
Haven't seen that name in a while.

Can't dispute what you're saying, buy I will say I'm glad we're going all in on the tank.

Nobody is giving a first rounder for Tyson, Shump, or JR.

not buying that all we get is a second rounder

shump lost his trade value a year and a half ago when grunwald was here.

I honestly never **** on players on their way out but Shump was a colossal failure. Gave him plenty of time to get healthy. He was getting burned nearly every single play on defense. On offense almost completely worthless.

I'm cool with the moves if true( like to see what the return is), but I'm not overly happy because this is what we all expected Phil to do, get out his broom and clean house a little. Cool.

We had our chances to move Shump. He lost even more value this year.

If we're not getting players in return then it might be Greek Freek 2.0 time

Nobody is giving a first rounder for Tyson, Shump, or JR.

Not asking for one. Phil tried to get cute and find a system fit with Calderon - now we're stuck with his deal for 2 years more than what Tyson's would have been (this year). Because...remember this?

"We believe that we're going to be a playoff team and then we don't know how far we'll be able to go," Jackson said Friday. "We're hoping for the best."

Didn't work okay...We've embraced the tank now so JR and Iman - even if expiring next year- is whatever.

But To me, it's become apparent Phil didn't have a vision - short or long term- when he took the job. He got caught in between and now can't maximize a full on rebuild without a couple hang ups that could have been avoided from the start.

ANY GM/President could have tore this thing down. He's doing that, but not until he ponied up for Melo and added an additional bad contract. Poor job. There's no way around it for me.

Last edited:
Shump was never the same on defense after the injury. Lets be real.

Im fine with the tank mode. JR was supposed to be untradeable why would anyone expect anyone good?

i don't see how bringing back melo is a mistake. who will you attract to come in as free agents with him not on the roster?

dude doesn't even play a physical brand of basketball. he'll age well, i'm not even worried about his health over the duration of this contract.

Back
Top Bottom