2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Was just about to come in a post this^^^^, I was driving into work and heard this, I hope it isn't true, but apparently Melo would drop the no trade clause and leave if Phil could pull off a trade. Now, this was according to Berman from the NY Post, I don't know how reliable this guy is because I don't follow NY media( live in Texas), but if this is true so many feelings and emotions right now.

This dude just what 5 months ago swore by New York, "he wants to win here, bring a title back, etc..." and now this. Never mind how we all sort of overlooked his Chicago D-riding and talking about how he almost signed there, he chose NY, twice. He forced his way to the Knicks, they basically had to move anything that wasn't nailed down to get him when all he had to do was wait it out, then he became a free agent in NY, still talking about Chicago. Absolutely crazy. Now he would be open for a trade. Nah man, that's bs. If he is traded who and what do you get for him, and any team in real contention probably can't afford his contract, that sounds like a move the Knicks would do to get a Carmelo, then he may or may not need knee surgery, the season is all kinds of throwed. I was hesitant before but now I fully embrace the tank, and if Melo is traded, we tank for real, I hope he never wins a thing. Ever. Have fun with that one patch on your all-star warm up.

But I'll give respect where it is due, it was a rather brilliant move by Melo if it works. He gets his money, and he gets to win(maybe), very shrewd move.

God forbid some of us were willing to think outside the box...that's all some cats were trying to say.

Multiple options fellas. If Melo can have them why couldn't the front office.

Last edited:
If he was really smart this clown would've signed the Lebron deal (2 years) and got more money when the new CBA was implemented. I guess he wasn't confident enough in his abilities though

Melo is about that $ now. One championship here is worth more than one in Chicago for him.
But ^ you're right he should have taken a LeBron type deal if he was wise. Or maybe his knee was bothering him back then and he kept it to himself?

Last edited:
I'm out of this thread

tumblr_ngch38sGz31qzucdqo1_500.gif

Quoted again for what is happening right now lol damn

I'm doing ok watching the flash and forgetting about the knicks

cue the quote about people from baltimore don't turn down money. he's always been about the bread hence why he forced his way here to make an extra 10 mill before the lockout. there's too much money for him to make off the court in ny than other places, except maybe LA.

Isn't Berman reporting this? I think it's just him trying to fabricate a story, but you never know.

If Melo leaves, go win a ring. I'll be rooting for you.

Melo has a trade kicker in his contract too. Gets a lump sum of $17.5 million if a trade were too happen if I'm understanding it correctly. I know we have a capologist lurking in here somewhere :lol:

99.9% chance it doesn't happen but it is something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Isn't Berman reporting this? I think it's just him trying to fabricate a story, but you never know.

If Melo leaves, go win a ring. I'll be rooting for you.
yeah barman is like a 10 year old trying to get his parents' attention.

Melo has a trade kicker in his contract too. Gets a lump sum of $17.5 million if a trade were too happen if I'm understanding it correctly. I know we have a capologist lurking in here somewhere :lol:

99.9% chance it doesn't happen but it is something to keep in mind.
well if true that makes complete sense why he's open to it :lol: get that money

Melo isn't a leader. But at the same time you can win with Melo as your #1 scoring option. But I realized he may need a PG with a similar leadership like. Rondo, CP3, Derek Fisher.

Melo for Josh Smith + Greg Monroe + 1 first round pick, 2 second round picks.

Then flip Josh Smith for some assets

Last edited:
I like to see something actually happen before I feel a certain way about it.

& I kinda hate when ppl say you can't win w/ Melo being your #1 option when he's pretty much been the ONLY option for a good portion of his career. Especially in NY.

someone woke melo up early this morning- "yo melo they talking about you on twitter b"

melo called his rep to squash it before it got out of hand

Last edited:
This Melo rumor was inevitable, but I didn't see it coming until around the all star break. :lol:

Trade Melo for Keith Bogans and some picks.

Trade Melo for Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, and some Mormon girls

Back
Top Bottom