2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I'm with the tank, but there are no guarantees we get KD and Westbrook.

We can get Johnny Flynn and Wesley Johnson.
Agreed for sure. I rather take this chance though than just sit there as the 8th or 7th seed and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

I'm all for the tank, of course. Build, Build, BUILD.

But there is no way we get KD or Westbrook or any other superstar in 2016. Don't turn this into 2010 "LeBron is coming to NY" again. That's why since I say we're going to rebuild, rebuild it right. Put Melo on the block and see what you can get. His value is not going to increase after surgery, or the more he gets older. (face the facts)

Look at the Warriors right now, core of all their talent was drafted in the past 5 years.

and there's no guarantee you draft a good core. how many teams try to do that and fail? you've got a great piece in melo why would you trade him to gamble on something? keep melo and take your chances on piecing together a competent team around him. he's not the problem his supporting cast is. you really wanna sit here and wait 5-10 years before we're good? we don't even have a draft pick in 2016.

and there's no guarantee you draft a good core. how many teams try to do that and fail? you've got a great piece in melo why would you trade him to gamble on something? keep melo and take your chances on piecing together a competent team around him. he's not the problem his supporting cast is. you really wanna sit here and wait 5-10 years before we're good? we don't even have a draft pick in 2016.

Agree to Disagree.

I've already been waiting 15 years for us to be good. Another two-three years of tearing it down and rebuilding won't bother me much. It'll bother me a lot more if we're still stuck paying "superstar" money to Melo 2-3 years from now then going 4-20 to start the season. That'll piss me off.

I'm looking forward to reading additional chapters to his book regarding his Knicks tenure as the President in the future. Good or bad.

I really dont believe this team is officially tanking yet, so getting a top 3 pick is definitely a pipe dream right now. I also think the pick will be traded.

not interested in trading a top 3 pick unless its for durant.

i rather gamble this pick turns into an all star and sign someone or two people in free agency to round things out. trading the pick is too shortsighted.

not interested in trading a top 3 pick unless its for durant.

i rather gamble this pick turns into an all star and sign someone or two people in free agency to round things out. trading the pick is too shortsighted.

What if the pick was in the 5-10 range?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom