2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

NY sports media needs to come up with something new to speculate and sensationalize when their teams are losing. Got the weak rumor of firing Coughlin on the Giants, the Jets are a cluster**** and Rex is on his way out, the Nets are still the 2nd team so can't hate on them for being a 8th seed, hockey doesn't have that crossover fan appeal, etc.

Dudes literally regurgitating old news and giving it a new spin. It's like dudes would rather the days of Dolan's media gag order than deal with PJ's plan and acceptance that the team wasn't going to be all that good this season.

I just hope some of these players and coaches and Phil himself call out these reporters when the team is good again.
View media item 1302612

At least me and Howard Beck both want Afflalo as our starting 2 guard.

I mean even Kendrick said Afflalo was the only leader for seeing brighter tomorrow, that's exactly what we need, a brighter tomorrow !

But on a serious note, I'm not trying to keep Calderon, he's low key injury prone.

I want to add Jahlil Okafor, Dragic, Afflalo, either M. Gasol or Greg Monroe. If we miss out on two of any of those then I'll like to go after P. Millsap.
Keep Dalembert as the backup center for cheap.
Get rid of any two of the three. THJR, JR Smith, Shumpert.

I think we should pull the JR for Copeland offer to shed that $6M off
our cap next offseason . And possibly keep Copeland for cheap too.
he was the one to follow.  

but yea I'm kinda with you on calderon.  i know he's the last person on this roster i should be speaking negatively about right now (aside from Pablo) but just watch him on defense sometimes.  love the shooting but I'm pretty sure a jv guard could give him double digits

Last edited:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rd-affect-free-agency-for-the-new-york-knicks
Losing is a lousy way to attract free agents, but New York isn't a hopeless franchise located in the middle of nowhere.

Playing for the Knicks offers enough amenities to rationalize talent taking on the challenge that comes along with New York's horrible record.

There are immense business opportunities to build a brand that few cities offer like New York. And more importantly, as Ian O'Connor of ESPNNewYork.com put it, in regards to winning a championship with the Knicks, "Someone, at some point, will end this biblical basketball drought in New York, and that man will be lionized forever."

Becoming a champion in New York is a legendary feat that will never be forgotten in sports lore.

Business Ventures

With New York being the financial capital of the world, any athlete looking to create a brand and further his business off the court would be foolish to not consider taking his chances as a member of the Knicks.

TWEET
Via Fred Kerber of the NY Post, Carmelo Anthony said the following, “I want to brand myself as the digital athlete...At the end of the day, we all know what’s my day job: basketball. That’s what my brand is built on, but I’m trying to take my brand to the next level, make it bigger, make it stronger."

Kerber also added, "And there is no better place to start up a venture capital firm than New York," as Anthony claimed.

For an athlete looking to expand his net-worth beyond his salary and endorsement deals, living in New York is the premiere place to do so.

If the Losing Continues

Jonathan Bachman/Associated Press
Reversing fortunes on this dismal season isn't likely so if the losses keep piling up, the Knicks will be in decent shape to have a chance at a top-3 draft pick.

Only two teams have a record worse than New York: the Detroit Pistons and Philadelphia 76ers.

If the Knicks are fortunate enough to draft first, second or third overall, the franchise would be positioned to add a franchise caliber player to its roster without trading away assets or ruining its cap space.

TWEET
One of Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns or Emmanuel Mudiay would be tremendous fits for the Knicks moving forward. And more importantly, adding a young piece like one of those three men to New York's current core will make the team appealing to free agents.

Playing alongside Carmelo Anthony and one of these youngsters could be enough to entice someone to take the chance at building something special in New York.

Cap Space

At the moment, via ShamSports.com, the Knicks will have $41.4 million committed for the 2015-16 season. If the franchise dumps J.R. Smith's salary, another six million could be freed up.

With the salary cap potentially rising to $66.5 million, via CBAFAQ.com, New York will have about $25 million at its disposal.

The Knicks could potentially add Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo or Robin Lopez and Goran Dragic. New York will also have Iman Shumpert as a restricted free agent and Shump could be included in a sign and trade deal to add further depth to the organization.

Who Should the Knicks Pursue?
Greg Monroe
Goran Dragic
Arron Aflalo
Robin Lopez
Other
SUBMIT VOTE vote to see results
A perfect storm of a top-3 draft pick plus two very good free agents will have the 2014-15 record look like an anomaly. Although the Knicks do not have a bevy of talent on its roster, New York possesses a decent cast of role players that can put this franchise on the right track with a great draft pick and a couple of favorable signings.

Tim Hardaway Jr., Quincy Acy, Cleanthony Early and Shane Larkin are young athletes with enough talent to be solid glue guys and contributors for a long time on a winning team.

Prospective free agents will need to disregard the struggles of this season and see the bigger picture. Playing with Anthony, potentially a rookie with franchise talent and New York's current role players will lead to many promising seasons.

Winning a championship with the Knicks automatically cements the legacy of its players and casts each man into an echelon of immortality.

Carmelo been passing. Averaging like 24 points and his shot attempts are his lowest they've been.

Look at Melo passin
laugh.gif
he's fed up

shump can't dunk no more :smh:

what's good with all the hustle :lol:

jesus christ, shump is the scarecrow now ....

Back
Top Bottom