2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

A source confirmed an ESPN report that Anthony, along with several other Knicks, is frustrated in the triangle offense which is the preferred system of rookie head coach Derek Fisher. Coincidentally, Phil Jackson’s first choice to coach the Knicks, Steve Kerr, is not running the triangle with the Golden State Warriors, who own the best record in the NBA and have won their last 13 games.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...anthony-facing-surgery-knee-article-1.2040575

This is why I hate Isola sometimes. They won 50 games last year and kept the same team. :lol:

Damn. Ya'll turning on him already?

Ya'll went so hard for him this past summer.

Half of this thread wanted to get rid of him when we won 50+ games. **** isn't new. This thread is a joke.
A joke because some of us think that there was another way to build the squad aside from it being Melo centered? I mean he's here so that's it and if he wants to change then he'll work towards it but bruh who says that he was the only way to success?

A source confirmed an ESPN report that Anthony, along with several other Knicks, is frustrated in the triangle offense which is the preferred system of rookie head coach Derek Fisher. Coincidentally, Phil Jackson’s first choice to coach the Knicks, Steve Kerr, is not running the triangle with the Golden State Warriors, who own the best record in the NBA and have won their last 13 games.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...anthony-facing-surgery-knee-article-1.2040575

This is why I hate Isola sometimes. They won 50 games last year and kept the same team. :lol:

Yeah, I like Isola, his jokes are funny as **** but come on. This team won over 50 last year in the west. That team is winning 60+ this season if they're in the East and Mark Jackson or Derek Fisher is coaching.

Half of this thread wanted to get rid of him when we won 50+ games. **** isn't new. This thread is a joke.
A joke because some of us think that there was another way to build the squad aside from it being Melo centered? I mean he's here so that's it and if he wants to change then he'll work towards it but bruh who says that he was the only way to success?

Civil War time I guess.....yeah, this thread is a ******* joke. Half of this thread thought we should keep Jeremy ******* Lin over Carmelo Anthony. Lin MIGHT even be out of the league next year he's so bad. Kobe treating him worse than Carmelo treats Timmy.

Civil War time I guess.....yeah, this thread is a ******* joke. Half of this thread thought we should keep Jeremy ******* Lin over Carmelo Anthony. Lin MIGHT even be out of the league next year he's so bad. Kobe treating him worse than Carmelo treats Timmy.
Son ain't nobody said they wanted Lin over Melo, or at least not half of us now you just getting carried away :lol:

melo's been slow this year and if his lack of urgency has anything to do with his knee, he minaswell get surgerized for next season

i could see jr and shumpert carted off. possibly even timmy though i'd be ok if he stayed

yeah i don't remember people choosing lin over melo in this thread. i'm sure it as was said in jest

i see they're talking about the knicks in the nba thread. gonna have to go in there and cut some people

You're over exaggerating because you're a Melo Stan. Take a breath and don't mention Jeremy Lin again, stay on topic, stay focused.

This thread should not be considered a joke to say Melo should go on the trading block, it should be considered a wise basketball discussion. Besides Dolan getting money selling out seats and jerseys because Melo is in NY, you cannot come up with one good reason why Melo on the trading block shouldn't be evaluated.

Last edited:
I'm koo with melo eating twinkies again.

As long as we got Melo we will never win a ring, Melo will never win a NBA title EVER!!!

1. No Carmelo stan. Best player on our team and the best player we've had in years. We should trade our best player?

2. Cats don't recall that L train that came through here when Lin went on that little run. I was one of the few that was saying the whole time, it was a "Tim Tebow" run. All luck. There were PLENTY of people in here saying we can't trade Lin, gotta keep him. Carmelo can go.

Melo should just get surgery and sit out rest of season cause honestly speaking If he plays or not we aren't going to get into playoffs or make a run at anything in my opinion.. Only highlight for him would be playing All Star Game at MSG this year and that's about it

I wanted to keep him to attract Marc Gasol and someone else. The way Memphis is playing, his ties to the organization and the area growing up, he's not going anywhere. I still think it's too early to talk trading Melo.

Even surgery talk might be premature since we're still taking Ls anyways it won't really effect the tank. Might as well have our best player get familiar with our offensive system while we take Ls.

Last edited:
its a joke to say melo should be traded for what? how ar you gonna build a team and attract free agents when they have no one to play with? you guys are delusional sometimes. if you were trading melo it should've been last year.
Trying to trade Melo now is yes, farfetched. I'm saying that the idea in general of potentially moving Melo wasn't something to scoff at just because his name is Carmelo Anthony. I mean yeah Melo is a name people like to see but so far our track record with him hasn't been good. Considering trading him prior to this season isn't "delusional" you need to consider all your options. Melo wasn't the end all be all. You build though the draft and free agency...if NY is the hot spot we think it is people would've came regardless, no?

Melo is all we got so trading him away right now isn't a wise decision because who are we honestly going to build around? Who will we have to attract future free agents to come play for Knicks If any? Plus we don't even have a 2016 1st round pick so we better make the 2015 draft pick count 

Last edited:
Players would be more inclinded to go to Memphis to play with Marc rather than Melo

Don't see anyone wanting to play with Melo except LBJ, but that ain't happening.

Back
Top Bottom