2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I'm just saying its a lose lose situation.

Like seriously, even when Amare plays well he's a neutral value at best. He holds the ball too long, and needs a bunch of touches to score 12-14 points. We can do better man...and as far as I'm concerned Bargs isn't even a Knick.

caldy and bargs to debut on sunday I read. I feel that if the sixers win, I wouldn't be at all surprised

Very long article on Melo, the perception people have about him and what he wants to do to change it:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

It's an interesting read. Part of me understands what he's trying to do. I also feel like basketball isn't what he wants to be known for, primarily because he feels that it isn't in his favor. He's insecure and probably doesn't believe himself he's ever going to win. Sometimes I feel the same way about his career too. Money is his desire, he came here to boost his brand image and I can understand wanting to gain as many assets as possible.

Hope he isn't being foolish with his money though. I hate seeing people go broke, athlete or not. In regards to basketball...who knows. Only time will tell, he's made his investment in Phil.

Last edited:
I'm so glad Melo is handling his business off the court. Yay!!

That'll def make me sleep better at night when I dream about getting that number 1 pick.

Let's just hope Melo signed a pre-nup.

Lala makes her own money but don't think she wouldn't want a chunk of Mel's money to.

Derek Jeter did the same thing and he's untouchable. Melo does it and he's a selfish prick.
That's a huge hole to fill as King of NY, "Melo" would be wise to step into that vacancy. For personal gain and financial prosperity.

Hockey takes a back seat to football and basketball. Mets have young arms, but how many average Americans care about Matt Harvey? Eli's status as top-tier QB is highly in question. Jets are essentially rebuilding.

The only difference between Melo and Jeter is that Jeter won multiple championships. Nothing else. Derek Jeter wasnt even the best player on those Yankee teams.

Aint noone touching jeters level as unofficial mayor of nyc. Not even if melo wins a chip here. Jeters character, personality and class are his best qualities not to mention he was a damn good shortstop. Combine that with legendary moments + near flawless public relations and he might as well be given the key to the city.

Melos an amazing ball player but unfortunately it takes a hell of a lot more than great scoring exhibitions to be crowned in nyc. Im ashamed yall even tryna give him the throne. And this is coming from a big Melo fan. Theres another level he needs to take as a leader and as a ball player to be in the same breath as derek jeter in terms of NY sportsmen.

I don't know about Melo's commitment but it's moreso the situations he's been in. They haven't been favorable at all, which affects his on court success. That's why Phil is here, to improve the odds. Some of his comments do sound like he's at his wits end though.

Aint noone touching jeters level as unofficial mayor of nyc. Not even if melo wins a chip here. Jeters character, personality and class are his best qualities not to mention he was a damn good shortstop. Combine that with legendary moments + near flawless public relations and he might as well be given the key to the city.

Melos an amazing ball player but unfortunately it takes a hell of a lot more than great scoring exhibitions to be crowned in nyc. Im ashamed yall even tryna give him the throne. And this is coming from a big Melo fan. Theres another level he needs to take as a leader and as a ball player to be in the same breath as derek jeter in terms of NY sportsmen.

Derek Jeter is to this generation as Mantle was to the past generation. But, if Melo wins a championship to NY it will be bigger than the Yankees. NYC is a basketball town and it isnt even close.

Derek Jeter is to this generation as Mantle was to the past generation. But, if Melo wins a championship to NY it will be bigger than the Yankees. NYC is a basketball town and it isnt even close.

Agreed.

A Brooklyn born kid brings the Mecca of Basketball it's 3rd title after a 40+ year drought?

The hype would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
@JerryZgoda: Team says Kevin Martin fractured his wrist midway through Wednesday's first quarter. He went on to score 37, you might remember

:stoneface: :stoneface:

@StevePopper: Asked about overlooking Sixers, who haven't won, Derek Fisher said of Knicks: "We haven't won." #ratingsbonanza

@StevePopper: J.R. working to salvage ratings - "I think that honestly it feels like like we’re in the same boat, so it should be an action-packed game."

Agreed.

A Brooklyn born kid brings the Mecca of Basketball it's 3rd title after a 40+ year drought?

The hype would be ridiculous.

Been saying this for the longest

Back
Top Bottom