2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Derek Fisher, the dude basically known for hitting 3s on that Lakers team that led to them beating teams in the playoffs doesn't believe 3s can beat a team? :lol: Just had to point out that ironic hypocrisy.

Any other coach I could understand that method but the problem is the Knicks interior defense sucks as well. If we had lock down clog the pain interior defense I could totally understand us letting dudes take wide open 3s cuz they're forced too but we're not that type of defensive team. We suck.

Last edited:
Derek Fisher, the dude basically known for hitting 3s on that Lakers team that led to them beating teams in the playoffs doesn't believe 3s can't beat a team? :lol: Just had to point out that ironic hypocrisy.

Any other coach I could understand that method but the problem is the Knicks interior defense sucks as well. If we had lock down clog the pain interior defense I could totally understand us letting dudes take wide open 3s cuz they're forced too but we're not that type of defensive team. We suck.

He got that thinking from Phil. He mentions that at times in his book.

I would hate to lose Shump as he is turning it around-ish, I really thought he would be Bruce Bowen like, and if we lost him then I am sure that there is diamond in the rough somewhere languishing on someone's bench.

im tired of the blowouts man. id rather we lost every game by 1 point, than be mediocre and get blown out by crap teams. at least show some effort fellas :rolleyes

I get what Fish is saying though. You can only sustain success from three for so long, hence the phrase live by the three, die by the three. A team is more likely to beat you by exploiting your lack of interior defense, your inability to take care of the basketball and so on.

The Knicks are just that bad that all three kill us lol.

I would hate to lose Shump as he is turning it around-ish, I really thought he would be Bruce Bowen like, and if we lost him then I am sure that there is diamond in the rough somewhere languishing on someone's bench.
He aint turning around ****. Just fooling everybody to extend his shelf life.

At this point, I wouldn't be mad at all if we traded him and he flourished on some other team a few years from now. It's just not happening here.

just keep it simple for now and keep a consistent lineup and cut the rotation... no need to change the rotation unless theres an injury... this is the first thing fish should work on right now

would y'all do Faried for Shump if Denver called up?

I'd trade Shump for Faried, I'd even trade Shump for Afflalo. But that is just me. I don't see one person not named Carmelo Anthony un-tradeable. But for some reason I think the FO will hang on to those expiring contracts and let that money come off the books rather than take on salary/years, unless something blows them away. I'd have no problem keeping STAT or Bargs, but that won't happen, I don't see how management would keep two injury prone guys who can put up points, but are horrendous defenders.

Last edited:
I know he plays 0 defense, but I'm still all for bringing STAT back for the low.

Back
Top Bottom