2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Didnt watch the game last night, I was smart enough to watch the Rangers. :lol:

What's unfolding is nothing we didnt already expect. We knew the defense would be terrible. The offense is there, but there is no reason why we should be giving up 115 points to the Wolves and Bucks. NO REASON. They both shot 50% from the 3pt line. :lol:

I really don't know what people were expecting, there's a few bright spots but this roster is weak. I try to stay out of this thread, because I have enough with the jets but this is what I expected.

I want to say when jose comes back well be straight but i said the same thing last year with tyson n was still garbage... not setting myself up for disappointment this year... im already prepared for a high draft pick :lol:

I really don't know what people were expecting, there's a few bright spots but this roster is weak. I try to stay out of this thread, because I have enough with the jets but this is what I expected.

On paper, we arent that bad.

The inability to close out on 3pt. shooters is really frustrating to watch because you have Shump, Melo, and JR always cheating toward the ball and leaving their man wide open.

honestly don't think caldo will make a difference. this team just doesn't have focus and heart.

i dont think he'll make a HUGE difference, but having an actual PG on the floor will help. not to mention he can knock down shots and doesnt turn the ball over much.

Like I said before, this team is just constructed horribly.

Melo is one the best scorers in the history of the game but he's not a leader.

We need strong veteran leadership like Rasheed, Camby and J. Kidd provided in our best recent run.

We need a smart PG with a good jumper, that can push the break a la Dragic.

We need an interior presence that can block shots and score like Gasol.

And we need knock down 3 point shooters to spread the floor.

We have none of those pieces and consequently, we suck.

Last edited:
If we played even a little bit of defense we'd be like 5-8 at worst.

I saw on Twitter Derek Fisher doesn't believe 3's can beat you, which is why 3pt shooters are wiiiiide open all the time. I'll post the link if I can find it.

@IanBegley: Derek Fisher's defensive strategy includes the idea that threes "won't beat you." Is that hurting the #Knicks? More: http://t.co/l0qANktS6f

Last edited:
having caldo starting will have a major impact. Shane isn't a threat offensively and is undersized on the defensive end.

sigh...

really had us at 8-3 at this point

And some people had this team winning 42-45 games this season

I'm starting to see why Knicks fans are ridiculed on this board and worldwide. Some of us just can't face reality and accept this team for what they are (Not throwing anyone under the bus).

This team sucks and there was nothing anyone could do to change that, at least for this season. Calderon or Bargnani isn't saving us either. The season is a wash and the least we should do is use this season as a learning experience.

Last edited:
sigh...

really had us at 8-3 at this point

And some people had this team winning 42-45 games this season

I'm starting to see why Knicks fans are ridiculed on this board and worldwide. Some of us just can't face reality and accept this team for what they are (Not throwing anyone under the bus).

This team sucks and there was nothing anyone could do to change that, at least for this season. Calderon or Bargnani isn't saving us either. The season is a wash and the least we should do is use this season as a learning experience.

didn't think Caldo will be out to start the season. with him starting from the jump our record would be a lot better. we are losing to teams I think we are better than (DET, ATL, ORL, UTA, MIL,MIN)

ehhh i didnt expect us to beat det or atl. they have the bigs that we dont.

sam is our only interior defender, but he doesnt get consistent minutes. idk if its because fish is tryna rest him or what, but 8 min one game and then 20+ the next is messing up their rhythm. that goes for some of the other guys like acy, as well.

stat is a horrible defender, so pretty much any time we play a team with solid bigs, i already chalk up the L :rolleyes

^ exactly... didnt think jose would be out from the jump and didnt think it would take this long for his return... bottomline is they need to play better and theres still some time but they need to start winning now... at least beat philly :smh:

@njavier03 yea DET had bigs, but they also have smooth and BJ. we have melo. siiiiiigggghghghghghghghg (when sighing leads to sobbing)

What's Jose going to do to improve this team? Sure, we might turn the ball over less frequently, but he's not going to improve our defense over night. Neither is Bargnani. IDK if you guys realize this, but Caldo and Bargs are TERRIBLE defenders for their position.

You guys can't seem to understand that our biggest issue is on the DEFENSIVE END. We're letting bums like Kyle Korver, Kevin Martin and Evan Fournier drop 30+ points on us. We can't guard the 3 ball to save our lives and guys like Deron Williams is having their careers resurrected on our perimeter defense.

Calderon and Bargani isn't fixing any of this ****. We ******* suck and we sucked from the jump. I don't care how early in the season this is. We're a lottery bound team. Plain and simple. You guys need to let go of whatever false hope you have a face reality. Trust me, you'll feel much better after these losses. I know I am :lol:

the defense is what is and will be that way all year long. but when our offense stalls we have a problem too. double team Melo? kick it to Bargs for the 15 fter or caldo for a 3. if shots are falling, guys are more likely to play harder on defense. bad shooting night? shoulders slump and no effort on defense.

If we played even a little bit of defense we'd be like 5-8 at worst.

I saw on Twitter Derek Fisher doesn't believe 3's can beat you, which is why 3pt shooters are wiiiiide open all the time. I'll post the link if I can find it.

@IanBegley: Derek Fisher's defensive strategy includes the idea that threes "won't beat you." Is that hurting the #Knicks? More: http://t.co/l0qANktS6f

He's right, though. We arent losing because teams are hitting their 3's, we turn the ball over entirely way too much. 28 points last night were off turnovers, the night before 24 points off turnovers.

There are just too many places for blame to fall. I actually blame myself for believing that there enough significant changes that would make us contenders, or at least come out of the East, I should have taken the mindset that the team is horrible from the start and if they were to have proven me wrong at least they'd be winning, but no, that would have been too much to ask.

This is accumulation of 15 years of bad Front Office decisions, it won't be rebuilt in 6 months. The players we got were the best ones available for what we already had to offer. Plus, the new additions are playing pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom