Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Full quote:

"Bowden: (laughing) Well, I think it's a consensus among Florid State fans, and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university (emphasis mine). He won a lot of ball games, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is that he's young enough to get over that, ya know it, and he's gotta do that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made while he was in college"

Much ado about nothing
Most of the rational TAMU fans I know (probably about 80% of the people I actually associate with/talk to from school) feel the same way about Manziel. There's absolutely no way you can discredit what was done for the school on the field, but if it weren't for athletic performance you'd be somewhat embarrassed to claim that person as an alum because of their actions off the field. The portrayal from the media has been much of the same in both cases (post-collegiate career) it seems.

Bowden's quote was taken way out of context. To summarize it as "Winston was an embarrassment to the University" is an actual embarrassment to the journalistic integrity of those reporters, in my opinion. I guess when you're getting paid based on clicks, that's all that matters nowadays.

Anyone else look at that white FSU helmet (or any new uniform) and get immediately bummed out that NCAA FOOTBALL is dead?

Dennis Norfleet’s Michigan  career is in jeopardy, but it’s not over.

At least not yet it isn’t.

Contrary to multiple published reports citing comments for Norfleet’s high school coach, Detroit King headman Dale Harvel, the senior kick/punt returner has not been dismissed from the football team.

A source within the program speaking the condition of anonymity informed The Michigan Insider that Norfleet hasn’t yet been been removed from the team.

“He has been suspended for the past three weeks,” the source said.

Details on the reason for the suspension remain internal.
http://michigan.scout.com/story/154...d?hootPostID=ed5d71bb3a9b141c669465760052690b

From BN

**Soap Opera Update … We recently had a chance to speak to one of our sources that is in constant contact with the Ohio State staff.

We asked what he's been hearing about the quarterback situation and got an interesting answer we wanted to share.

"It won't be J.T. [Barrett] from what I'm hearing," the source said. "Obviously a lot can change from now until [Sept. 7], but right now, from what I'm hearing it looks like it will be Cardale [Jones] until Braxton [Miller] is healthy enough. Braxton is the guy if and when he is healthy. That's what I continue to hear."

There's nothing too groundbreaking about the latter point of that statement – especially when it follows the all-powerful “if and when” disclaimer. But we did find it surprising was how adamant our source was Barrett would not be the starter. Adding that Cardale could start the season and then be relieved by a healthy Braxton almost seems like a play for TV ratings.

We're not so sure it plays out that way. At this point, ‘sure’ isn’t part of it. But this source talks to people who would know (see: Urbz).

JT still isn't 100% and honestly no chance that Cardale would have stayed if some assurances weren't made.

CE6eITAVIAApT8h.png:large

I maybe would have worded that differently down at the bottom there.

Bowden 14 top 5 finish running a clean program
He meant
Embarrassing = getting caught .

Le batard made a good point , Riley didn't rip LeBron because when you do then people start opening skeletons in your closet .

Anyone else look at that white FSU helmet (or any new uniform) and get immediately bummed out that NCAA FOOTBALL is dead?
Every time I see a team debut a new this is my first thought and I'm like

6QeFvr3.gif

frown.gif

July 1st Tennessee will debut the Nike gear and it will be on a televised show from the ATh. department. [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom