laugh.gif

Either your jerseys are gonna look like this

thumb.aspx

or like this

miamiohshoulders.jpg

miami-redhawks-football-adidas-2013-620x930.jpg

Last edited:
[h1]University of Miami, an original ‘Nike school,’ switches to Adidas[/h1]
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...i-an-original-nike-school-switches-to-adidas/

Make no mistake: money is the primary factor in the switch. Adidas’ winning bid is believed to be in the ballpark of the eight-year, $33 million pact it announced with Arizona State last month. That pays ASU $3 million more than its old deal with Nike.

According to an August study in the Portland Business Journal  that included contract numbers on most of the FBS schools, Adidas pays the four most lucrative contracts in college athletics. At the top is Michigan, which is valued at $8.2 million per year.

In 1987, UM became the first college to sign an all-sports contract with a retailer — allowing one brand to “own the school,” as former Nike executive Sonny Vaccaro called it after he inked the deal.

Aside from no longer being a signature Nike school, UM could face blowback in recruiting – although the impact is often overstated – because some recruits who prefer to play in Nike shoes may not want to switch to another brand.

Last edited:
Boy I tell ya, Miami fans can't find anything good to say about their own program. JerseySponsors Now? You guys could literally complain about anything man. Root for FSU if it's that bad

The last part of Nako's post though has some truth to it. Some kids won't want to play in Adidas. But the way this thread reacted to my preseason post about Miami falling off because all kids are Prima Donnas now and that "hard nose" player doesn't exhist in today's age and Miami lacks things needed to acquire kids, like Nice Uni's, state of the art facilities bla bla bla....why are the Unis switching from Nike to Adidas a big deal now if it didn't matter then when I spoke on it?

Last edited:
Boy I tell ya, Miami fans can't find anything good to say about their own program. JerseySponsors Now? You guys could literally complain about anything man. Root for FSU if it's that bad

The last part of Nako's post though has some truth to it. Some kids won't want to play in Adidas. But the way this thread reacted to my preseason post about Miami falling off because all kids are Prima Donnas now and that "hard nose" player doesn't exhist in today's age and Miami lacks things needed to acquire kids, like Nice Uni's, state of the art facilities bla bla bla....why are the Unis switching from Nike to Adidas a big deal now if it didn't matter then when I spoke on it?

This has always been a big deal and for the 1st all Nike school it kinda hurts to see them switch

I liked to see the 3 main Florida schools in Nike. Just goes to show how far Miami has fallen.

but if they using the extra 3 mill to off Golden im sure fans wont mind the switch

never thought I would see the day when Tennessee was Nike and The U was Adidas

glad we dont have to worry about switching at Oregon

.....or it simply means that Adidas is willing to pay more than Market value in order to secure a team w/ a Name brand in a market after losing Tenn & Michigan?

Hard nose players have nothing to do when anything when their into a scheme to be soft and give up everything underneath. You have no clue what your talking about like usual.

Yea whatever. Why be a fan of Miami when you hate everything about your own team?

You mad, so I know nothing. Makes sense.

When players are told to play off and give up every thing in front of them they have no chance of playing "hard nose" linemen are taught to patty cake the dline and try and cover gaps instead of attacking. No chance to be " hard nose " chad Thomas went the whole year without ONE sack. Makes no sense. I'm not mad at the team I'm mad at the administration not doing what needs to be done. And fans can't be upset over their team switching from Nike to ugly *** Adidas? There's nothing happy to talk about with the foot all team.

I'm still pissed they didn't renovate the Orange Bowl. All the history held at that structure!!! No way in hell UM should be tenants at Sun Life Stadium. No other historic college football program gets this treatment. The University of Miami administrators seem like they purposely are trying to undermine and tarnish the program. If they don't want football athletics, stop playing and do away with the program. The recruits, who will eventually become alumni deserve more respect from the Big Wigs who call the shots! It's shameful

Last edited:
Well you don't have to worry. If the next two classes are proof Miami kids aren't going to fall for the Golden trap anymore. They're going to FSU and Texas.

The 16 class has some big name players committed already and about another 4-6 legacies who are highly rated that have yet to commit. But they way the season ended I could see them losing some guys.

With the way Miami has played over the last decade, they should be lucky that they got Adidas to back them.

Figured they'd be sponsored by Russell Athletics, Starter, or Converse at this point.

@a-friend The Nike thing isn't just about cool looking uniforms. They were the first school to be completely sponsored by Nike,even before Oregon was.

It's part of the issue Miami alums have with the school trying to distance itself from the people and traditions that were around during all the winning. The administration is trying to start from scratch and I can understand bad feelings about that.

Also Adidas's football uniforms suck. They always have. Thee was a Tennessee or Michigan game where players had their numbers dangling off mid game.Plus they're ugly. The Miami move is about money for the school's other programs, which is fine, but its also understandable why the football people are pissed.

Looks like Florida is going to flip QB Lamar Jackson from Louisville. Kid is raw but has all the tools in the world. He's better than the Lawson kid that flipped to VT IMO

Looks like Florida is going to flip QB Lamar Jackson from Louisville. Kid is raw but has all the tools in the world. He's better than the Lawson kid that flipped to VT IMO
Doesn't Florida already have like 3 people ahead of him? Why would he want to go there when he can start at Louisville in a year.

Oregawn with all the silver angelic uniforms
pimp.gif
I am disappoint.

Was hoping they'd be a little more creative and have green and yellow implemented. I mean, they are the home team... Why not be your colorful self?
frown.gif
These are just the storm trooper joints with grey pants. Same way last weeks uni was just the reg kelly greens with a new matte helmet.

Cats complained bout the volt so Nike kept it basic.

And you're wearing the white's because last week Ohio wore their new white jerseys. They want to show off your alternate and Ohio's red jersey this go around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom