• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Came in here to post this. Amazing the amount of consistency these teams have had and to end up in the first playoff.

I think Brad Edwards had a good point this morning about Baylor. The committee finally acknowledge the h2h between Baylor and TCU. After that, TCU was basically out of the picture and it was down to Baylor and Ohio State. In terms of schedule, Baylor obviously had the worst non-conf of the two. But it should be noted as well that Baylor had THREE bye weeks during the season. Ohio State had one less bye week and an extra game they won.

Based on that information, I can see how the committee reached that conclusion. Granted, Ohio State is down to their third-string quarterback. Had Oregon been in that situation, I don't think they get in the top four, whether that's right or wrong.

At the end of the day, I think the committee has the right four teams. That isn't to say Baylor or TCU aren't good teams (for the record, I think TCU is a great team and enjoy watching them and like Gary Patterson), but based on the body of work, I'd have done the same thing.

Baylor having 3 weeks off as opposed to Ohio St having 2 is just another talking point that doesn't really affect the actual outcome. Ohio St needed an extra game just to have as many quality wins as Baylor. Point is moot.

The committee pretty much told everyone after the loss to WVU that Baylor had no chance of getting in.

Baylor having 3 weeks off as opposed to Ohio St having 2 is just another talking point that doesn't really affect the actual outcome. Ohio St needed an extra game just to have as many quality wins as Baylor. Point is moot.

The committee pretty much told everyone after the loss to WVU that Baylor had no chance of getting in.

I guess I disagree. I think that Baylor having an extra bye and and OSU playing another game is a very important factor. That gives Baylor another week to get healthy, another week to gameplan for their next team. Baylor never played more than four consecutive games during the season. Ohio State played eight consecutive games. How can that not affect a team's strength of schedule or a team's overall health? For instance, Oregon played Wyoming this season. By no means is that a game that is anything to write home about. That being said, the game still had to be played and during the game Oregon lost tackle Jake Fisher for a month, where they lost to Arizona. Ohio State (and other teams) having to play that extra game most definitely has an effect on outcomes long-term.

I just cannot buy the argument that it doesn't mean anything.

BTW, Baylor's non-conference games in the future (as presently constituted) are just pathetic:

09/05 - at SMU
09/12 - Lamar
09/26 - Rice

09/03 - Northwestern State
09/17 - SMU
09/24 - at Rice

09/02 - Liberty
09/09 - UTSA
09/23 - at Duke

09/08 - at UTSA
09/15 - Duke

08/31 - Incarnate Word
09/07 - UTSA
09/14 - at Rice

WHO THE F IS INCARNATE WORD? Seriously. Get the F outta here when you're scheduling teams like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo what is the point of the extra game if Baylor is playing the better team? Beating an overrated Wisconsin team meant nothing. Playoff committee made a strong point: if you schedule ooc soft you better win all of em. And that's with Baylor having a better win & loss than Ohio St.

Incarnate word
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I thought Incarnate Word was the generic school name people used when making fun of cupcakes :lol:

Last edited:
Incarnate Word is a small private school out of San Antonio that just entered FCS like last year :lol:

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think Baylor and TCU are better than Ohio State right now but I think the committee got it right if that makes any sense.

Sucks for TCU but they shouldn't have folded up in Waco.

TCU folks are good people too, DFW would have been live because I think they actually would have won it all.

Screw Baylor though.

As a Big XII "fan" I'm happy this happened. This 10 team no championship game **** was corny anyways.

Last edited:
Well, at least we'll get to see osu slaughtered at the hands of bama. That's probably better than them not making it.

Well, at least we'll get to see osu slaughtered at the hands of bama. That's probably better than them not making it.

If I knew someone going to Vegas I'd put my life savings on the line.

It damn near ain't fair what's going to happen to them.

Last edited:
As a Big XII "fan" I'm happy this happened. This 10 team no championship game **** was corny anyways.
Agree.. This will (hopefully?) force them to realize they were moving backwards when everyone else was leaping forward...

Probably is, there's nobody worth a damn left to move unless they can, by some act of God, convince BYU and ND to join.

Agree.. This will (hopefully?) force them to realize they were moving backwards when everyone else was leaping forward...

Probably is, there's nobody worth a damn left to move unless they can, by some act of God, convince BYU and ND to join.

BYU already wants in. God has given his approval :wink: :lol:

I wanted to play Miami since we're so scared to play them. ECU eh. They'll probably wash us, let the big Mac era begin.

Back
Top Bottom