• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Possibly, but in that case they wouldn't have had to decide between 3 teams. It would have been Baylor v tOSU. Brand name could and probably would trump it in the end though. If Baylor would have been able to blow out K. St a little more that would have helped too.

Report: A&M vs. Miami in the Independence Bowl?
4 minutes ago
With the first year of the College Football Playoff, the rest of the bowl selections have gotten a little more confusing. Bowls are submitting lists to conferences but most of the conferences are making the final choices.
[How the bowl selection is likely to go down]
However, according to the Miami Herald, the Miami Hurricanes are likely headed to Shreveport to play in the Duck Commander Independence Bowl. The likely opponent the paper is hearing is Texas A&M.
"Two sources said a good possibility exists that Miami (6-6, 3-5) will face Texas A&M (7-5, 3-5 Southeastern Conference), rather than the matchup with the University of Florida Gators (6-5, 4-4) that many were expecting."
The Independence Bowl has tie-ins with both the SEC and ACC conferences.
Though the national media predicts a wide array of bowls for the Aggies, the report from the Miami Herald is the first one that seems to be based on sourced information rather than educated guesses.
One other possible matchup being talked about is A&M vs. Notre Dame in the Music City Bowl.
[Final Texas A&M bowl projections]
The ACC will not release its bowl selections until 4:30 p.m. Central on Sunday. The SEC has not yet specified a time at this point.

Can't believe I have to cheer for the Tide, but my disgust for Ohio State trumps my sheer loathing of all things Bama.

Disgruntled Wolverines fan checking in..... :lol: :lol:

I don't have a dog in the fight but my biggest problem with the committee is that I don't see why they released rankings each week when they "started from scratch" each week. According to the committee, one week's poll has no bearing on the following week's poll. I understand that the college basketball committee selection process is different and that college football teams need to know where they stand earlier in the season for a playoff system that is less inclusive than the big dance, but why not let the AP and Coaches rank the teams how they usually do each week and then have the committee meet up at the end of the season and pick the four teams for the playoff?

I think either BU, TCU or OSU have compelling arguments to be the 4th seed but the process looks bad when the rankings fluctuate so much each week off of convincing wins. IMO it just looks better not releasing rankings each week when the only ranking that matters is the last one.

The Big 12 not having a championship game is a convienent excuse. With TCU/Baylor being a legit debate on which could've advance it was just easier to leave both out.

Plus we arent named Texas or Oklahoma.

If either of those teams had Baylor or TCU's resume they would have been in no questions asked.

I don't have a dog in the fight but my biggest problem with the committee is that I don't see why they released rankings each week when they "started from scratch" each week. According to the committee, one week's poll has no bearing on the following week's poll. I understand that the college basketball committee selection process is different and that college football teams need to know where they stand earlier in the season for a playoff system that is less inclusive than the big dance, but why not let the AP and Coaches rank the teams how they usually do each week and then have the committee meet up at the end of the season and pick the four teams for the playoff?

Yup. 100% agree

Plus we arent named Texas or Oklahoma.

If either of those teams had Baylor or TCU's resume they would have been in no questions asked.

I said that earlier. If it were OU and UT in the place of Baylor and TCU, one of those two gets in without question.

Must suck to be programs no one cares about.

Miss. St jumped Michigan St. in the new poll that was just released.

Oregon's resume not worthy of the No. 2 seed in my opinion, and the committee's actions in everything except the final seedings seem to align with that thinking as well.

? Ducks ended up with 4 wins over teams ranked in the final top 25, tied with Bama. How are they not no. 2?

it's all they have. let em enjoy it
laugh.gif
I'm from Ohio, they been annoying as ****. 
laugh.gif

Ole Miss v. TCU - Chick Fil A Bowl.

Boise St. v. Arizona - Fiesta Bowl

Miss. St. v Georgia Tech - Orange Bowl

Mich St. v Baylor - Cotton Bowl.

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] at Art Briles rant right now.

Back
Top Bottom