• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Addendum: I understand that Oklahoma wasn't a destination job before Bob Stoops, and when he leaves and the school takes a downturn for a few years, that's whose spot Michigan will grab first.

Is Stanford even a top 25 job?
Def top 25. Arguably top 15. They have the facilities, they recruit the west coast well now without even trying, and the Pac12 is a stronger conference than the B1G and BigXII.

I don't know how well the job pays, but I don't know that you can name 25 better jobs in the country?

In re Michigan:

Michigan is the winning-est program in CFB history and that counts for a lot. They have a great recruiting base, solid history... But the pressure from the administration, boosters, and fans to win a national championship right out of the gates is immense. It's a high stress job. Little to no flexibility to build the team and run the program how you want (see: Rich Rod, and the phrase "a Michigan Man") the climate of the city (Ann Arbor is very cold) and how bad the B1G is (both a gift and a curse) and Michigan just isn't as desirable a job as any of the other top 10.

The school had certain recruiting advantages like exposure and money in the 90s that it just doesn't have any more. The best recruits in the country aren't dying to go to Michigan the way they used to...

I don't know. I'd listen to an argument about Michigan being in the top 10.

Def top 25. Arguably top 15. They have the facilities, they recruit the west coast well now without even trying, and the Pac12 is a stronger conference than the B1G and BigXII.

I don't know how well the job pays, but I don't know that you can name 25 better jobs in the country?
The academic standards still make it hard to recruit there.  IIRHC they have lowered them a bit after JH started having success there, but it's still probably harder to get top talent there than at place like Nebraska. 

Aye if O'leary finally decides to retire this year, we would take Bo any way possible. :pimp:

WOW.

There were dudes at A&M that wondered whether he should've been fired as the receivers coach after the lack of development in some of their younger guys this year.

Good for him, though. He's a hell of a recruiter and other HS coaches in my area love the guy.

WOW.

There were dudes at A&M that wondered whether he should've been fired as the receivers coach after the lack of development in some of their younger guys this year.

Good for him, though. He's a hell of a recruiter and other HS coaches in my area love the guy.
Define "dudes at A&M"...players? fans? media?

I mean, Mike Evans was pretty good at A&M...

In re Michigan:

Michigan is the winning-est program in CFB history and that counts for a lot. They have a great recruiting base, solid history... But the pressure from the administration, boosters, and fans to win a national championship right out of the gates is immense. It's a high stress job. Little to no flexibility to build the team and run the program how you want (see: Rich Rod, and the phrase "a Michigan Man") the climate of the city (Ann Arbor is very cold) and how bad the B1G is (both a gift and a curse) and Michigan just isn't as desirable a job as any of the other top 10.

The school had certain recruiting advantages like exposure and money in the 90s that it just doesn't have any more. The best recruits in the country aren't dying to go to Michigan the way they used to...

That's not true. It might be for JH if he get's that enormous contract but expectations will not be that high with someone like Dan Mullen. 

Politics is a problem at Michigan.  It's part of the reason RR didn't work out, and it's the reason Hoke got the job.  I would hope after the Hoke era, and RR having success at Zona that the "Michigan Man", and "Michigan Football" memes are dead but TBH i don't know. 

Recruiting isn't the problem at Michigan. 

You don't think OU was a destination job before Stoops?

Last edited:
In re Michigan:

Michigan Fans Thankful Program No Longer Relevant Enough To Be Humiliated On National Stage

ANN ARBOR, MI—Following yesterday’s firing of head coach Brady Hoke, fans of the University of Michigan football team confirmed Wednesday that they are simply thankful the program is no longer relevant enough to be completely humiliated on a national stage. “It’s actually a relief to know that our years of total mediocrity basically preclude us from being crushed in front of millions of people during some sort of big-time game,” said 26-year-old Joseph Reilly, one of thousands of Michigan fans who admitted to taking some comfort in the program’s insignificance, as it virtually ensures they will not have to be thoroughly embarrassed during an ABC or ESPN primetime broadcast in the near future. “At this point, we’re so far removed from the national picture that we’re almost immune to being on the receiving end of a huge blowout during a major bowl game. Honestly, I’m just glad we’re so much of an afterthought that we’re at least free to disgrace ourselves in relative obscurity.” Reached for comment, members of the Michigan athletic department told reporters they are equally thankful the program’s fall from prominence has drastically lessened the pressure to get the next coaching hire right.

seem like this week is going sooooooo slow

im ready for tomorrow

Pretty ''meh" response to Beaty being named HC. Most wanted Warinner.
I understand this...but people don't know what goes on "behind the scenes" ...maybe he turned down the job...who knows.

I like the Beaty hire. Can recruit Texas...turned Kerry Meier and Dezmon Briscoe into All Big 12 WRs at KU...

I think Oregon and Texas A&M are more desirable destinations to recruits than Nebraska is

Oregon is popular because of Nike

Texas A&M is because its in the sweet spot of Texas and its in the SEC

As of today (in a particular order, but I'm open to shuffling around the bottom 5)

1. Texas

2. Florida

3. Ohio State

4. Alabama

5. USC

6. Notre Dame

7. Florida State

8. Oklahoma

9. Georgia

10. LSU

Then you have jobs like Oregon, Miami, Stanford (with what they've built over there) Auburn, Michigan, and because it's in Texas and plays in the SEC Texas A&M.

And Nebraska, who I can understand arguing is in the top 10-15 range, sure, but also understand leaving out.
USC is a top 5 job? Really? I'd definitely put them below ND and FSU. UGA and LSU over Oklahoma. Maybe it's west coast bias or maybe my lack of west coast bias, but I see UMich as a better job than USC. 

Last edited:
@spencersignu
Follow
Inside sources tell me Will Muschamp will sign with Auburn on Monday #Muschamp #DC #USC #Auburn

There are rumors that Boom might end up at USCe as DC/HCIW.

In re Michigan:

That's not true. It might be for JH if he get's that enormous contract but expectations will not be that high with someone like Dan Mullen. 

Politics is a problem at Michigan.  It's part of the reason RR didn't work out, and it's the reason Hoke got the job.  I would hope after the Hoke era, and RR having success at Zona that the "Michigan Man", and "Michigan Football" memes are dead but TBH i don't know. 

Recruiting isn't the problem at Michigan. 

You don't think OU was a destination job before Stoops?

Not particularly.

I know Texas is a desirable program coaching and facility wise, but IMO I really think A&M (even with the mediocre season this year) has taken over the state as far as recruiting and desirability (by players) goes. I just don't think kids want to go to Texas as much anymore.

Just from talking to some of these top recruits in the DFW, a lot of them don't care for Texas like in the past. Kids wanna play in the SEC.

Last edited:
Yes kids want to play in the SEC but Texas will be in the mix for great recruits because of Austin and its more diverse

Last edited:
I know Texas is a desirable program coaching and facility wise, but IMO I really think A&M (even with the mediocre season this year) has taken over the state as far as recruiting and desirability (by players) goes. I just don't think kids want to go to Texas as much anymore.

Just from talking to some of these top recruits in the DFW, a lot of them don't care for Texas like in the past. Kids wanna play in the SEC.
Let Charlie Strong have one 9 or 10 win season at UT and you won't be hearing that anymore. Kevin Sumlin is the new hotness right now, and rightfully so, but to borrow a corny line I've been hearing a lot: "The University of Texas is a sleeping giant."

Not particularly.
They had that lull after Switzer left but that was still a program with 36 CC's and 6 NC's before he got there. 

Stoops didn't make OU into a power program.  They were a blueblood before he got there. 
I know that. I just don't know that it was necessarily a job everyone was clawing over each other to get is what I mean by "destination job." Was it a job that everyone wanted at that time or was it one of those jobs that looked good on paper but the top options out there looked at like"nah not right now"?

Idk. I was in middle school at the time, so it's not like I was following it as it happened. I'm basing it totally off what I've read/watched/heard after the fact so I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom