• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I totally disagree with Riley being a PR hire. We all want the big name but when it comes down to it, he was the right guy for the job. His strengths play to our weaknesses. We haven't had a legit NFL level quarterback come through our program since Ferrigamo in the 70's. Riley has a laundry list of quarterbacks he's worked with and developed over the years with the biggest being Drew Brees. If we ever expect to win the B1G and contend for a chip, it has to start with a legit qb.

We haven't been able to develop talent from the bottom up with previous regimes. He's also been proven to do that as well. I heard quote from him saying that he always wanted to hire assistants that were smarter than him. That says a lot about him trusting his assistant coaches to do what they're paid to do and not micromanage. Bo had a bunch of yes men and buddies as assistants.

There's levels to building a championship level program and I think today we have made a big step towards it.

Last edited:
Nebraska won't see 9 wins with Riley

If we're all still around in 3 years gravedig this post

It's a mediocre hire at best. You don't have to defend it so vehemently. Everyone in college football circles is stunned and don't understand what NEB is doing. I was furious as hell when UF hired Muschamp.

I have no idea if that's what he was talking about. Neither makes sense.

You were right.

What's the series about and how did it cause us to lose to another bummy team?
Its a YouTube series on there YouTube account. They have an episode each game its like a behind the scenes thing. He's just using it as an excuse

Yea, I remember him saying that we had the most night games earlier this year. I'm just tired of this guy, man. Sucks that the school doesn't care about football. 
I think it was after the GT game. And I'm with you it's depressing

I dont get how some of yall can go so hard for a school when you've ever never been on their campus?!?

Most of the Texas A
I'm from MS. Been Duke (bball) and Miami (football) fans since I've started watching the sports. I knew I wasn't going there but that didn't stop me from being a fan. Graduated from MS State in '08. Can't remember the year, may have been in 05, but Duke played State in the tourney. My boys that played for State knew I was going for Duke. *mj shrug

Braska fans,

Mike Riley's the big name yall hoped for?

Thats messed up :lol: :smh:

I dont get how some of yall can go so hard for a school when you've ever never been on their campus?!?

Most of the Texas A&M dudes actually went to the school or know people that went there

Alot yall just randomly pick the best program and call that your team

Texas A&M hasn't been the redheaded step child of the Big 12 and especially the SWC

I grew up in Bryan/College Station

**** A&M

If Kevin Sumlin wasn't Black I wouldn't mind if they never won a game.

Thats messed up :smh:

It's a mediocre hire at best. You don't have to defend it so vehemently. Everyone in college football circles is stunned and don't understand what NEB is doing. I was furious as hell when UF hired Muschamp.

Most of he talking heads in college fb I heard/read said it was a good hire.
Good luck with your mediocre hire and team as well

Last edited:
Nebraska won't see 9 wins with Riley

If we're all still around in 3 years gravedig this post
We will see 9 wins next season, looking at the 2015 Schedule We have at Miami, home vs Wisky home vs STATE at Minnesota. those will be the games that would be a toss up, every other game is a W 

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom