• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What happens if all the favorites lose this week?
laugh.gif
Pure chaos

@SIPeteThamel
Don't expect Michigan's coaching search to move at warp speed. Been told that the search will be deliberate.

Cowherd said there is a mystery candidate getting some buzz for the job in agents circles.  Bob Stoops?

He said it's not Schiano. 

I really don't get the Scott Frost talk. Is he ready for the next step? Yes. Should that step be a major program like Nebraska, don't know about that.

Big risk for these major programs to hire a coach with no previous head coaching experience. Major gamble, a job costing gamble for an AD.

It was time for a change at Oregon State, but still funny how a fan base forgets they were once a doormat. Mike Riley is the reason that program is relevant, :lol:. I think it's a great hire, not "home run" but solid hire.

Yes, Alabama went after Riley and USC did so as well... Twice. He coached at USC before and had ties to the school and area. "Went after" is a strong statement, more like showed interest. What will be interesting is who Oregon State hires, it's a short trip (aka bad hire) back to doormat status (hello Cal).

Last edited:
I really don't get the Scott Frost talk. Is he ready for the next step? Yes. Should that step be a major program like Nebraska, don't know about that.

Big risk for these major programs to hire a coach with no previous head coaching experience. Major gamble, a job costing gamble for an AD.

It was time for a change at Oregon State, but still funny how a fan base forgets they were once a doormat. Mike Riley is the reason that program is relevant,
laugh.gif
. I think it's a great hire, not "home run" but solid hire.

Yes, Alabama went after Riley and USC did so as well... Twice. He coached at USC before and had ties to the school and area. "Went after" is a strong statement, more like showed interest. What will be interesting is who Oregon State hires, it's a short trip (aka bad hire) back to doormat status (hello Cal).
Nebraska is major? 

Last edited:
You know Saban didn't light the world on fire with hos record at Michigan state before he went to LSU either. We'll be fine

Just seems like a bad year to have a coaching opening, not a lot of good candidates. Wish Foley would have just fired Boom last season. Could have Charlie Strong all in here or James Franklin or a host of others.

So I guess part of the buyout for McElwains buyout was Florida scheduling a home and away with CSU with $2 million payout

The most shocking part is Florida actually leaving their state for an OOC game :lol:

So I guess part of the buyout for McElwains buyout was Florida scheduling a home and away with CSU with $2 million payout

The most shocking part is Florida actually leaving their state for an OOC game :lol:

Not true. It's for a home game at UF scheduled sometime during McElwain's 6 year deal.

And we're playing Mich in Jerry World in 2016.

Ohio State people...you guys hearing anything around town from "insiders" about Warriner to KU?

:lol:

-edit-

No Karlos Williams and no Terrance Smith this weekend for your Noles. Starting RB & WLB

Last edited:
Dennis Erickson is the reason Oregon State is where it is at
You do know Mike Riley was there before Erickson too, and opened up those recruiting pipelines OSU took advantage of in the late 90s/early 2000s.

You don't get any Southern Cal or Southwest area kids to go there without Riley. That includes Chad Johnson transferring from Santa Monica College. That Pac championship they got was with all Riley's recruits.

It'd be like giving Hoke credit for that 10 win season Michigan put up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom