• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mike Riley is a good coach -- looking forward to seeing what he can do in Nebraska. Will be positive for both sides IMO(new blood @ OSU can't hurt).

Last edited:
I always thought Mike Riley was great with what he had, he made Oregon State relevant, then when he got some talent up there he peaked and it's been mediocrity since. He cleaned up, recruiting inner city kids in LA (he was SC's QB coach in the mid 90's). However once Petearrived, those pipelines dried up, and they are still dry.

This can go either way. May be what he needs, I think he needed a change of scenery. This is a big test for him. Completely going to overlook his Charger stint, pretend it didn't happen.

I absolutely LOVE this hire. Its a homerun imo. Never expected him tho. Dude turned **** into sugar at Oregon state. Plus he's media friendly

sugar?

OS.....sugar?

nah

Last edited:
sugar?

OS.....sugar?

nah

This :lol:

As a beaver alum im shocked. I think Riley made choice in best interest of OSU program. He knew they couldnt fire him and he also knew the program needed a change.

Not sure what Nebraska was thinking TBH. I really thought Scott Frost would be the no brainer hire, especially if he could bring that Oregon spread to the Big Ten.

VERY interested to see where Beavs go from here. If they promote Banker from DC to HC I'll have lost all faith. We need a coach who can sell because its really hard to recruit big time talent to OSU. We need Dennis Erickson back :lol:

Last edited:
I dont get how some of yall can go so hard for a school when you've ever never been on their campus?!?

Most of the Texas A&M dudes actually went to the school or know people that went there

Alot yall just randomly pick the best program and call that your team

Texas A&M hasn't been the redheaded step child of the Big 12 and especially the SWC
I'm from MS. Been Duke (bball) and Miami (football) fans since I've started watching the sports. I knew I wasn't going there but that didn't stop me from being a fan. Graduated from MS State in '08. Can't remember the year, may have been in 05, but Duke played State in the tourney. My boys that played for State knew I was going for Duke. *mj shrug

Braska fans,

Mike Riley's the big name yall hoped for?

Well he did turn down USC twice and Alabama. So how is it not a homerun? They wanted him badly too if I recall

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE this hire. Its a homerun imo. Never expected him tho. Dude turned **** into sugar at Oregon state. Plus he's media friendly

:rofl: You have no idea what you are getting yourselves into with that bum. He can't recruit for jack, his offense is HORRIBLE. But, he is a good guy :D

He will be fired there within 3 years, book it.

So glad he is gone from Oregon State.

:rofl: You have no idea what you are getting yourselves into with that bum. He can't recruit for jack, his offense is HORRIBLE. But, he is a good guy :D

He will be fired there within 3 years, book it.

So glad he is gone from Oregon State.

Who you want to see him replaced with ?

CORVALLIS -- Mike Riley was named the nation's second-most underrated college football coach Saturday in ESPN's weekly college football poll of FBS head coaches.

Duke's David Cutcliffe (13 percent) edged out Riley (11 percent) for the top honor. East Carolina's Ruffin McNeill was third (8 percent), followed by Mark Dantonio (7 percent) and Minnesota's Jerry Kill and Kansas State's Bill Snyder (5 percent each).

Riley and Dantonio tied for the most votes from Power 5 conference coaches at 14 percent. Riley, the Pac-12's longest-tenured headman, is 90-73 with the Beavers. He has led OSU to eight bowl appearances in his 14-year Corvallis career.

Of the 128 FBS coaches polled by ESPN's Brett McMurphy, 97 participated. Thirty-nine coaches received votes.

He's a homerun imo because he fits ours needs. He also flourishes where we are weak in

Last edited:
Who you want to see him replaced with ?

Not someone on staff, that would be a ******* disaster. We need someone who can recruit. At this point the Beavers aren't even mediocre, we are bottom feeders. I think someone maybe like Ed Orgeron, or look at assistants on big time programs who are ready to move up as a HC.

I also think our AD Bob Decarolis should be fired but highly doubt that will happen.

Who would you like to see the Beavers hire?

Last edited:
I'm going to ride like that for Miami's next coach too, bruh. 
What happens if all the favorites lose this week?
laugh.gif
Bama still finds a way into the playoff. 

Mississippi State too

Not someone on staff, that would be a ******* disaster. We need someone who can recruit. At this point the Beavers aren't even mediocre, we are bottom feeders. I think someone maybe like Ed Orgeron, or look at assistants on big time programs who are ready to move up as a HC.

I also think our AD Bob Decarolis should be fired but highly doubt that will happen.

Who would you like to see the Beavers hire?

100% agree with Decarolis

Agree though too, no way they can promote within after the year they had. I love Banker as a person, but this year was so ugly on defense when it looked semi promising before the season :smh:. I'm not sure thought to be honest. You make a good point with Orgeron. We need a coach who can recruit big time athletes to corvallis which isn't easy, which will probably drive alot of good coaches away. The good thing is that there is no where to go but up.

Back
Top Bottom