• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In Hackett's presser yesterday he said he wanted to get rid of the term "Michigan Man" which is really what Michigan needs.
Bo used that term more than just that one time with Bill Frieder, which is why some former players are pissed. 

But since his death the term has definitely been bastardized to the point where Michigan is probably better off getting rid of it.

@DanWolken
Georgia Southern’s final appeal to play in a bowl game this year was denied by the NCAA, person w/ knowledge tells @USATODAYsports

mean.gif

Las Vegas likes Jim Harbaugh to be next Michigan coach

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c.../12/03/michigan-football-coach-odds/19824079/

pimp.gif

‏@ZachAbolverdi  1h1 hour ago
Per @JayGTate, Auburn has offered its defensive coordinator position to former Florida coach Will Muschamp.

@ZachAbolverdi
In addition to job offer from Auburn, @JayGTate reports Muschamp has lucrative offer from A&M & provisional offers from at least 2 NFL teams

Welp @ TCU leapfrogging FSU.

Oregon/TCU and Bama/FSU in the semifinals would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif
[emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji]

I'd pick Bama v TCU in the chip with the Frogs washing the Tide.
imma go say your hatred for Bama caused this. 

I don't think the committee cares what they rank the teams. They just want to give everyone the match up they want to see.

Bama vs Florida State

&

Bama vs Oregon

My case for why the CFP standings are correct...(or why FSU shouldn't even be in the Top 4...)

1. Alabama...duh, we are all okay with this.
2. Oregon...again, fine with us.
3. TCU...here is where it gets interesting...everyone asking how they are still ranked above Baylor and now ranked above FSU...who would you pick on a neutral field in games between those teams? TCU v. FSU? Give me TCU by at least a TD. TCU v. Baylor ON A NEUTRAL FIELD? I'll take TCU...they were up by 21 against Baylor at home and had an awful final quarter.
4. FSU...Now, according to my argument above...I am essentially ranking these teams on who I think would beat who on a neutral field. I think FSU would lose on a neutral field to tOSU and Baylor. However, I understand why they are at 4.

I don't have any issues with this at all.
Why even play the games if you're going to decide everything based on a speculation of who you think should win? :lol:

Last edited:
Not saying he's wrong but Vegas agrees with him FSU wouldn't be favored over anybody ahead of them. Baylor would be favored on a neutral field as well.

My case for why the CFP standings are correct...(or why FSU shouldn't even be in the Top 4...)

1. Alabama...duh, we are all okay with this.
2. Oregon...again, fine with us.
3. TCU...here is where it gets interesting...everyone asking how they are still ranked above Baylor and now ranked above FSU...who would you pick on a neutral field in games between those teams? TCU v. FSU? Give me TCU by at least a TD. TCU v. Baylor ON A NEUTRAL FIELD? I'll take TCU...they were up by 21 against Baylor at home and had an awful final quarter.
4. FSU...Now, according to my argument above...I am essentially ranking these teams on who I think would beat who on a neutral field. I think FSU would lose on a neutral field to tOSU and Baylor. However, I understand why they are at 4.

I don't have any issues with this at all.
Why even play the games if you're going to decide everything based on a speculation of who you think should win?
laugh.gif
I am saying who I think would win.

FSU is undefeated and defending Nat'l Champs? Good for them. Are they a top four best team in CFB this year? ....in my opinion, no. I personally think Ohio State and Baylor would beat them on a neutral field. So, I'd have no issues with FSU being left out at all, but understand why they are at 4.

Maybe this will make Fritz mad and he will come to KU. :pimp:

Without a doubt, he would turn that program around.
Fritz is my guy. Great coach and man. He coached my brothers at Sam Houston.
His daughter is cool as **** too. She just texted me the link to the Cole album this morning. :nthat:

Guess it's time to bring this out

4b236a8573fbf_82552n.jpg

But if FSU wins one more game they'll be out of the playoffs

I think TCU beats Baylor on a neutral field. So I can see them being number 4.

What happens if OSU wins ugly. Does that mean they get in?

I think FSU is just getting punished for all the controversy they have going on. No way the NCAA would want someone like Jameis representing them. I'm pulling for FSU v. Bama championship. And I think FSU pulls it off.

@BlakeABCCola
Follow
Hearing word that Bo Pelini was flown into Columbia Sunday on a private plane with Spurrier awaiting his arrival #SouthCarolina #Gamecocks

They're not being punished for anything off the field they're just being compared to the team they were last year and measured according to those standards

everybody wins this weekend including Ohio St and Baylor will the top 4 stay the same?

Real talk, FSU would beat the ******* breaks off Ohio State, with or without Barrett.

With Barrett? I don't know. It'd be a close game. I know how bad OSU has done in the past 10 years against this team and that team.... but most of those were teams from the SEC. They were right there vs. Clemson last year, an ACC team. They can hang with ACC teams (maybe not Florida State last year, but Florida State this year).

Last edited:

*claps hands* real talk
That's because they've beat the breaks off all the other teams they've played huh?

Now your OSU hate makes you look dumb
I don't hate Ohio at all. You're the class of your conference and a top 7 team, deservedly.

I just think the B1G is buns, watched you lose to V Tech, and through the 7 or 8 games I watched this season, I don't think your defense is good. I know your defense isn't good. And I think Jameis and those weapons would wear you down and then blow it open.

I think JT Barrett is very good, and the things he does blind people to how average the rest of the team plays at times, the same way Mariota's performances mask the holes on Oregon.

FSU top to bottom is a better team than Ohio State. Aside for maybe linebacker play, if even that, name one area you would say you're better than FSU?

Last edited:

Real talk, FSU would beat the ******* breaks off Ohio State, with or without Barrett.
With Barrett? I don't know. It'd be a close game. I know how bad OSU has done in the past 10 years against this team and that team.... but most of those were teams from the SEC. They were right there vs. Clemson last year, an ACC team. They can hang with ACC teams (maybe not Florida State last year, but Florida State this year).
FSU isn't an "ACC" team. That's a top-flight SEC roster right there. It presents the same problems all SEC teams do when they match up against other conferences.

Enormous trench players and astounding speed.

Last edited:
Break that down further to include games played...Robert Griffin (12,620 yards over 41 games = 307.81/gm) vs. Mariota (11,915 over 38 games = 313.55/gm) with, most likely, 2 more college games left to play.

Meanwhile, Tebow had 12,232 over 55 games (222.4/gm).

Wish I had more time at work to look further into these this week (avg. competition, % usage, etc.), but I've been ridiculously busy the past few days, and will probably continue to be throughout the week.

Edit: And just because I had to real quick, based on overall college trajectory, Johnny had 9,989 total yards in 26 games (384.19/gm). Dammit I wish he would have stayed another year
laugh.gif
MM should be hoping for 3 more games 
everybody wins this weekend including Ohio St and Baylor will the top 4 stay the same?
probably so.....the only thing that could possibly change is Baylor jumping FSU (which they don't deserve to do) and the committee isn't ready for those type of death threats.

If the rankings had gone like I thought they would:

Bama

Oregon

FSU 

TCU

Baylor should jump TCU with a quality win vs K State.

Baylor will have the biggest argument if it all stays the same. 

Committee jumped FSU cause no one wants to see an Oregon vs TCU final. 

Back
Top Bottom