2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Loves Team before you ask why hasn't he made the playoffs.
my point wasnt to say that he hasnt been there so he's no good

what im saying is he's never been there so he doesnt know the pressure

who's to say he wont choke in the playoffs due to never having been there

Last edited:
Love is a top 10-15 player that will make almost any playoff team that doesn't have a great power forward an instant title contender

IDk man, Im in the camp that would rather see what Kyrie, Wiggins and LeBron can do at the 1-2-3 spot to start the season, and than maybe re-visit the trade Love possibility at half-break.

:lol: why so dramatic my dude.

Why can't you see the obvious? Why sign a long-term deal with the new TV deal coming up?? Explain that to me. You gotta realize LeBron JUST started gettin money when he won his first ring. Ever since then hes become very business oriented, he's just staying ahead of the game.

Dawg what's a few million more? The new TV deal increases the cap by ~5 million....

That's chump change in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not so naive to believe that he can't compensate those wages by going to Texas in a couple years where there is no income tax (state) to contend for a title......

or wherever else...

That amount of money he can get by just signing another endorsement. C'mon bro.

im sayin so the cavs w/o love are not a title contender?

like how long do yall think it will take for kyrie/wiggins/bennett/thompson to develop into a championshop core for bron? 

7 years? 8 years?

but k-love is guaranteed chip in two seasons or less?

like how long do yall think it will take for kyrie/wiggins/bennett/thompson to develop into a championshop core for bron? 

7 years? 8 years?

Nope....

They as they're constructed now, would have trouble against more seasoned teams like the Thunder or the Spurs.

Hell even Lob City would give them fits.

I think people keep overlooking something on the fact that they feel it's easy to say "if Cleveland wants him, they'll just sign him as a FA."

That's too simplistic because the amount of teams vying for Love once he's a FA will be much more than the few teams rumored to be in the trade market for him right now. Cleveland doesn't have leverage because Love's a FA after next year, but because they have the one thing that would make this deal a slam dunk for the Wolves and the one deal Minnesota can't refuse. They also become more than just a front runner to extend Love because they aren't risking another team getting him via trade and ESPECIALLY because they get him before he hits the FA market when conceivably every NBA team will want to offer Love a deal.

Last edited:
can you guys explain why you think waiters is better than wade?
Wade is on the decline, it can only be worse from here on out, Waiters hasn't even hit his prime yet. Also waiters has been fairly healthy compared to wade around the 3-4th season in the league

7 years? 8 years?

Nope....

They as they're constructed now, would have trouble against more seasoned teams like the Thunder or the Spurs.

Hell even Lob City would give them fits.
but those are all western teams so are you saying that they would make it to the finals, i.e. a title contender?

I think people keep overlooking something on the fact that they feel it's easy to say "if they want him, they'll just sign him as a FA."

That's too simplistic because the amount of teams vying for Love once he's a FA will be much more than the few teams rumored to be in the trade market for him right now. Cleveland doesn't have leverage because Love's a FA after next year, but because they have the one thing that would make this deal a slam dunk for the Wolves and the one deal they can't refuse. They also become more than just a front runner to extend Love because they're aren't risking another team getting him via trade and ESPECIALLY because they get him before he hits the FA market when conceivably every NBA team will want to offer Love a deal.

exactly, and they have to account for future countracts. After rookie deals expire.

It's not so simple just to pick up Love, they'd be losing assets down the line anyways.

I'm not convinced that the Cavs getting Kevin Love would even make them the favorites in the East. They'd gut a lot of their depth with that move and I'm not sure that team gets past a healthy Chicago. I say keep Wiggins, if Bron is committed long term, they have at least two years to get these young guys experience and they'll have cap room the next two summers to go after supplemental pieces after they see truly what they need.

Say they don't even get to the Finals in the next 2 years:

In 2016: Lebron 32, Kyrie-24, Bennett-23, Wiggins-21 that's still a young nucleus and LBJ just maybe starting the downward slope of his prime. I don't think you mortgage all that potential for a guy that hasn't sniffed the playoffs and still may not get you out of your own conference let alone beat the West teams.

I think LBJ is playing this perfectly, give a trial period to the young guys and see who you can and can't play with going forward.

but those are all western teams so are you saying that they would make it to the finals, i.e. a title contender?

No not necessarily, I'm just saying if they do get that far, I highly doubt they're ready for the likes of the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers even the Mavs.

I think people keep overlooking something on the fact that they feel it's easy to say "if they want him, they'll just sign him as a FA."

That's too simplistic because the amount of teams vying for Love once he's a FA will be much more than the few teams rumored to be in the trade market for him right now. Cleveland doesn't have leverage because Love's a FA after next year, but because they have the one thing that would make this deal a slam dunk for the Wolves and the one deal they can't refuse. They also become more than just a front runner to extend Love because they're aren't risking another team getting him via trade and ESPECIALLY because they get him before he hits the FA market when conceivably every NBA team will want to offer Love a deal.
i thought love wanted to play w bron tho?

i mean if he gets traded this season, he's still a free agent next year right?

Lebron came back to cleveland for the long term benefits, hes sold on kyrie & wiggins future

I agree. If Lebron is in it for the long haul, than you wait for Love...play this patiently.,,see what your young core has in store.

Blatt is sure to bring the best out of these guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom